Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Patrick425

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,409
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Patrick425

  1. FS1 just showed a graphic on their pre-game that showed that Ruth had 62 HRs in 1927 and Maris had 62 HRs in 1961. Is this part of some recent revision of history that I'm unaware of? Edit: Never mind. I think this included postseason and I missed that detail. Ruth had two postseason HRs in 1927 and Maris had 1.
  2. Perhaps this was already mentioned here, but the Cubs have scored 3 runs or less in 13 straight playoff games dating back to 2017.
  3. I was at the game last night with my son and had to scroll through this thread to see the comments during the first 5 or 6 innings. The posts were pretty much what I expected and a lot of them pretty much matched our thoughts as we were watching the game. My message to a co-worker at 9:02pm "*** is Murphy doing? Is Priester hurt? We had a week off and this is our plan??!" My follow up message at 9:53 (less than an hour later): "Me stupid. Murphy smart." Also, my son recognized the umpire as Estabrook in the first inning. We were both concerned about that. When you recognize an umpire and know his name, that is not a good sign. Not sure how he earned his playoff spot, but at the very least should have never been given a home plate assignment.
  4. One of those topics where you are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. So pointless to go back and forth on it. Agree to disagree I guess. Go Brewers!
  5. I would also hope that if a game 4 and 5 are necessary, that it would be Peralta in game 4 and Priester in game 5. It would be normal rest for both of them. Anything other than that would be very frustrating to me. On top of that, Peralta pitching Thursday instead of Saturday would make him available by at least game 2 in the next series (instead of not being available until possibly game 3)
  6. I was at game 1 and will be there tomorrow as well. I didn't look at the game thread from Game 1, and I'm assuming some of this was discussed in that thread. - I've seen a lot of discussion back and forth about SSHs that choose to sell tickets to these games. Back in 2008 and 2011 I did sell tickets to a few games. I know that is a bit different than selling tix to playoff games vs the Cubs. However, I'm not going to totally fault any SSH that does this. The price of the entire strip is more than double the total cost of a 20 game SSH package. Everyone has different financial situations. Just because you are a SSH does not mean you are "rich". My situation is a bit better now than it was 10-15 years ago. My wife and I now a dual income empty-nesters. So, at this point we can swallow the cost of these tix a little better without having to subsidize the package by selling tix to some games. - Having said that, It appeared that the crowd was no more than 15% Cubs fans (20% at the most). As someone predicted in a different thread, post season games will not be as infiltrated with Cubs fans as much as regular season games for various reasons. This definitely seems to be the case.
  7. Good points. There are definitely arguments to be made to do this. In Murph we trust I guess!
  8. At this point its hard to argue with the probable 2 time manager of the year. However, I'm not sure I understand this. Priester has had an opener before, but for the most part he has just been starting games and the Brewers have had a lot of success in his starts. Why fix something that is not broken. Also, did not understand the comments at all about maybe Quintana starting tomorrow. I'm very glad that is not the case. Why would you "save" Priester for game 3? Let just focus on game 2 and set it up to put the Cubs backs to the wall down 2-0. If we don't win tomorrow, then basically the Cubs will have the home field advantage in what becomes a best of 3 series.
  9. Looks like they fixed the omission now in the schedule update, but still no times for game 2.
  10. Here is the MLB link with full information for all possible game times through Sunday. The frustrating thing is they don't show the Monday games at all (Game 2 of NLDS). I wonder if they know the game times for those games and possibly just forgot to include it in the update? https://www.mlb.com/news/2025-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule
  11. They just stated on the pre game that there were a ton of Brewers fans in the Arlington area today. So, that's what.....10-15 fans based on thier individual weights?
  12. You didn't know Steve Jobs was dead? You did hear the unfortunate news about Henry Ford, right? Sorry, couldn't resist. Just having a little fun.
  13. The first 11 would be Peralta, Priester, Quintana, Uribe, Misiorowski, Woodruff, Ashby, Megill (assume he will be healthy by then), Mears (although now on the IL - ugh), Myers, Zastrynzny. Last 2 would come from this pool based on health / availability at the time. Patrick / Anderson / Zastrysny / Gasser / Koenig Would prefer Gasser and Zastysny over Koenig if they are available when playoffs start (Gasser is playoff eligible, right?). I'm just not a fan of Koenig in close games or coming in with men on base. Although, I'll admit my mind is remembering more HBs and WPs than what his stats show. Just seems like every HB I have seen this year from him is when he has 2 strikes on the batter, men on base, and its a close game.
  14. I get that. But it would be more like icing your own kicker, up by three, with a minute left and also possibly running another 20 seconds off the clock if the challenge is successful. Anyways....great win. Great September day for the Brewers.
  15. Soooo, Koenig is going to close?! I don't think he should even be on the playoff roster.
  16. Did Rock comment that he likes the infield fly rule? Really Rock? I wasn't aware that there was any controversy surrounding that rule.
  17. Love the Dillard quote. Give the Brewers an inch and they'll take 90 feet. Tee shirt material.
  18. Durbin out for the 3rd straight game? I get the righty / lefty splits, but Siegler?
  19. If anyone has crow, feel free to send it my way. Would be more than happy to feast on it!
  20. Then play him every day like he was playing before he went on the IL. Especially when you already have other deficiencies in the line up with Chourio out and on defense with Turang out (and why is he out as well?). Pitchers are different than position players. They put a lot of stress on a specific part of their body with every pitch. Its a repetitive motion 60 - 100 times a game . They also don't skip their start when they come off the IL (so they are not effectively reducing the roster size). At the very least, I would hope Frelick is available off the bench today (unlike the game on the 27th).
  21. When they sat him on the 27th, they showed him in the dugout and it was clear he was not available at all. So, playing with less than a full roster. So, he plays tomorrow against a righty and possibly re-injures himself because he's not at 100%. He's either ready to play or he's not. Don't take him off the IL if he's not fully healthy.
  22. No, they also sat him on the 27th, the day he came off the IL. Which I really didn't understand.
  23. Yeah, not a fan of that. Prior to going on the IL, he was playing pretty much every day vs. righty or lefty. What they are basically saying is that he's not 100% but we took him off the IL anyway and are essentially playing with a less than 25 man roster.
  24. Is Frelick healthy or not? Why take a guy off the IL if he's not ready to play every day?
×
×
  • Create New...