Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Jim French Stepstool

Verified Member
  • Posts

    6,157
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jim French Stepstool

  1. You're right. I've just always had a hard time differentiating between a knee-jerk reaction at the ballpark or watching at home, and actually typing some of this stuff out. Whatever🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.
  2. That was a deal for what's to come. They knew when they made the trade that he wasn't available for awhile. Maybe he pitches well, maybe not. But it's not like they were screwed into taking someone they didn't know was coming off an appendectomy. And May was the main piece.
  3. By the nature of the beast they probably always will. Popular feature on fan boards but not for everyone.
  4. Often seems that way but I thought he looked very good today. Two well-placed ground balls. He refused to walk Dubon which I was impressed by, even though Dubon snuck one through. Tomorrow will be interesting vs their lefty swingers if it's close. Don't know if they want to go back to Ashby, and I don't think Hall has worked back-to-back this year.
  5. They have some real work to do to accomplish one prediction; that they were going to be four games out of 1st heading into Chicago.
  6. Whatever you want to credit---Hook & Henderson, the poise, refusal to give in to hitters, the catchers----we've had two starts in a row where guys weren't at their very best but at the end of the day a combined 12 innings & one run allowed. In many ways that's even more impressive than when you're at the top of your game & getting chases. Can't say enough. It looked like Pratt & Lara had really confident days today as well, on both ends. Hall showed what he can do when he can get & stay ahead. Nice win all around.
  7. All sounds optimistic that it's (hopefully) a minimum IL stint. He'd be eligible to return on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.
  8. Certainly seems that a former college bat like Sabathia is punching under his weight class in low-A. I wonder if enough ABs would be available with the T-Rats if he got a small taste before the close of the season?
  9. One final blurb re Senzatela--I'll take a page out of @liveforoctober's book & say that I don't know if this was touched on earlier. Although the leadoff walk in the 8th was a no-no, he hasn't walked a ton of hitters this season & I still have more good than bad feelings re the guy. I thought Atlanta's hitters had a terrific approach vs him to generate the run, and yet if not for the errant throw from Turang they likely don't score. But you certainly can't walk Yaz to start things.
  10. Maybe half a dozen or so starts left for him & a lot can happen, but you certainly have to favor him if going by the "if the season ended today" argument. Despite a day when he didn't have his most dominant FB he still goes 6 shutout vs a team that can certainly score runs. When you think about how some of his secondary stuff has evolved------we may have seen a watershed moment in his development last week when he wiped out Ohtani & Freeman w/the bases loaded, and NOT with the FB. Hopefully NO Brewer fans are taking his work for granted. You can be a fan for a team for many years & never have someone like this to pull for.
  11. M's pitchers seemed to settle into a pretty effective MO of throwing heat at or near the top of the zone. Why they didn't do that with Mitchell is beyond me. But I'll take it 😁.
  12. Despite the high H per IP, it's the command that's bothered me the most lately re Gasser, and today was easily the low point. I think they'll stick with him for now & should. But Murphy certainly ran out of patience with him today, and rightfully so. For someone who's received so much love for his work behind the plate, I agree there has been some head-scratching re Contreras this year. I follow the farm, but I have to admit I didn't know Crow was on that kind of a heater lately. Maybe Bo Naylor is the key (semi-blue).
  13. Despite what Gasser did today, if they go to a 5-man I'd like to see Drohan in the pen simply because both he & Gasser have done some good things as starters but Drohan has relieved this year & seems pretty comfy with it. Once Romero makes it back & you combine him with Ashby from the left side, then maybe I'd lean Drohan starting over Gasser. Let's see what Gasser does from here on out. The command today was unusually bad.
  14. I like Crow, but nah. Really bad day for Gasser, but atypical of how he's pitched this year re command. If this becomes chronic, sure but I don't think there's evidence of that. Well under 1 BB per 3 innings coming into today.
  15. Well, yeah. Who in the history of the college game has had so many teammates?
  16. What was disappointing about yesterday was falling behind by a bunch early on a day when Gilbert didn't seem on top of his game. We took advantage to some extent but when you give up seven in the first two innings............. Mitchell had multiple good ABs for the first time in a while on Tuesday. Hope he can go today.
  17. Valid points. But a discrepancy has existed for awhile, fraud or no fraud. I WOULD like to know what the rev sharing #s would've been to some of the 'have nots' had this not occurred. As to a new owner yeah, it's hard to imagine moving forward without that happening.
  18. I watch Brock Rodden the last couple of days & I sort of see the type of player I hope Brady Ebel becomes. Except for the part about trying to make a throw from SS to Elm Grove.
  19. When you factor in the defense, it's hard to imagine how many games he's won for us the last couple of years. Having said that........I don't know if regression is the right word, but at the plate he DOES often leave you wishing for more. Sometimes his mindset at the plate in certain situations leaves me wanting. Like tonite. I don't remember the inning but it was still 7-2 or 7-3 & he was at the plate with no one on base and one out & chose to swing at a 3-1 pitch. Some might not agree, but if you're looking to come back in a game like this you need for the opposing pitcher to suck somewhat; to open the door. And Gilbert's command WAS off kilter tonite. For my money you take there. Instead it's a broken-bat groundout & Chourio follows with a base hit. Not a smart AB. It's not a bad debate re dealing him if for no other reason than there's talent throughout the organization on the INF. The return would have to be bulky, though.
  20. Yeah, that's obviously the lion's share of the reason for the loss. This kinda reminded me of Mays' first outing as a Brewer. Of course he didn't blow up that day like tonite but the command & location was just about as poor & the M's added some well-placed knocks & a couple of shots.
  21. Take away their 1st round pick next year---THAT'LL show 'em. I hate to be cynical about it, but this is one of the "helmet schools" of MLB, to borrow a college FB term. That, and the fact we're a 'slap on the wrist' society........OTOH the obvious financial edge they've enjoyed for so long, the market disparity-----the pressure to do something substantial might actually lead to something meaningful. Might.
  22. It's nice to see a potentially huge off-season issue combined with the age of their current roster. I documented it in another thread---some of their key players have a lot of hair on 'em.
×
×
  • Create New...