Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    19,010
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. $200mil for a guy who strikes out almost 30% of the time and failed to manage a .300 OBP last year? A small market cannot afford to take that risk. I’d rather throw $50mil+ at Jackson Chourio.
  2. I’m not comparing it specifically to driving a car and hurting people. Simply that rosters are full of guys with criminal records playing in the league. Many of which have domestic violence and stuff like that. Also, he didn’t kill anyone. He was not behind the wheel, he didn’t hit the other driver off the road. The other vehicle crashed due to the poor driving decisions and extreme level intoxication of the other driver. If street racing another car left you subject to being responsible for the lives in the other vehicle I’m sure he would have gotten charged with it. Instead he got what he did, reckless driving and street racing. Also, I never said he didn’t commit a crime, I don’t know where you got that notion. Dude is an idiot, no doubt.
  3. Loads of guys make incredibly dumb and illegal decisions…many of which actually hurt people (directly themselves) and intentionally hurt them to boot. That was the point. Not that other guys are also involved in speed racing in Athens, Georgia the day after a championship parade with a 2021 ford expedition involved at 2am with a full moon reflecting off the windows onto the sidewalk. He directly wasn’t the one that killed anyone and didn’t have a .20 BAC while killing them. How much should he be responsible for someone else’s epically dumb decision? A team is rolling the dice drafting him, sure, but NFL rosters aren’t short on guys with criminal records…many of which include charges much worse than reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.
  4. I’d draft him. Not like this type of stuff doesn’t fit in with what loads of guys do every year in the NFL. Probably wouldn’t even get suspended.
  5. I think the Cardinals may have Washington beat. Treatment of Families : F Nutrition: F- Weight Room: F- Training Room: F- Locker Room: F The only things that received good grades were the staff and the travel. For staff it really isn't saying much as only 5 occasions in those two categories was a team a C+ or worse.
  6. The Rodgers saga is honestly just comical at this point. Every day is like three new ridiculous articles all with differing opinion. No matter how much Rodgers says they are all a bunch of garbage the entire world runs with each one like he is going to play for the Packers, be traded, and retire all during the 2023 season. *Rodgers has connecting flight through EWR* Media: "Rodgers trade to New York Jets is near completion!!!!"
  7. Nope, won't let you...not on Google. I believe there might have been a way to forget all the WiFis on each individual device, change the password, and then reconnect them without a factory reset. However, that really doesn't make it any more convenient in the grand scheme as I didn't have any custom settings to avoid resetting. Most of my smart lights are through a different 'hub', but it connects into the Google Home. Same deal though. Had to forget every single light and sensor to reconnect. No other way around it.
  8. I changed my WiFi password and every single smart device required me to totally reset it and go through the entire connection process like it was brand new. Every speaker, every bulb, the doorbell, the doorbell speakers. So much for being smart...
  9. First message might be...but once I sent an angry response to the very obvious bot text and then a real person responded with the second text.😅
  10. I am always somewhat surprised this is such an issue that the banks have no leniency on. If you say you are going to rent out your old house, you usually can use like 80% of that proposed income when buying your new house. Maybe they have more checks into what you are doing before approving the next loan...but I thought it was fairly straight forward. If they can trust you are actually going to rent out your house, can they really not trust that other people are going to sell their old house ASAP and want nothing to do with double mortgages? Especially if you have high equity in that house and in the worst case you will have plenty of wiggle room to sell without being in the red if you have to drop the price to sell.
  11. I would take Johnston if he dropped to us...but I find that pretty hard to imagine. I figure either a team in front of us takes him or some team will trade up to get him before #15 ever comes on the clock. I wouldn't draft Mayer at #15.
  12. Yah, and the statement really isn't accurate. Most in these generations of professional working age could probably not care less what people on social media think of them. Millennial/Gen Z grew up with social media...the comment is probably accurate through college, but after that these generations often dump social media...at least actively posting on it and sharing their lives.
  13. I mean this is clickbait..,and a different article had some quote where he said the Packers were convinced Love is the next coming of Rodgers or some comical statement. And the Packers would make Rodgers the backup if he insisted on returning? I mean…come on. if anyone watches the entire podcast, feel free to give us a breakdown. I’m not going to, because that is exactly what they are trying to do here…get clicks.
  14. The current makeup of the team aids to the patient approach. More pitches, more walks, higher OBP. I don’t know we would really benefit by reducing the other teams pitch count by being more aggressive.
  15. We must be talking about to work or something, right? If not, then no, I do not care about presenting myself and your opinion of how I look while grocery shopping. I will be comfortable and not hot...thank you very much.
  16. A few concerns: #1 He stole 19 bases last year despite 675 PAs. Bigger bases may help...but that helps everyone where 30 would just be his new 19. He could attempt more steals...but likely be less efficient in doing so. #2 Yelich has hit .250 the last two years. .310 seems pretty unrealistic. #3 Why do you think he can hit .310, but now he is going to walk half as much resulting in basically no OBP improvement? Now I am fine with a speedy Yelich...but he is also 30+ years old. If that is his bread and butter...it won't last long.
  17. Feels like we continued our strange not really trying to legit World Series contender...but also not doing the opposite. At face value I would give them a B-...but at the end of the year I am betting I will change that to a D- for not trading any of Adames/Burnes/Woodruff with 2 years of control left. We best be at minimum winning the division or making at least the NLCS. A wild card birth just to quickly be booted would be a waste of time with this talent.
  18. He was kinda fun to watch hammer bomb after bomb during a very poor year for the Brewers and after years of some pretty bad 1B play.
  19. Because they want food that isn’t deliverable by the place they are ordering food from. A lot of people use it in bigger cities because A) they don’t have time to pick it up themselves (like most people on a 30min lunch) and B) they don’t own a car. I think I have done it twice in my life, both of which in massive snowstorms. Once was because I wanted Sushi and the other time I wanted Pizza at a place doesn’t deliver themselves. Im more of a pickup person though. Only times I ever get delivery is in a massive snowstorm or if I just got home after a big road trip and getting back in my car is not happening. Even direct from a pizza place makes a $12 order quickly $10+ more. Either I am ordering pizza to be cheap or I might as well just go sit down to eat versus a fee+tip.
  20. Yeah, he would not be leaving camp if he had any real chance to make the OD roster.
  21. Yeah, he would not be leaving camp if he had any real chance to make the OD roster.
  22. I mean...yah, if it is a nice city with a great downtown atmosphere. Also helps, as you mentioned, if there is sweet public transit. You can go to a game in St. Louis zoom from the airport to the stadium, and never need a car....could probably fly from Wisconsin to St Louis, watch a game, and fly back all in the same day. Milwaukee isn't what those other cities are nor are the handful of cool things in Milwaukee anywhere near each other. If you could go plop an outdoor stadium on the lake and surround it with the good parts of Milwaukee....that would be pretty cool on paper (not that an outdoor stadium would sell many tickets). But like Fiserv? There isn't that much around it for being downtown and you would have to drive. Then hoping your window isn't smashed out or at least that your car is still there. I think the Brewers made the best decision in the city they are in and the crowd they have to attract.
  23. My reference to Gallardo had absolutely nothing to do with which was better or not. It was purely the fact both would give you stretches of dominance just to blow it with stretches of being garbage. Sheets put it together a few years…but most of his career was much like Gallardo, average to a bit above average.
  24. My reference to Gallardo had absolutely nothing to do with which was better or not. It was purely the fact both would give you stretches of dominance just to blow it with stretches of being garbage. Sheets put it together a few years…but most of his career was much like Gallardo, average to a bit above average.
×
×
  • Create New...