Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Just Some Guy

Verified Member
  • Posts

    400
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Just Some Guy

  1. "The Brewers have been trying to clear that last hurdle ever since [1982]. And so here they are again, knocking on that proverbial championship door. When it opens, there's a good chance that they're going to see the familiar, unfriendly face worn by the Dodgers hegemony. Do the Brewers at last have the right formula to sweep that final obstacle aside? We won't know until we know. But one thing we can know for sure is that if the Brewers are finally able to pen that storybook ending, what a paradise it will be." https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/50093592/mlb-2026-playoffs-milwaukee-brewers-postseason-different
  2. Cool, cool. I tried to give away some tics for today on a last minute cancellation, but I couldn't find any takers. Now I've got to go but for anyone w/ SRO seats who'd rather sit, I know for sure there won't be any butts in seats 1-4, section 425, row 17, so have at them, if you like. LET'S GO WIN GAME TWO!!!!!!!
  3. Last night I was in section 215 which looks straight down the left field line. I had a perfect view of the would-be homerun -- better than any camera replay I've seen -- and before it hit the cable, that ball was hooking foul. Everything was so easy to see from where I was that me and the people around me couldn't understand all the confusion and delays. It would've been gone, but foul, and I'm not just guessing on that.
  4. Heh, I just looked out at the stadium and perhaps to nobody's surprise, the roof is open today.
  5. EDIT: I tried to give away tickets here but now I have to leave so I guess it didn't work out. If you've got SRO's and would rather sit, there won't be any butts in seats 1-4, section 425, row 17.
  6. Hey, Robert, are you in or near Milwaukee by chance today? I've got 4 (nosebleed) seats I got for my brother's family, to give away. My niece got sick so they're not going to use them. They're yours if you can use them
  7. Hey Ed, you're not near Milwaukee today, are you?
  8. I was sitting in section 215 last night and my line of sight was literally straight down the 3rd base line. I had the best angle in the world on Ty France's would-be HR -- better than any TV replay angle -- and it was definitely hooking foul. It was so obvious to everyone seated near me exactly what happened that we couldn't understand all the delays and confusion.
  9. Not important. You can buy parking at AmFam or pay online after the game.
  10. Heh,, the Dodgers taunted the Braves by playing their tomahawk chop music in the 9th. #Playoffs
  11. I would've included Naylor and dropped Harrison, but it's a defensible unit. I hope Harrison squares himself up and makes me look short sighted. Also, I held out hope I'd be named to the team, so my exclusion has me gutted. LFG!!!!!
  12. Congratulations to him and if that throws a wrench into the Padres' plans for tonight, so much the better.
  13. Just for the heck of it, I looked back at Miz's season. In 30 starts he was only on four days rest 4 times; he was on 5+ days rest the other 25 times. At some point his body's going to adjust to 5+ days as being the 'full rest' time period; maybe that's already happened. We're all used to thinking of 4 days off as full rest; I wonder if we're doing the baseball equivalent of fighting the last war.
  14. Now that's a BOLD prediction. I LIKE it!!!!
  15. Vignette from real life, 10 minutes ago. We're getting ready for Milwaukee. GF: "How do I look?" [she looks very cute, but she's wearing a Yelich jersey]. Me: "Oh, uh, this won't make any sense to you, but you can't wear that, not Yelich." GF: "Why, he's the best player, isn't he?" Me: [whoa, ok, slowly inhale. Forgive her Lord, she knows not what she says]. "Well, he used to be, for sure, but this year definitely not. In fact, overplaying him is a huge risk to our chances this year." GF: [with a bit of a pout on her face -- she does a VERY cute pout]. "But you bought this for me." Me: "True, but you also have that Garrett Mitchell jersey, the center fielder you like." [Problem Solved]. PS: Is it just me or do all girls look great in baseball hats?
  16. And if we can knock down the Padres in 4 or less; we'll have him fresh as a daisy for Dodgers game 1. That would open some doors.
  17. Interesting question: what is "full rest" anymore? I agree it used to be 4 days off, but these days almost all teams, including the Brewers, go with 5, or even 6 days off between starts. If 5's the new normal, is 4 now 'short rest'? Can anyone still be effective on 3 days rest, or is that now so far off starters' usual routines that's it's become functionally impossible? It makes a big difference. If 3 days rest is still a doable thing, then we could start Miz in games 1, 4 and 7 in an NLCS / WS. If it's not, we can only pitch him twice. Back in the day, starting an ace in games 1, 4 and 7 was standard operating procedure. Guys like Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling and John Smoltz did it routinely. In the 1967 WS, Bob Gibson pitched and won games 1, 4 and 7 -- all in complete games. But that was a long time ago. In today's baseball can we still get 3 Miz starts vs the Dodgers or Yankees/Rays?
  18. I like your approach here. If you decide $180 is too pricey for the section 103's you have your eye on, then you can buy Bob Uecker seats in the 400's for only about twenty bucks more than SRO's. I've sat up there before and they're not terrible; plus, like you say, if you don't like them you can just go walkabout as if you had SRO's. Picture from the Uecker type seats:
  19. I've never done SRO either, but I know what I'd try: all the seats out in right field are old school bleachers, not individual seats, so I'm not sure how or if they can police who or how many people are sitting there. I'd show up early, head out there and just kind of blend onto a bench. To see what I mean, you can click on any price in right field, then click a picture on the left and the upper left of your screen should give you a 360 degree view out there, including the bleachers themselves. If the prices don't populate right away, zoom in a bit. Good luck, my friend! https://www.tickpick.com/buy-national-league-division-series-milwaukee-brewers-vs-san-diego-padres-home-game-1-series-game-1-tickets-american-family-field-10-3-26-7pm/8173883/?c=SPORTS&cc=BASEBALL&gcc=Professional (MLB)
  20. Robbie Ray, interesting. Well, he's a lefty which should keep Yelich out of the lineup. FWIW, he's been hittable in Sept:
  21. Sounds like the Dodgers have chosen Skubal to start game 1 of the NLDS. Skubal, Yamamoto, Snell and Glasnow. It's like a 'best of the decade' all star team or something.
  22. PSA: Ticket prices for game 1 have declined over the last 36 hours. If anyone's interested: https://www.tickpick.com/buy-national-league-division-series-milwaukee-brewers-vs-san-diego-padres-home-game-1-series-game-1-tickets-american-family-field-10-3-26-7pm/8173883/?c=SPORTS&cc=BASEBALL&gcc=Professional (MLB) I mean, they're still pricey, but this is the cheapest they've been the last two weeks.
  23. Lol, yeah that's definitely the "we surrender game 1" approach.
×
×
  • Create New...