Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. I mean if you're going to let him rehab with us in '24 you may as well take a shot with a club option in '25. Otherwise you're just giving away free money next year with no incentive.
  2. Is there anyone else that just kind of would rather embrace a 2 year rebuild at this point? Get something for Burnes while you still can. Be patient with your young OFers. Maybe shop Yelich around to a contender if he's willing to waive his NTC. They've got a pretty decent foundation in place in the farm especially if they can add a little more to it if they just be a little patient.
  3. Here's the cold reality if you don't trust Woodruff to ever be effective again: You either make some pretty significant additions via FA/trade and maybe push the payroll to 140-150M and keep Burnes and try to really make a run next year, or you embrace a rebuild. I'd be happy with either of those things. But not a "run it back" approach.
  4. I mean they can try, I just don't know if he'd accept and if he doesn't, I don't know what the point would be of retaining him. Maybe you could offer him $12M next season with team options of $15M in 2025 and $20M in 2026 with buyouts of $3M and $5M to give us some incentive to keep him around and buy him at least 15-20M in guarantees if things don't work out.
  5. You're not DFAing him, you're just not offering him arbitration and making him a FA. Which he is going to be after next year anyway. So the alternative is literally just to pay him to do nothing next year and then become a free agent anyway. I don't know how that's better given our already limited resources.
  6. https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023/10/10/23911193/green-bay-packers-jordan-love-is-struggling-week-5-las-vegas-raiders?fbclid=IwAR0qYwHUOXnxS6BxpY4TVhYUd06RTxQsGdVuOs-gia1SRy0aNGcjJ6nacpo
  7. Why can't we ever be the weird 85-90ish win team that gets hot out of nowhere in October and suddenly can't lose?
  8. I didn't say Love looks bad since Week 1. I said as an entire team we seem to be regressing, not improving, since Week 1 which is the opposite of what you'd like to see from a young team. But, I wouldn't attribute all of Love's struggles to the offensive line. Monday was by far Love's worst game as a pro. I wouldn't say the offensive line was "good" by any means in Las Vegas but they were far better than they were in Detroit.
  9. I think a lot of us probably had unrealistic expectations and hopes for both the 2023 Packers and Jordan Love's trajectory after Week 1. With that said, the main thing you look for in a young team is steady, if not linear improvement. So it's a bit concerning to see us basically regress week to week from every week since Week 1. That feels like coaching.
  10. That's the benefit you earn when you don't require all your young presumed future QBs to spend 3 seasons holding a clipboard behind the incumbent starter.
  11. What is up with Jones?
  12. 3 wild cards, not 2...makes a big difference when you get down to the real marginal contenders.
  13. I'd disagree-- Dallas looks pretty likely to make it to me ....Pittsburgh sucks, but they lead their division, somehow. The Rams look pretty competent to me and got Kupp back. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs, but I could see 9-8 and a shot.
  14. I don't know who you want to see them play, but this is a pretty convincing dismantling. Yeah it's true that teams like the Eagles or Dolphins could potentially give them a fight-- that's just the NFL, too much parity to see a 20-0 team, I think. It's not like they've played the Broncos, Bears, Panthers and Cardinals to start the season. I don't think there's really any downplaying how good they look. It's true that who you look like in Week 5 isn't necessarily the same team as you'll see in January.
  15. As much as I hate the 49ers I have to envy what they've built as an organization because they are so far ahead of us (and most others) that it's really hard to even have any realistic Super Bowl aspirations anytime soon. You can pick apart a weakness on basically any team and they just do not have one. I guess all I can say is thank goodness they whiffed so badly on Trey Lance and gave up so much to get him because God only knows how they'd look if they hadn't done that.
  16. Remember last year when the Broncos sucked but at least they had a top defense? Yeah, about that....
  17. Should the Bills and Dolphins just be onside kicking after every time they score? Am I even joking?
  18. He's got "gets released and takes a sweetheart deal with the Jets to go play with Aaron in '24" written all over him. And he'll probably end up playing 15 games there, too.
  19. My overanalysis on yesterdays game after reflecting: Have to keep things in perspective a little bit and realize that 2-2 with some ups and down is about where I expected us to be right now. I don't have super high expectations from this season. Jordan looks like he could be the guy but he has a long way to go and they have a long way to go around him. He looks comfortable and decisive with a clean pocket, but when he has to improvise, it usually isn't pretty. On that note, it's clear they again shot their shot on Bahk's knee and are paying dearly for it. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...come on now, guys. Move on. It's a sunk cost now for this season, so you just make the best of it and get what you can out of him, but you have to go into this offseason with all intent to cut ties. Tackle will be right up there with safety on the draft priority list. I expect a mid 1st and a couple early to mid 2nd's, so they should be able to address some needs. The running game also isn't where it needs to be for this offense to be successful. It's pretty clear without a healthy Aaron Jones they just don't have any talent in the backfield. I can see the possibility of a 2nd round investment in a RB next spring, provided it isn't another A.J. Dillon. Obviously this horse is dead, but Joe Barry is so bad. You can win with Joe Barry, but it requires a perfectly executed game by a talented defense to do so. Having Jaire out is not ideal, but Barry does nothing schematically to improvise if he's shorthanded to try to put the starting 11 in the best possible position to succeed. This man has SIX ...again, a SIX season sample size of being an unsuccessful defensive coordinator. Beyond Barry, it was a pretty poorly coached game by the entire staff. Coming out completely flat two weeks in a row isn't a good look for MLF and his preparation, and this is not a pattern that just started showing up this year. Bicassia's units failed over and over again, there's no getting around it. Constant flags on special teams. Nixon costing us constant field position with poor kickoff return decisions. Walker not staying disciplined and committing a horrible penalty that iced the game. A near turnover on a botched punt return. The mistakes were numerous. We are not good enough to constantly give away yardage on the simple mental things that we can control. Two winnable games coming up against the Raiders and Broncos, so it's not unrealistic to think they could come out of them 4-2, but there's so much to clean up. I'd like to think they come off of the mini-bye against the Raiders well-prepared and executing well, but historical precedent with this staff tells me that that isn't necessarily going to be the case.
  20. Andddd he's going on IR. https://www.packers.com/news/packers-place-t-david-bakhtiari-on-injured-reserve-2023?game&fbclid=IwAR1BOn8SnTWXnVPrVV9CZ6t42_5RHnH1hxzYhSEk_qUkZcSa0hTTi-oe3rs
  21. I can't believe Broncos fans were duped into thinking that Sean Payton was going to just stroll into Denver and everything would be fine. Nothing about his track record suggested he was any more brilliant than another Mike McCarthy. The only difference between this year's Broncos and last year's is now they needed to hire a new DC and lost their continuity on defense. The Broncos are screwed. The only thing positive they can do is suck enough to get Caleb Williams, or at least Drake Maye.
  22. I could be wrong but I feel like Paul Allen was just raving about this guy in the off-season, like the Vikings just signed the prime of Reggie White.
  23. In many ways, they seem like the exact same Packers to me. That's both a blessing and a curse. High level QB who can make all the throws in a clean pocket but struggle against a consistent pass rush. An offense that can be so fluid and smooth at times and can be stagnant when they get conservative and go into clock management mode. A maddeningly inconsistent defense that looks like a bunch of playmakers flying around a lot of the time, and other times looks like they can't stop the worst teams in football. I can't put my finger around why Joe Barry is the problem- I'm not qualified to know the why - but this defense is consistently less than the sum of its parts, and there's only been one constant the last 3 years. It would be one thing if this was a guy who had had success everywhere he's been before-- I'd be more inclined to put the actual talent under the microscope - but that's not the case. I believe this defense has talent. A lot of it. I'd go as far as to say it's around the same talent level as the 2009 and 2010 Packers teams. The most important thing, as others have said, is that it appears that Jordan Love will be great at best, and competent at worst. Everything else we can address, but not having to go back to square one at QB like so many teams do is huge.
  24. As a Darrel Henderson owner last year and Cam Akers owner this year I have absolutely no trust in what Sean McVay is going to do at RB between now and the end of the season.
  25. For sure, agreed. I do mostly dynasty so I think I am more looking from that perspective as I think time is probably running short on the career of Cooper Kupp especially with the growing history of hamstring injuries.
×
×
  • Create New...