Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Nationals (Corbin) vs Brewers (Woodruff): 9/17/23, 1:10pm


Brock Beauchamp
Posted
3 hours ago, willie key said:

I don’t think of it as 6.5 right now.    The cubs basically have 10 games to make up 3.5 games against us.    If they do that then they control their own destiny going into those last three games.    I would rather not get to that point.     We really don’t need to lose 5 or 6 of these 7 games this week.    
 

 

For sure, I don't disagree with that. Certainly the credo should be "Just keep winning".

  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
10 hours ago, BruisedCrew said:

Why? Teams do put together winning streaks of 10 games and longer. 
 

It really hurts to lose two games on consecutive Sundays where they wasted exceptional pitching performances because they can’t scratch out a run here or there, even when gifted a runner in second base to start the innings. And there was no Cole on the mound today. 

Trust me I get as frustrated as anybody, I just think they’ve played really well for the most part lately, and it’s hard to string together very long win streaks when on the best days your offense is average. They’ve won a lot of games lately. They’re trying to be very careful and stop overusing their A bullpen. If that’s the case I think they’re gonna lose occasionally but compared to earlier in the year I’m very happy with the way this teams playing.

Posted
2 hours ago, Sugarrayray said:

Trust me I get as frustrated as anybody, I just think they’ve played really well for the most part lately, and it’s hard to string together very long win streaks when on the best days your offense is average. They’ve won a lot of games lately. They’re trying to be very careful and stop overusing their A bullpen. If that’s the case I think they’re gonna lose occasionally but compared to earlier in the year I’m very happy with the way this teams playing.

I realize that the team is playing well. I also realize more than a lot of posters seem to that you can’t use the same relievers every game or even every other game. 
 

But when you are facing a pitcher with an ERA, over 5 and the relievers at the bottom of the bullpen pecking order do the job, that is a very disappointing loss. Especially this late in the season with an opportunity to wrap up the division with time to spare to set up the team for the playoffs. I’m not comforted by “you can’t win them all” or “they won the series” when playing against a relatively weak team. 

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...