Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BlightyBrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    231
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BlightyBrew

  1. Frustrating series. The only positive thing about this series is that I can think is with Gasser going 6 and Freddy going 7 coupled with the day off today sorta resets the bullpen for the Red Sox series and going forward. I agree with some of the others that I would of given Turang, at least, a start in one of these games. I know he doesn't hit LHP well but I would think with his adjustments this season he be given a longer leash to see. In my opinion is splits against lefties is still a small sample size this year. As a team we aren't really lighting the world on fire against lefties this year so I'm not sure we have the roster to utilize platoons to their full potential. Need to play the best 9, regardless of Right/Lefty handiness 3 out of 4 days. Below doesn't take into account yesterday's loss. Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+ vs RHP 48 1511 1348 189 353 69 8 45 178 53 7 137 349 .262 .338 .425 .763 573 22 19 2 4 2 8 .322 102 118 vs LHP 38 355 306 55 70 11 1 14 54 11 3 41 86 .229 .322 .409 .731 125 5 3 1 4 0 2 .267 93 108
  2. Good win. Thought Gasser pitched better than his line score. Clutch from Yelich. Now lets win tomorrow and take the series.
  3. Brock WilkenRobert GasserCooper PrattCarlos F RodriguezJeferson QueroJacob MisiorowskiEric BitontiWes ClarkeMike BoeveTyler BlackBrett WichrowskiLuis LaraFilippo Di TuriTyler WoessnerEric Brown JrJosh KnothYophery RodriguezLuke AdamsLogan HendersonJuan Baez
  4. Forget about yesterday and get this one tonight.
  5. We were due to struggle with runners in scoring position at some point in this run. Still managed to score 4 runs. Baltimore is a solid team and taking 2 of 3 in Baltimore is great. Just chalk this one as a loss and move on and get back on the horse Monday against the Padres.
  6. Nice solid win. Liked how we manufactured a run in the 7th. Solid AB's from Jackson hitting behind the runner. Turang with a nice play in the 9th. Hopefully the bat can come around this year. Liked Ortiz AB's. Overall solid performance. 161 more to go.
  7. I would keep Sal in the OF. Maximise his speed to cover ground out there. Mitchell in CF. Jackson in LF. Convince Yelich to move to DH, easier said then done. Put Andruw and/or Ortiz at 3B during the early part of the season. Then when Adames is traded in July move Ortiz to short and by that time either Black or Wilken will be up to take over 3B.
  8. I'm hoping that the next manager is more of a hybrid in terms of running the roster and managing an individual game. Understanding that analytics is a tool, a great powerful tool, but not necessarily the only tool in the toolbox and it might not be the best tool to use for every in game tactic or even line up construction for a particular game on a particular night. I agree we need a new voice and someone from outside the organization. Sometimes you don't know what you have or don't have until you see it through the eyes of a stranger.
  9. My only agenda is for the Brewers to win a WS.
  10. I agree with you. The Attanasio apologist will be in full force with damage control.
  11. Congrats to the Rangers and their fans for winning the season. Hopefully Brewer fans will be lucky enough to experience this someday.
  12. And they also have a lower payroll than the Brewers.
  13. I'm neutral according to my profile page.🤣
  14. Was that really necessary? I don't really have a stake in this conversation about if CC stays or goes. It's not like he will manage the Brewers forever. At some point the franchise will have to move on. All managers at some point are most likely fired at some point or they retire. I disagreed with you comment. Not sure why you are making fun of it or me. On the one hand I agree with your comment that he has made the most of what he has been given but on the other side of the coin, CC has had in his tenure some of the best SP and bullpens in franchise history with two nearly lights out closers in terms on sheer talent alone. Plus 2 years of Yeli being from another planet. I'm sure that has also been a factor in his success. This year he did a commendable job in the season considering the roster and injuries that was handed to him but he also had a bad playoff series and outside of '18 hasn't won a playoff series. For all this success we have had we still don't have a pennant or a WS appearance in his time. Is that because of his managing? Of course not but like everyone on the team he also plays a part in all of its successes and failures. If he does leave, what's to say that there won't be someone out there that might be better or does a better job. That person may not even be managing right now. Afterall CC had no managing experience when MA hired him. If he stays great. If he goes then he goes.
  15. I celebrated the 2005 Brewers. I celebrated the 82 Brewers AL Champs. Also, the '81/2008/2011/2018/2020/2021 and 2023 squads. Side note I also thing the 1979 and 1992 squads were pretty good. All those teams have the same thing in common with the teams that were not competitive. They all lost the last game of the season. I would sign up for 5 100 loss seasons if you could guarantee me a WS winner in the next 6 years. However, I understand not everyone shares my view. I have a feeling that the fanbase is fracturing between the those that are happy with the participation trophy and those that want more. Neither side is right. Neither side is wrong.
  16. Jackson ChourioJacob MisiorowskiBrock WilkenJeferson QueroCooper PrattMike BoeveTyler BlackRobert GasserEric BitontiCarlos F RodriguezLuis LaraJosh KnothLuke AdamsYophery RodriguezLogan HendersonDaniel GuilarteBradley BlalockRobert MooreEric Brown Jr
  17. They must think Winker would do a better job a PH than Tellez at this point.
  18. I'd rather have Mitchell over Winker. I can justify Weimer being added for Defence. But I am at a loss for Winker.
  19. I do believe that one year will be OUR YEAR. Just hope that it is in my lifetime.
  20. Can someone clear something up because I'm not clear on the specifics. Isn't it the stadium district(state/local/city government) that owes the repair costs to the stadium and not the Brewers ballclub? And if the district does not pay for the repairs, this will be a breach of contract and the Brewers ballclub can cancel their lease?
  21. Forget pitching. We need his bat in the lineup.
  22. Lineup for the rubber match against Reds I would go with until Tellez, Anderson or any "potential" trade pieces manifest themselves Frelick RF Monasterio 3B Yelich LF Contreras C Miller 1B Wiemer CF Adames SS Winker DH Turang 2B
  23. Jackson ChourioJacob MisiorowskiCooper PrattJeferson QueroBrock WilkenSal FrelickEric BitontiTyler BlackJosh KnothLuis LaraAbner UribeMike BoeveRobert GasserRobert MooreEthan SmallCarlos F RodriguezEric Brown JrHendry MendezDaniel GuilarteFelix Valerio
  24. This would be my pick if he is still available when the Brewers pick in the 1st round.
×
×
  • Create New...