Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    19,011
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. Yah, this is honestly one of the only major things about streaming that bothers me. You just can't hit refresh crazy often on the IGT or just don't allow my dad to come over with his stupid sports app pinging every time someone scores in the game. I don't know how he watches a game on delay and still have his stupid app giving notifications. Regarding ATT TV, are you sure that wouldn't have a delay too? I only ask because it kind of seems like ATT TV is more like a streaming service using internet, so I would think it would have a long delay too. That is how it was with Hulu/YTTV before they dropped RSNs.
  2. Would be kind of annoying. I bought one of those cheaper TCLs for this reason because I wouldn't need to waste money on an Apple TV or similar. I think I would just buy a cheap Apple TV to bridge to gap at that point I suppose. Don't think I feel like switching to Hulu as YTTV has a better line up for my tastes. Have you checked out Sling? The single stream limitation for the orange channels would be a deal breaker, unfortunately. From my understanding I would likely run into problems trying to chuck 3 different games up onto three different TVs in my basement. Of course maybe a lot of the NFL carrying channels or march madness channels would be on the 'blue' side of sling. Regular season basketball/football for college would almost surely be a problem though. ...I know...first world problems.
  3. It isn't more expensive or even close in price in most cases. You don't need a special TV...but most smart TVs have streaming apps already on them, thus no need for an external source. Smart TVs are cheap anyway and non smart TVs are increasingly rare. Even if you need an external box (an Apple TV) it would be a one time cost and you can probably get one for under $100. Way better than the cable scam of making you pay $10+ a month to rent a box. People don't pay for multiple TV streaming services. People may have Netflix etc. too, but that is irrelevant. You either have YTTV/Hulu/etc. or cable/dish/etc. People with cable also juggle Netflix/Disney+ if they so choose.
  4. Would be kind of annoying. I bought one of those cheaper TCLs for this reason because I wouldn't need to waste money on an Apple TV or similar. I think I would just buy a cheap Apple TV to bridge to gap at that point I suppose. Don't think I feel like switching to Hulu as YTTV has a better line up for my tastes.
  5. if this is NOT bugging you, I would hate to see what is *casually moves to bugging you post*
  6. I hate anything that requires me to gather quotes or shop around. Trying to find the right mix of quality, customer service, and decent price seems impossible. I contacted a company for a concrete patio install and while they get good reviews the price was in line with including gold flakes in the concrete. Then I need to replace windows and suddenly get 3 calls a day from four different people at the same company to set up an in person quote. Why must it be so complicated?
  7. MrTPlush

    Pizza

    Tipo 00 is usually the flour people use. Part of it has to do with the glutens or proteins being able to hold up for such a long duration cold proof without "over proofing". It actually is doing something positive to the dough the entire time versus a normal flour that is probably doing more bad than good after 24 hours. Tipo 00 dough can sit in the fridge for a week plus and still be good when you pull it out. Of course when you start messing around cold proofing it is always good to get a pizza app that will calculate the necessary ingredients (like yeast) for the amount of time you are going to have it proofing. For 3+ days the amount of yeast needed is really minimal. I use Tipo 00 for my pizza oven because it holds up way better to 1000 degree temps better than normal flour for Neapolitan style. However, I have done 3-day cold proofs and then cooked in a normal oven on a pizza stone...results are still pretty stellar. I am not a flour expert by any means, so I just use what most tend to gravitate towards. The downside is the price, but I don't make crazy homemade pizza often. Some go the extra mile and get the fancy canned San Marzano tomato's from Italy...I just use my own homemade sauce. https://www.amazon.com/Antimo-Caputo-Chefs-Flour-Pounds/dp/B005HEEFN2/ref=asc_df_B005HEEFN2/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584207577357124&psc=1
  8. MrTPlush

    Pizza

    If you are going to proof dough in the fridge make sure to get proper flour. It is somewhat pointless to do it with normal flour for longer periods. I am sure it makes a difference, but if you are going through that kind of effort you might as well get a high quality flour and really make a difference in taste/texture. I do 3 day proofs, but you have to have dough meant for that long of proofing. It makes an absolutely incredible flavor though, highly recommend.
  9. Probably haven't gotten a steak at a restaurant since I was a teen. The steaks often aren't great quality for the crazy prices. I am also very technical with how I like it cooked and the seasoning. If I get a pricier item at a restaurant I usually gravitate to things I wouldn't be inclined to make at home. Like at Red Lobster I get this pasta with mussels/scallops/lobster tail in it (not that I have gone to Red Lobster in 5+ years). I am just not going to go buy all that to make myself...or lamb ribs or duck breast.
  10. For the same reason you pick up food/drinks/etc. anywhere else....convenience and not needing to spend $50+ for all the supplies. You could cook up your own steak for a fraction of the cost versus what Texas Roadhouse charges (and make it taste way better), but there is a reason the Texas Roadhouse parking lot is always loaded when I drive by. Why pay $3 for a soda from McDonalds when you could almost buy a 12 pack for that at the store? I wouldn't personally buy to-go cocktails, but I could see why someone might...especially if the place make some fancy bloody mary or old fashioned. Heck, people were getting to-go beer from bars at the start of the pandemic. People love convenience. They can get their beer and food in one stop.
  11. I thought they could, it just couldn't already be mixed. So it was basically a 'make your own cocktail' kit.
  12. MrTPlush

    Pizza

    Buy one of those TV dinners...it tastes pretty close even getting the soggy and chewy texture. What TV dinners are you talking about? I see someone said totinos below but I have had their pizza rolls and it's hard to believe it's not garbage. I loved school cafeteria pizza and can still remember the taste but never found anything like it. This is what I was thinking of. It always gave me that giant sheet pizza from school vibe. Not sure if they still make this style anymore as it has been a loooong time since I had one. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=TdRV3SVo&id=0A4F055A15883AE9661D1090D4C674D9B1090978&thid=OIP.TdRV3SVoSYDW62CdRml1FgHaFR&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fimages.wisegeek.com%2ffrozen-dinner-with-pizza-and-corn.jpg&exph=713&expw=1000&q=frozen+tv+dinner+pizza&simid=608051692827321774&ck=BFBC9B5B0008D68A9B088FABD6684670&selectedIndex=2&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0 On another note I had Sam's Pizza in Wausau the other day, top notch pizza. Saltine cracker type crust and the toppings (namely the sausage) was stellar...loved the sauce too. Easily the best I have ever had in the area. I should not be surprised though. Any place that looks like it is about to fall down and looks like it is in a dismal part of town always seems to have the best pizza. Wells Brothers in Racine gives the same vibe and has incredible pizza.
  13. MrTPlush

    Pizza

    I would eat 30 day old school pizza out of a dumpster before I would eat totinos. Totinos is the worst pizza ever.
  14. MrTPlush

    Pizza

    Buy one of those TV dinners...it tastes pretty close even getting the soggy and chewy texture.
  15. Isan Diaz was a Top 100 prospect at the time of that trade by at least one outlet (MLB.com) I believe. Baseball America had Monte Harrison in the 70s pre-2018. A lot of those lists get updated in February so at the time of the trade they weren't overly accurate at the time of the trade. They got three really solid prospects and an intriguing pitcher.
  16. Or that we would have actually kept them if the Yelich deal didn't happen. Good chance we just ship them off somewhere else...at least 1 or 2 of the bunch. Brinson seems like he would have been traded regardless. If they really thought highly of Brinson why did they trade him in the first place? He was an MLB ready 23 year old that absolutely obliterated AAA pitching. He played CF and had pretty good defense. At face value his potential was way higher than Yelich, could have been paid $500k, and didn't require shipping off three more players with him to get a career .800 OPS corner outfielder. They probably wouldn't admit it, but I am guessing the Brewers front office wasn't that high on Brinson if they shipped him off like that. Not saying they hated him and thought he was a future bust, but there is a reason they shipped him off with three other guys for what seemed like a fringe All Star at a less than premium position.
  17. I don't know that Monte Harrison was a lottery pick. He was coming off a huge breakout year before that trade happened. I would have to find a list that went beyond the Top 100, but that offseason I think he was a fringe Top 100 guy. Not only that, but he looked like a guy ready to fly up rankings after his 2017 season. If I recall correctly I also think he dealt with injuries early on. His breakout year was the first time he had 500 PAs.
  18. The utter failure of everyone in this trade for the Marlins is kind of incredible. Even Isan Diaz and Monte Harrison are getting pretty old. Both of those guys are going into their age 25 season. That is getting pretty old for guys that have been in pro ball their entire adult lives. It is a prove it year for all of those guys. If they can't be half competent this year they probably never will be.
  19. Housing inventory will warm up with the weather, but so will interested buyers too. If it is in a good location and is free of major problems they just don't last on the market pretty much anywhere in Wisconsin. For the reasons you mentioned I don't see the big foreclosure boom many see. They are really trying to help avoid that and even then...not like it will be nice family homes. More likely to be lower end housing that really isn't what is driving the market. Maybe some areas will have a foreclosure problem, but for the most part the housing market is dominated by people trying to buy a home during low interest rates or trying to take advantage of low rates and all their built up equity to upgrade homes. I saw an article that believed there could be a housing shortage of starter homes in the next 10-20 years as people buy them now, prices skyrocket, and then people won't want to move and have their mortgage rate go up 2%+.
  20. I calculated it out once. Compared Roth vs. Traditional using realistic investment growth and a reasonable tax rate increase (as in not going to doomsday normal person paying 45% like some think we will eventually head to). I wish I could remember where the break even point was for tax rate increase...but thus I do not. The way I calculated it out they ended up within a couple hundred thousand of each other, slight advantage to the Roth. The total account at the end was around $4mil so that couple hundred thousand difference wasn’t much in all honesty. As I said before I think Roth is a bit overrated and I do think people miss a lot of important details. People always seem to ignore that compound growth the traditional has on that untaxed money. It certainly is not a no brainer decision.
  21. I make my contributions Roth, but my employer match goes to traditional. I just think of it as diversifying between the two so whichever ends up the better in the end I am half good. Of course some day down the road I will start moving it all to traditional. I’m far off, but I envision my income staying about the same in retirement if not slightly more. So in my later years Roth really won’t make sense unless some tax hike looks obvious at the time.
  22. After Yamamoto’s debut many felt like we gave up this stud pitcher and finally a piece that went to the Marlins was going to haunt us a bit....and now he is the first one DFA’d by them I believe.
  23. I think you lose the pre tax advantage of the 401K....unless you are allowed to take it out pre tax and then invest it elsewhere but I am guessing that's not allowed. Are you maxing out a Roth? You are correct she would lose that opportunity at pre-tax retirement savings, but the intention was to put it in Roth regardless. So that potential benefit to the employer 401k isn’t applicable in her case. While I don’t think Roth is the slam dunk no brainer it is made out to be (depends on the persons goals/age/situation), she being so far off of retirement it is probably a safe bet to be the better scenario in the long run.
  24. The significant other is starting a new job that has a 401k, but any potential amount they put in on their part has nothing to do on what you put in. There is a .125% asset based admin fee and then whatever you invest in has a fee. The investment options sound limited too. Would she just be better off starting an account elsewhere? I know a bit about investments and retirement investing, but not sure the costs non employer sponsored plans have. Of course I’m not looking to go wild and have the ability to move funds around a bunch. Mostly just looking to let it sit in something that follows SP500/DOW as we aren’t close to retirement age.
  25. MrTPlush

    Pizza

    I usually have mushrooms that I add to frozen pizza. Fresh whole ones I cut. Big upgrade to a cheap frozen pizza.
×
×
  • Create New...