Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Marlins (Luzardo) vs Brewers (Woodruff): 9/11/23, 6:40pm


Brock Beauchamp
Posted
7 minutes ago, LouisEly said:

I didn't read or participate in Sunday's IGT, but if part of the angst over Chafin is what happened in the 13th inning yesterday, all I have to say is that putting him in the game with a runner on 2B, nobody out, 1B open, and Giancarlo Stanton at the plate isn't setting him up for success.  Why Stanton wasn't intentionally walked there is beyond me.

If he wasn't followed by three more RHH he might've been. Not that it wouldn't have been a good idea anyway.

According to CC the only RHP available was Vieira, so he went with the vet. But yeah, certainly not a situation they acquired him for.

  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
5 hours ago, RobertCrawley said:

There are bad spells, and then there are bad spells. Some of us amateur baseball fans were disturbed by his numbers when we signed him, but the internet baseball experts (the IBEs) corrected us.

I hope he figures things out at some point and gets going with his career, but that loss yesterday to the Yankees after Cy's gold-plated outing was a soul destroyer. 

 

I loved the Chafin deal.  I was wrong.

 

Please don't cut and paste all of it because I'm already 51 years old and I'd probably die before I could copy and paste all the stupid stuff I've read in game threads this year.

Posted
2 hours ago, RobertCrawley said:

Yep, and last year he hit .222, which sadly is as good or better than most of our roster. Some guys do play better out of the big lights of NYC. I guess we'll see.

Batting average is an extremely poor way to judge a hitter.

Posted
7 hours ago, Jake McKibbin said:

I agree... it's most likely an insurance policy if Monasterio goes down, and Black isn't ready. It makes sense but in the crucible of a playoff race, Monasterio is performing better. And to be fair, the stereo has an .800 OPS in September, he's performing.

Did I see "the Sterio"? Hmmm... definite nickname potential there: Defense from one speaker, Key hits from the other? Better than Monk or Monster maybe? Let's just hope we're arguing about the best cool nickname in the next few weeks!

Posted
50 minutes ago, LouisEly said:

I didn't read or participate in Sunday's IGT, but if part of the angst over Chafin is what happened in the 13th inning yesterday, all I have to say is that putting him in the game with a runner on 2B, nobody out, 1B open, and Giancarlo Stanton at the plate isn't setting him up for success.  Why Stanton wasn't intentionally walked there is beyond me.

They were up by 2 runs so putting the tying run on base would be questionable. 

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.
Posted
3 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Tie goes to the runner?

Only on the playground. 

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.
Posted
25 minutes ago, StearnsFTW said:

Batting average is an extremely poor way to judge a hitter.

Extremely poor? If you say so. But some of us old water buffaloes like to know how often a guy stands at the plate and gets a hit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...