Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    18,982
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. They probably wish there wasn’t parity so they could buy a Super Bowl. Or if you are referring to the comment about competing, winning a division, but having little chance…I don’t think they like that? I don’t think anyone does. That’s why I think losing advantages in international markets doesn’t matter much. If our goal as fans is the championship, losing our one marginal advantage to take MASSIVE advantages away from the Dodgers is very much worth it.
  2. Maybe so, but we are historically great at all the small market stuff…we can’t even sniff a World Series appearance. I guess if your enjoyment as a fan is competing, winning the division often, and have a chance equivalent of the Badgers basketball team winning March Madness then true parity would be bad. If we actually want a realistic chance to win it all, I think I’d rather look more like other sports leagues.
  3. There were definitely some people ready to ship off Henderson and sell high on him. Basically predicting him to have an injury laden career. I’m pretty sure it was said in the Skubal thread at one point. I recall calling it ‘pure insanity’. Given, I don’t know who said it…so it may not have been someone known for good takes.
  4. Well Skubal go the Dodgers may be the straw that broke the camels back to force parity and end runaway domination in the sport…so in a way, may have gotten what we needed out of this deadline.
  5. I don’t think Murphy was inferring that at all.
  6. It literally does not mean that at all, actually. You are grasping for straws. Just because you think our offer was clearly better, does not make it fact.
  7. Let me sum up how a trade for rentals gets perceived: Team trading rentals: I am happy, we might have gotten the next Mike Trout. (You have no reason to care about anything other than potential) Team trading for rentals: I am mad, he coulda been the next Mike Trout. (People hate trading for rentals, naturally) Unless you are trading for/away an All Star player, you are either mad you gave up more than a bag of balls or happy you got more than a bag of balls.
  8. Was funny when he wasn’t playing well. We wish we had a player like him on our team.
  9. So do we not think Arnold tried this? I’m guessing he did. I doubt our #1 target was May. Or even #2 or #3. I think we can debate if we gave up too much for May/Romero…but I don’t think it’s debatable that these were the best these prospects could acquire. A little bit more wasn’t magically acquiring a better starter
  10. Honest question, do you think we didn’t call on Mize first? And probably offered these same prospects? I feel like the Tigers would disagree with your assessment.
  11. Not a single one of their fans knew a single thing about either of these players before they searched “Brewers prospect rankings” I bet not a single fan could have named their position by player name. Why would I care about their opinion at that point?
  12. I can’t speak for all places and all people, but Fangraphs is being referenced here quite a bit for their high ranking of Frias. The lead prospect analyst at Fangraphs has zero years of experience evaluating talent for MLB teams. Certainly many of these people have experience and time to research prospects…and can talk to scouts and front office personnel…but I just feel their opinions get weighted much too highly and that reality of actual team evaluation may not always match it.
  13. I think it is more so a combination of what are these guys ranked by the ‘experts’ and people just fall in love with our own prospects because they are probably the only ones they even remotely follow/know anything about. I mean if we flipped it around and were acquiring these guys no one would know who they are and wouldn’t be nearly as excited. We would be searching for flaws most likely.
  14. Except it can and does work that way often times. If we have many OFers that are all comparable value wise, plus maybe one spot they could fit into…they very much so become more expendable than a pitcher or someone at a more premium position we aren’t as lucrative in. It isn’t like we have a ton of OF prospects and the MLB roster has no solidified people taking any of those spots up. Chourio is 100% in one of those spots. And for all the glazing of the Luis Lara contract, he now is very much so going to get every opportunity to play moving forward…for better or worse. We can sit here and bang the drum all day on how we should have held onto these guys to get the hitter we need etc., but it takes two to tango and a trade partner to even have said players for it to even matter. Let alone value these prospects like an armchair prospect evaluator on Fangraphs does. But really, the best explanation, the Brewers probably value these guys like they are worth a May and Romero. The Brewers probably don’t even view them as Top 100 prospects. The Brewers probably don’t check Fangraphs for trade values. To the Brewers, these guys are worth a couple rentals. People are upset because a few prospects lists tell them they should believe otherwise.
  15. Yah, at some point OFers were getting traded. That’s what happens when you develop well. I suppose being upset over some non-Top 10 organizational prospects is a good problem to have. And I’m sure we will trade away a few future starters in the OF. But I suppose that means we have some great ones patrolling our OF.
  16. A few things: 1) The way we value prospects or how a guy behind a screen at Baseball America values a prospect doesn’t equate to reality in a trade always. 2) We have two OF spots taken up by long term contracts. The uphill battle to even get a roster spot and full playing time is pretty steep. 3) There were, at minimum, two other players higher rated than them in the minor league system. And arguably those 2+ players are all closer to the MLB roster. I see clamoring to sell high on players around here, but usually only players anyone with a baseball IQ over 40 would know is at their peak value. Possible we just sold high on some prospects that had little chance to ever crack our MLB roster anyway. Clearly, the Brewers do not think that highly of Frias. I think I will just give them the benefit of the doubt even though it doesn’t thrill me at face value.
  17. It’s mutual, he would have to pick up his side. That’s the problem.
  18. If I got a dollar every time I heard ‘no one does this at this age’ or ‘youngest in the league’ I’d own the Brewers. Make no mistake, he is a Top 5 prospect…and would be in any year’s list. However, he is not some generational prospect. He isn’t getting traded though, so this argument is rather pointless.
  19. To be fair, on Skubal, it’s plausible many teams didn’t try to sell the farm to still be 10 pegs beneath the Dodgers. Easier for the Dodgers to pay up to the be even higher above everyone else.
  20. Right, again, just saying if someone looks at it from a non-Brewers fan POV, he isn’t THAT magically special. Many similar prospects before him and many will come after him. I’m not going to fault any Brewers fan for considering him untouchable because they don’t want to risk him becoming a superstar elsewhere. You could flip this around and most teams wouldn’t trade their stars or potential stars for Made. That’s just how it is.
  21. Not really. If you look at it from a non bias POV, there are definitely 24 players with more value. Id trade him in a heartbeat for any player with 4 years of control that has already proven to be very good/elite. Given, it would probably be a little tough if I considered the fact I would not personally trade him for a pitcher. Made is in AA. We can talk about his great potential, it isn’t anything earth shattering unique. You think Made is the first 5 tool player to exist? If Made was rocking a 80 FV like Wander Franco I could probably get behind him being a unique untradeable prospect. But currently, he is not.
  22. In the event of an entire season lockout, is that year’s contract basically ripped up? it doesn’t just push forward to 2028, right? So any player we are looking at controlled through 2027 may actually just be a rental. And knowing our tendency to trade players with a year left on their contract, Any player controlled through 2028 may not be of any multi-year use to us and their trade value if we were to try to trade them after a lock-out may be quite muddled. Even trading for controllable talent at this point seems like a huge risk.
  23. No, it is all of that collectively. It is called the last straw, not the only straw. But it is what it is. Hopefully the owners are willing to save the sport in the offseason. Will be interesting to see how many actually care to save competitiveness in the sport.
  24. Nah, you aren’t alone. Woke up this morning, saw the news, and canceled brewers.tv. I’ll watch if they are on somewhere free and follow along. Not paying money to anything MLB related till they fix the system. Assuming the Brewers don’t win it all, praying the Dodgers do. Worst thing would be some early exit and then owners just decide it’s not that big of a deal.
  25. It’s a shame we haven’t at least made a World Series because I feel like our sustained success is underrated in sports. Like, it’s historically great. The Brewers have only missed the postseason once since our first appearance in 2018. Even that year (2022) we won 86 games. The Brewers haven’t seen a sub .500 season (ignoring 2020 for obvious reasons) since 2016. I can’t think of another small market that has even come close to that. Maybe the Cardinals, but even they were nowhere near 8/9 postseason appearances in a 9 year stretch. They also are a notch about us on a market/payroll scale. Heck, most large markets fail the achieve that kind of sustained success. Mind you, I post this as our farm system and arguably the MLB roster are the strongest they have ever been in that stretch.
×
×
  • Create New...