MrTPlush
Verified Member-
Posts
19,011 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Events
News
2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking
Milwaukee Brewers Videos
2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project
2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by MrTPlush
-
Article: Brewers Add Four Players to 40-Man Roster
MrTPlush replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
I don't find Singleton being protected that shocking. He is pretty experienced, so some team nabbing him is at least plausible. With the universal DH there are a lot of 1B/DH/bench spots open these days. If they think he might be of use next year...why not protect him for the time being? Do we get bonus points for leaving the roster spot empty and not protecting him...not really. Not much to lose.- 120 replies
-
- brice turang
- abner uribe
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
You can try, but you will always be losing more than you are getting back…in the long run. If we trade Woodruff or Burnes, most of what we receive (if not all) will amount to nothing. The odds any of it becomes an All Star level talent I’d a huge order to fulfill. Very wasteful use of resources because we aren’t developing pitching. Unless you are referring to trading excess prospects of one side to get prospects of the other side…but that’s not really common or realistic, in my opinion. The one problem here is truly elite pitching prospects don’t seem to move in trades as often. Teams will ship out mega positional prospects all the time..,but rarely are teams wanting to give up pitching. We would be way better off developing pitching and trading Burnes/Woodruff for bats. If I had to guess, if either gets moved, it will be for bats and unlikely a pitching prospect heralded as a future frontline starter. Hopefully they can pick the right pitchers to compliment the bat that headlines any deal and maybe we can luck into finding another frontline starter. -
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
You can try, but you will always be losing more than you are getting back…in the long run. If we trade Woodruff or Burnes, most of what we receive (if not all) will amount to nothing. The odds any of it becomes an All Star level talent I’d a huge order to fulfill. Very wasteful use of resources because we aren’t developing pitching. Unless you are referring to trading excess prospects of one side to get prospects of the other side…but that’s not really common or realistic, in my opinion. The one problem here is truly elite pitching prospects don’t seem to move in trades as often. Teams will ship out mega positional prospects all the time..,but rarely are teams wanting to give up pitching. We would be way better off developing pitching and trading Burnes/Woodruff for bats. If I had to guess, if either gets moved, it will be for bats and unlikely a pitching prospect heralded as a future frontline starter. Hopefully they can pick the right pitchers to compliment the bat that headlines any deal and maybe we can luck into finding another frontline starter. -
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Used to develop hitting at will...then struck some gold with pitching, but now have zero hitters we developed. Looking at the minors now, it is heavily offensive and very very little for notable pitching. I suppose we can trade off Woody/Burnes for the pitching gap, but for perpetual contention you really should be doing pretty well developing both sides of the ball. -
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Or it totally destroys any chance of biting an apple for 2+ years. It is also more likely those prospects all fail to be anything meaningful in the grand scheme and don't really help a ton in biting apples in the future. If this was 2015 this would be a total no brainer...it isn't in 2022. Not saying they should hold onto him, but there are many more paths they could take than trading him. If they got a massive offer...like includes a borderline Top 10 prospect in baseball plus a lot more, I would send him on his way. If all we are getting offered is a prospect barely sitting in the Top 50 to headline the trade...I might just try to roll the dice one more year. -
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Or it totally destroys any chance of biting an apple for 2+ years. It is also more likely those prospects all fail to be anything meaningful in the grand scheme and don't really help a ton in biting apples in the future. If this was 2015 this would be a total no brainer...it isn't in 2022. Not saying they should hold onto him, but there are many more paths they could take than trading him. If they got a massive offer...like includes a borderline Top 10 prospect in baseball plus a lot more, I would send him on his way. If all we are getting offered is a prospect barely sitting in the Top 50 to headline the trade...I might just try to roll the dice one more year. -
Only $150,000 to put in my plane after I win the powerball....nice.
-
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
If Stearns was the GM, I would be 95% confident either Burnes or Woodruff hits the road out of town. Now that Arnold is the main guy and he will have a new conversation with ownership I am less confident. Attanasio is very fan-like and is one of those owners that legitimately would love to win a World Series. Attanasio has also been proven to be a bit reactionary and emotional over the years. Demanding things like FA signings and signing elite players to long term contracts. He certainly gave the reigns more to Stearns, but he still likely was the one forcing a Yelich extension. After trading Hader and watching the team/fanbase implode, I definitely could see them keeping everyone in tow and trying to make big moves. If I had to guess, I doubt Attanasio (whether Arnold wants to or not) lets one of the aces get traded, UNLESS it is like they tried to do with Fielder when he was near FA...acquire win-now talent in return. Since those trade don't exactly happen outside of MLB: The Show, I am guessing they both return. It would send a brutal message to the fanbase if they traded Hader, the 2022 season imploded, and then they started making it look like a fire sale this winter. -
Article: Is Brandon Woodruff a Brewers Trade Candidate?
MrTPlush replied to Nash Walker's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
If Stearns was the GM, I would be 95% confident either Burnes or Woodruff hits the road out of town. Now that Arnold is the main guy and he will have a new conversation with ownership I am less confident. Attanasio is very fan-like and is one of those owners that legitimately would love to win a World Series. Attanasio has also been proven to be a bit reactionary and emotional over the years. Demanding things like FA signings and signing elite players to long term contracts. He certainly gave the reigns more to Stearns, but he still likely was the one forcing a Yelich extension. After trading Hader and watching the team/fanbase implode, I definitely could see them keeping everyone in tow and trying to make big moves. If I had to guess, I doubt Attanasio (whether Arnold wants to or not) lets one of the aces get traded, UNLESS it is like they tried to do with Fielder when he was near FA...acquire win-now talent in return. Since those trade don't exactly happen outside of MLB: The Show, I am guessing they both return. It would send a brutal message to the fanbase if they traded Hader, the 2022 season imploded, and then they started making it look like a fire sale this winter. -
I think I will remember Stearns as a guy that turned around organizational philosophy on a lot of fronts and made them consistently relevant. However, I am betting I will look back and see a dude that totally wasted half a decade of having 2-3 aces in the rotation. Maybe in ten years one can look back and thank him for laying a foundation for winning a World Series. However, for the goal of winning a world series, I am confident he would have never won one no matter how long he stayed. The early years of competing were massively thanks to being gifted a great situation, great trade chips, and some good prospects that turned into great players. As the years went on he refused to make the team anything more than a WC contender. The cherry on the top being 2022 when he traded one of the most notable players at the deadline and at best tried making a division leading team tread water (in reality replaced Hader with total garbage). He made us a consistent contender, that is impressive. The fanbase is bored with that though...at the end of the day people want to see WS contenders. Stearns wasn't doing that and absolutely nothing he did the last few years gave me any confidence he would change us from a WC contender to WS contender again. Still the best lead guy in franchise history by a lot...and I do think the foundation he laid will be felt for years. It will be interesting to see how they approach all these good players approaching FA while they still can compete. So much of that Hader trade was the pure fact they trade a good player when they were competing, and they flat out didn't do anything to improve the team. To a lot of fans (casual or serious) it looked like they were arguably worse after the deadline. People are bitter and that is with declining attendance/interest as is. This fanbase has been supportive of many stars getting traded...but we were garbage when we did it. It didn't go over to well this time.
-
I think I will remember Stearns as a guy that turned around organizational philosophy on a lot of fronts and made them consistently relevant. However, I am betting I will look back and see a dude that totally wasted half a decade of having 2-3 aces in the rotation. Maybe in ten years one can look back and thank him for laying a foundation for winning a World Series. However, for the goal of winning a world series, I am confident he would have never won one no matter how long he stayed. The early years of competing were massively thanks to being gifted a great situation, great trade chips, and some good prospects that turned into great players. As the years went on he refused to make the team anything more than a WC contender. The cherry on the top being 2022 when he traded one of the most notable players at the deadline and at best tried making a division leading team tread water (in reality replaced Hader with total garbage). He made us a consistent contender, that is impressive. The fanbase is bored with that though...at the end of the day people want to see WS contenders. Stearns wasn't doing that and absolutely nothing he did the last few years gave me any confidence he would change us from a WC contender to WS contender again. Still the best lead guy in franchise history by a lot...and I do think the foundation he laid will be felt for years. It will be interesting to see how they approach all these good players approaching FA while they still can compete. So much of that Hader trade was the pure fact they trade a good player when they were competing, and they flat out didn't do anything to improve the team. To a lot of fans (casual or serious) it looked like they were arguably worse after the deadline. People are bitter and that is with declining attendance/interest as is. This fanbase has been supportive of many stars getting traded...but we were garbage when we did it. It didn't go over to well this time.
-
Maybe there isn't interest anymore? As it stands the Brewers PBO =/= Mets PBO, the Mets GM was the top guy for running player decisions when they had a PBO. Eppler led them to 101 wins...is Stearns really worth losing Eppler? I imagine Eppler would tell them to kick rocks and would leave if they hired Stearns to be PBO and handed him the reigns to run day to day player operations. Because #1 that is just downright insulting and #2 he would basically be getting demoted. Demoting your lead guy after leading your franchise to 101 wins seems comical. Sure seems like it makes things more complicated than they need to be. As they say, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I imagine Stearns is off to have a one-year vacation before going elsewhere...and if the Mets are really the mutual interest...but what if Eppler leads another 100+ win campaign? Would be interesting if a team went and tried to interview Eppler for a PBO job, see what the Mets do. The article explains why you are going to get essentially nothing in a trade. The rules force MLB to allow any team to purchase Stearn's contract. Off course that would set an ugly precedent...so they prefer teams to just work out some random trade so it looks mutual between the teams.
-
Maybe there isn't interest anymore? As it stands the Brewers PBO =/= Mets PBO, the Mets GM was the top guy for running player decisions when they had a PBO. Eppler led them to 101 wins...is Stearns really worth losing Eppler? I imagine Eppler would tell them to kick rocks and would leave if they hired Stearns to be PBO and handed him the reigns to run day to day player operations. Because #1 that is just downright insulting and #2 he would basically be getting demoted. Demoting your lead guy after leading your franchise to 101 wins seems comical. Sure seems like it makes things more complicated than they need to be. As they say, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I imagine Stearns is off to have a one-year vacation before going elsewhere...and if the Mets are really the mutual interest...but what if Eppler leads another 100+ win campaign? Would be interesting if a team went and tried to interview Eppler for a PBO job, see what the Mets do. The article explains why you are going to get essentially nothing in a trade. The rules force MLB to allow any team to purchase Stearn's contract. Off course that would set an ugly precedent...so they prefer teams to just work out some random trade so it looks mutual between the teams.
-
Does it have to play second fiddle though? Fully electric cars are arguably cheaper due to being cheaper than buying gas and the lower cost to maintain. The cost of the vehicles and their respective batteries should continue to go down...though frocing them to be made in the U.S. might make that more difficult. It just is woefully inconvenient at this point for most people. I could see that be fixed enough where electric vehicles could push for a market share around 50%. Solar energy seems like a cheaper alternative even in more northern climates. I ran the numbers and even for me I think I could save thousands over 20-30 years. My house and bill just aren't big enough for the risks involved. The companies installing and making the products are just so young at this point there is a ton of risk if either of those entities go out of business and you have problems. A 20-year warranty isn't much if the business is gone in 5 years. Reputable companies and higher quality/efficient products should continue to strengthen the solar sector though. 15 years from now I could see solar being a big player in the market. If families start adding 1-2 fully electric vehicles it will make their energy bill a lot bigger and solar might actually push their bill high enough to consider solar.
-
First you have to make alternative energy to be the cheaper option and convenient. Let's be honest, no one cares about helping the environment if it isn't saving them money...especially on expensive purchases. Spending money (extra than you would otherwise) to help the planet is a niche market. That or to have a status symbol, like a Tesla. I own a plug-in hybrid because it gives me 45mpg to work and 999mpg for most everything else. Whether or not it helps the environment is kind of just a bonus if it does that. I don't think EV/Hybrids/PHEVs are that expensive, but they are to someone who is considered true middle class or lower. Most of these vehicles are priced up around what a limited trim is. Most manufacturers aren't releasing true base models with hybrid+ capabilities. Of course, now that they fudged the tax credits that really just makes them pretty crappy priced across the board.
-
So where is the risk? The buyer is gone, so what? Buyers come and go. You could scare them off for life and it won't matter. If you don't care if you move or not...it really doesn't mean much. You just stay home, problem solved. The only issue I could see is if you sit your house on the market for 6 months not caring if you move and then all of a sudden you have to move for some unexpected reason. Then your house recently failed to sell for half a year in a hot market and it is going to make people assume there are a bunch of issues with it. Though, even then, I can't imagine it being a huge hurdle once your realtor explains it to prospective buyers agents. Real risk is buying a house while still owning one and the purchase isn't contingent on your current house selling. That is a true mess and I have seen it play out a few times around me the last few years. People think their house will easily sell for what they expect and something quirky about the house makes it difficult. The entire concept is kind of dumb though. The odds someone "makes you move" is just not likely at all and not worth the hassle. Not sure where such a thing would happen...but probably not Wisconsin.
-
I mean…no. If you have zero interest in moving why would you? You could offer me 20% over the value of my house and I wouldn’t sell it to you. Maybe for 50% over I might. I think ‘make me move’ is kind of dumb…not sure it really works nor is it anywhere near common. Not sure what it has to do with your comment though. You said it was risky in this market unless you had a place lined up already. I just don’t really think that is the case.
-
Smichaelis9’s 2023 Payroll Blueprint
MrTPlush replied to Spencer Michaelis's topic in Transaction Rumors & Proposals
I’d argue they could be more likely to trade their All Star catcher or their top prospect…if they were to trade anyone. Especially since Kirk isn’t even arby eligible. Really aren’t helping a top catching prospect forcing him to be a back up…and he has no clear path to starting as is even in that situation. Either be happy you have a star catcher pre arby already or trade him for a cargo ship return and take your chances in the young guy. Really…they should just go with Kirk and trade away the prospect. Imo He may be worth more than Narvaez, but at face value it isn’t that huge of a difference…and a far cry from commanding a Top 5 or so prospect. -
Smichaelis9’s 2023 Payroll Blueprint
MrTPlush replied to Spencer Michaelis's topic in Transaction Rumors & Proposals
I really doubt that. Omar Narvaez took our #24 prospect and a comp pick. Narvaez was just as good (in actual start PAs) and honestly a better track record. Jansen has an eye popping statline...but that was in only 200 ABs. That simply won't commany a top prospect. Irrelevant though. Great target if he was on a crummy team. However, he went to the postseason. Why on earth would the Jays trade him? I get he is the #2 guy...but I just don't see much motivation. -
Ha....yah, this list could be pretty epic next year. Or even more depressing because there are actually expectations and if they flop it will be real sad to look at. The 'shrug of the shoulders' effort down the stretch was pretty sad to watch. Live or die with real contributors blowing chunks is one thing...but Alexander. I mean, that seemed like prime opportunity to throw crap at the wall and figuring the alternative can't be any worse.
- 13 replies
-
- garrett mitchell
- peter strzelecki
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ha....yah, this list could be pretty epic next year. Or even more depressing because there are actually expectations and if they flop it will be real sad to look at. The 'shrug of the shoulders' effort down the stretch was pretty sad to watch. Live or die with real contributors blowing chunks is one thing...but Alexander. I mean, that seemed like prime opportunity to throw crap at the wall and figuring the alternative can't be any worse.
- 13 replies
-
- garrett mitchell
- peter strzelecki
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I wouldn't call it risky. You can get all the offers in the world and not have to accept them. If someone sends in a crazy good offer, you can then just go try to find a house at that point. Pretty much no realtor is going to contractually obligate you to accepting a list price+ offer. Though if you are going to go such a route it is best to let your realtor know so you don't tick them off and make them feel like they are wasting their time.
-
Probably not necessary to even list a second runner up. I mean that dude had a near -1 WAR…
- 13 replies
-
- garrett mitchell
- peter strzelecki
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Probably not necessary to even list a second runner up. I mean that dude had a near -1 WAR…
- 13 replies
-
- garrett mitchell
- peter strzelecki
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Luckily Sling is owned by Dish..,because Dish cannot simply lose ESPN and all the other Disney owned channels.

