Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Win this one and give us a repeat of 2011 tomorrow.
  2. I feel like I’m a fairly optimistic fan and yet I’m completely unsurprised by this result.
  3. And Devin is now unavailable for the elimination game tomorrow. Unreal.
  4. The combination of bad luck and dumb outs on the bases might be too much to overcome. Going to have to get the best of Sewald, who was pretty bad in the postseason last year.
  5. I appreciate that Marlins Man chose us over the actual Marlins.
  6. Royce Lewis hasn't played in 2 weeks and is 2/2 with 2 HR today. So maybe the Brewers are on to something...
  7. Twins look good early -- it's easy to cheer against the Blue Jays but I'm pulling extra hard for @Brock Beauchamp to finally see that playoff losing streak end.
  8. I know we're going to have some empty seats tonight but this crowd at Tropicana Field is really small for a playoff game. Maybe we shouldn't be doing playoff games on a weekday afternoon while school is in session?
  9. If we win this series, I think we ride the momentum to a deep postseason run. If we lose this series, the Counsell era is going to largely be remembered for regular season success and postseason failure.
  10. Given the latest news... Dbacks in 3 Phillies in 3 Jays in 2 Rays in 3
  11. And whenever we decide the run is over we'll blow it up and get a bunch of draft picks in return.
  12. I'm 100% convinced that Yadi made the last 4 Cards managers look like geniuses. It's tough to admit that because I don't like the guy, but their pitching results speak for themselves.
  13. It's huge as an acquisition and twice as huge to keep him away from the competition. Miami in particular.
  14. Other than correctly predicting that Winker would be a failure, my predictions were pretty awful. Although I still think Woodruff would have outperformed Burnes if he would have been healthy the whole year. At least I had us in a playoff spot (behind the Cards LOL). The bullpen has been much better than I expected, I underestimated our ability to cobble together some serviceable arms behind Williams.
  15. I am so pumped about this. Dame is going to come in hungry. No offense to Jrue but we’re adding a true superstar.
  16. https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/featured/common-sense-central/content/2023-09-26-exclusive-not-an-accident-brewers-owner-leading-as-relocation-committee/ I'm pretty sure Manfred would move the Yankees if he thought there was a better revenue opportunity elsewhere.
  17. It's a miracle that Miller Park got built at all. A lot of other ideas got thrown out there, but getting the ballpark at all, in the same location with the same set of parking lots, was a miracle. To get the entertainment district off the ground, someone needs to throw at least a couple hundred million at it, it's not going to happen organically. A new parking structure to replace the lost surface parking would probably run $50-100 million by itself. It's not going to happen. Running public transit to the current site would be even more expensive and wouldn't make sense unless Milwaukee is planning to build a light rail network, which is definitely not happening anytime soon. The Brewers have clearly done the math and decided that it's not only economically unfeasible for them, but that it's also politically unfeasible to even ask for pubic investment to get it off the ground. I also agree that the Brewers will want to move in the middle of the century and they don't want to be stuck in the valley with whatever stuff gets built around the stadium. I think they will want a downtown Milwaukee ballpark at that time. No other location makes more sense than their current one. Target Field is an interesting comparison. On one side is downtown, the basketball arena, and a vibrant entertainment district. On the other side is basically a bunch of highways and a dead zone (although there are some cool breweries along otherwise-deserted streets and they are currently expanding light rail in that direction). The closest Milwaukee equivalent would be to put it north of Fiserv on the old Park East parcels. I know it's too soon to talk about demolishing the current stadium, but it feels like we're going to be spending a ton of money to delay the inevitable. I wish they could find a way to spend like $100-200 million to get the clamshell through 2035 and spend the rest on a downtown stadium.
  18. I'm impressed at the balance they were able to get with the new rules. I was watching the A's/Mariners game last week and the A's seem to run recklessly -- they had two runners thrown out at 2nd in the same inning, Only a handful of really fast guys are racking up the big stolen base counts and it remains difficult to steal 3rd base.
  19. Stolen bases counts are similar to the '70s and '80s but obviously home runs were lower back then. It's the first time we've had high levels of both power+speed in the game at the same time and it's awesome.
  20. The coaches are the stars in college football and Coach Prime plays the part better than the rest of them. I love it. He’s probably going to get trounced by Oregon and USC…but if he wins one of those games or even plays them close the hype train is going to keep rolling.
  21. I suspect that the Brewers' logic on keeping the parking lots is correct. A big reason for the Brewers' high attendance numbers is the ease of access via highways from long distances. The Bucks surely draw more from Milwaukee itself and their entertainment district is within downtown. Building another district from scratch would be tough -- at the very least one would want to start with streetcar connectivity which would be quite expensive and largely pointless at the start. Really what would be needed is dense mixed-use residential buildings and I just don't know if the demand would be there when Milwaukee has a variety of established neighborhoods already. We'll see how this lease goes, in the 2040s it might be time to have the discussion about a downtown ballpark.
×
×
  • Create New...