Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Game Thread (5/14/2022): Brewers (Lauer) at Marlins (Rogers) - 5:10 PM CDT


Recommended Posts

Verified Member

Let's keep scoring twice as many as the opposition!  Let's bury this division!

Brewers 3 1/2 games ahead of second-place St. Louey!  To all our opposition, I say, "Phooey!"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member

This umpire crew just absolutely sucks.  That was not a strike by any definition to Cain.  Should have been a man at 1st and 2nd with 1-out except it turns into a man at 1st with 2-outs.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
23 minutes ago, nate82 said:

This umpire crew just absolutely sucks.  That was not a strike by any definition to Cain.  Should have been a man at 1st and 2nd with 1-out except it turns into a man at 1st with 2-outs.  

Has anyone seen the UMP score card from last night yet?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member

Have to be in Oakland for a couple of days this week on business and was thinking about catching the twins versus the A's at the coliseum.  Not exactly a marquis game to see but it would be checked off the bucket list. Would much rather go see San Francisco play but they're out of town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, yourout said:

Have to be in Oakland for a couple of days this week on business and was thinking about catching the twins versus the A's at the coliseum.  Not exactly a marquis game to see but it would be checked off the bucket list. Would much rather go see San Francisco play but they're out of town.

There’s a good chance you can walk in & get great seats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
5 minutes ago, edfunderburk said:

There’s a good chance you can walk in & get great seats

 

9 minutes ago, yourout said:

Have to be in Oakland for a couple of days this week on business and was thinking about catching the twins versus the A's at the coliseum.  Not exactly a marquis game to see but it would be checked off the bucket list. Would much rather go see San Francisco play but they're out of town.

Bring your drums and drumsticks ... there is a lot of that going on at A's games, as I recall.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
6 minutes ago, nate82 said:

 

I really wonder how they calculate the runs differential because the 3 top "Impactful Missed Calls" are not needle movers at all.  Another silly stat that has no real correlation to real baseball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
Just now, NBBrewFan said:

I really wonder how they calculate the runs differential because the 3 top "Impactful Missed Calls" are not needle movers at all.  Another silly stat that has no real correlation to real baseball.

Getting someone on base with 0-outs is not a needle mover?  What?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member

Impact almost certainly is calculated using a method based on win probability change. The difference between a lead-off walk and a leadoff strikeout in the 8th inning of a tie game is even more noticeable in a low scoring game with few baserunners at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
3 minutes ago, treego14 said:

The Brewers need at least 3 today to win ... can they do it?

Perhaps, if we get Cain out of the lineup ... .188 ain't gonna' cut it!

The Brewers need at least 5 today to win ... is a miracle forthcoming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...