Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Maybe we're just living in an Astros dynasty and everyone else is mediocre? They don't seem to have any problems with the postseason format. And they also seem to have figured out that regular season wins don't matter. Same for the Phillies perhaps. Didn't Castellanos admit last year that he doesn't try as hard in the regular season? It's increasingly likely that the World Series will be a rematch of last year. That doesn't seem like random luck.
  2. Thanks for the correction. We clearly would have had the advantage against the Dodgers although I doubt we could have matched this performance by Arizona.
  3. The Braves and Dodgers had a week to line up their rotations and this was the best they could do in game 4?
  4. There are no home field advantages in baseball. Except in Philadelphia apparently. 45,000 were all thinking the same thing and Harper delivered. Again.
  5. Then we would be giving him away to the competition for essentially nothing -- a straight up salary dump.
  6. The Boston Red Sox lead the AL East in October wins with 1.
  7. Rumors of the Astros' death have been greatly exaggerated.
  8. This isn't going to spread beyond what it currently is. Hamas did this to kill the Israel - Saudi peace deal. Israel will respond and then things will go back to the way they have been for seemingly forever. We already heavily support Israel so I don't know what can change there, presumably this will be used as an excuse to not fund Ukraine. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the US economy. I feel like I was too conservative in investing this year given that the S&P 500 is up 12% and it was only my retirement funds that really captured that. I only got the easy 4-5% in my short-term investments. However, I buy a decent amount of my company's stock and that is up 34% so overall I did fine. Curious how it's going for others -- what has worked and what hasn't this year?
  9. It was us in 2018. We had no business being one game from the World Series that year.
  10. The playoff field is never going to shrink, it’s only going to expand further if they make changes. Rangers over Orioles isn’t really an upset so I would argue the “favorites” are 3-3 so far. Too early to judge who will win the other series but does anyone actually want to see the other three higher seeds win besides their own fans? The easiest solution is to make the DS seven games.
  11. That first round bye is a disadvantage for everyone except the Astros who are apparently on another planet. The wild card winners are riding waves of momentum into the second round and five days off is an eternity for batters in particular.
  12. According to xwOBA we won the series, so I'm looking forward to our game tomorrow. (In other words, it was bad luck combined with some questionable managerial decisions)
  13. The roar of the crowd with the crack of the bat that immediately cuts to dead silence.
  14. Nothing will ever be as bad as how we went out in 2019 but it still freaking stinks. I'm not over it. I'll never take the run of success that we're having right now for granted, but part of the experience for me is chasing the joy that comes from postseason success and we came up empty. Taylor's line drive in game one could have been that moment until it wasn't. Rationally I know the silver linings are there and the future is bright but right now none of that really matters. This team didn't get it done and there's nothing else to do but try again next year.
  15. Yeah they will be right back here next year in the best-of-3 wild card with the pressure even higher because we apparently can’t win a postseason game anymore.
  16. The Brewers and Mariners are basically the same franchise. I need a third team to cheer for.
  17. Wow John Schneider is incredibly bad at managing in the postseason. This is the second straight year that he's made some very, very questionable pitching decisions.
  18. I had two takeaways from last year: 1. The road teams outperformed the home teams in the wild card round. 2. The wild card round winners had the advantage in the division series because of the momentum they carried over from winning a playoff series. This year is shaping up to be a little different but we know at least one lower seed is advancing already.
  19. Hahaha. A few weeks ago I was at an Angels-Mariners game where Brett Phillips was facing Andres Muñoz in a high leverage situation. I think it ended up being like an 8 or 9 pitch at-bat that was all 101 mph fastballs. Phillips knew what was coming and still didn't come close to squaring one up.
  20. Looks like no roster move. More Winker on the way.
  21. Personally I think Rowdy is the obvious choice but I recognize that everyone is going to have their opinion on who to pick off the ol' scrap heap for the last roster spot. Certainly he was the most likely of the "26th man" options to take Ginkel deep in that situation yesterday.
  22. I think we win today. The BABIP gods will shine down on us today.
  23. There's no doubt in my mind that parking lot usage is down significantly. I was in Wisconsin at the end of August and drove by during the Saturday night game against San Diego that was nearly sold out and the parking lots looked similar to those photos above. Maybe for Cubs games it is higher, I don't know, but it used to be a common thing for the lots to completely fill up, requiring them to park cars along the road to squeeze everybody in. Even the last time I was there in 2018 for the NLCS I wasn't able to purchase parking because I bought tickets at the last second and the lots were sold out. I'm sure the calculation for the Brewers is pretty straightforward -- they make more money by charging more and it's also better for traffic and the environment.
  24. Back in the day these lots would normally be full for a crowd of 40,000, but I noticed when I was in Milwaukee earlier this summer that the lots don't fill up as much as they did 10 or 15 years ago. I'm guessing Uber/Lyft is what changed???
×
×
  • Create New...