Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Man, if you think that play could have ended Aguilar’s career, I hope you never saw what Albert Belle did to Fernando Vina.
  2. And I don’t really have a huge problem with it (honestly, I don’t think Machado does either), but I’m just saying when he’s coming up to the plate my mind doesn’t go to: “wow, I can’t stand that guy,”
  3. I actually don’t even have that big of a problem with Machado, I think the hate toward him is a little over the top. Yeah, it was a dirty play, it was also 8 years ago, How many of us are the same person at 34 that we were at 26? Jesse Winker? Totally get it, I’m on board. Machado has acted nothing but humble and soft spoken in any recent interview I’ve seen.
  4. I don’t really understand the 3rd catcher stuff either. Why does starting Contreras preclude Sanchez from starting? If one gets hurt, whoever is not catching is just going to move to catcher. If both get hurt or one gets hurts after the other is removed from the game, you’re obviously in a big pickle but you can’t have a contingency for every possible apocalyptic scenario, such as running out of pitchers because a game went 18 innings and you kept Naylor instead of a 13th pitcher. Doesn’t seem like they are going to sit Yelich anyway even against lefties since Vaughn is no doubt ahead of Sanchez in the RHB pecking order and still rode the bench against Robbie Ray.
  5. I just don’t see it, I think they roll with 13 pitchers again. You’re going to want Harrison available for those lefty Dodger bats, And they value Hamilton too much for his bunting/baserunning. It’s just hard to envision a situation where they’d want to pinch hit Lockridge for any other bat in the lineup, even against a lefty. Maybe Frelick, but he’s been swinging a pretty good bat so I doubt it,
  6. I reckon you don’t associate with too many Cub fans.
  7. Fernando Tatis Jr.: “Just the level of baseball played was so intense, was so high. ... They play really good baseball, man. We have to give it to them. Nothing but to wish them luck and to stay healthy onto the other side.”
  8. I think if one things gives me some comfort it is that it would have been pretty hard for us to play worse defensively than we played in the NLDS, and we still won 3-1 and generally kept their offense quiet.
  9. My biggest thing about the “letters”… If we had one the first time we made the playoffs after Ueck passed, and then another when we win the WS, that would be amazing, inspiring, tear jerking, etc. When we’re on letter 3 or 4 now it’s more like “here we go again”, it just kind of loses the meaning that it’s supposed to have, to me. It’s whatever though, that’s just my opinion and it’s not a big deal to me. He would know better than I on what will connect with the clubhouse,
  10. Genuine question: why should we like our chances better than last year’s team that got sent packing quickly and didn’t look like they belonged on the same field with the Dodgers? I'm not saying we shouldn’t — I feel better about our chances this year than last, I just can’t really come up with any reason other than a better feeling about it than last year. I'm just struggling to substantiate why, because it’s largely the same rosters. So I wonder how others feel about it.
  11. I think the 2026 Padres were a better team than the 2025 Cubs that took us to 5 games.
  12. Yeah, I don’t see a spot for Naylor. There’s just not enough value to burn an entire postseason roster spot for an emergency 3rd catcher as an injury insurance policy for a pinch hitter. They carried two catchers without issue all year and PH Sanchez in the 9th the other day. I don’t think the lack of a 3rd catcher is going to be any factor at all if they see a spot for Sanchez to PH late. Agree on carrying 13 pitchers again, even if they’re not all needed. If this team is going to the World Series it’s because they had a pitching staff that was fresh and deep. Not because of anything they’re going to get out of Bo Naylor or Brandon Lockridge. Its a luxury, but a necessary one, that they are in a good position with their staff right now where they can afford to have anyone on a short leash.
  13. At this point I don’t know how you can trust him. If he has to pitch in the NLCS I’d prefer it be for an inning or two at the very most out of the pen against a righty heavy stretch of the lineup. He has shown to have good stuff in short spurts but similar to Sproat once he loses command things tend to unravel for him quickly. I don’t think you can count on getting any sort of length from him anymore even if things appear to be going well for a couple innings.
  14. I fully expect May on the roster, and fully realize we are going to keep trying with this guy til the bitter end, but he also hasn’t pitched competitively in some time. They’d get by just fine if they left him off. It doesn’t even have to be Woodruff. They’ll likely get just as many innings out of one or two Grant Anderson appearances in a 7 game series than they’ll get out of one May start.
  15. Why? They didn’t throw Patrick, Harrison or Drohan this entire series. It’s not like they couldn’t have eaten up May’s 3 innings between the 3 of them. And that was with none of our 4 starters really giving us any length.
  16. Any reason it should look any different than the NLDS? Any chance for Woodruff? Replace May?
  17. Well, they won in 4 last year. Not to say that’s going to happen again this year! But I can understand why the Dodgers have the benefit of the doubt right now, it’s up to us to change it.
  18. I am sure all the current Brewers are familiar with Uecker and his history here. With that said if it were me I’d probably retire the Uecker stuff after this season and just let the man rest in peace. By all means if we win a World Series you’re going to call back to his legacy. But we don’t need to keep doing it after every big win.
  19. Hell yeah!! okay I have to get up in 4 hours. That’s a wrap
  20. I thought so at first but on replay I thought he checked, Is that 1B ump the same one who completely screwed us at 3B in game 1?
  21. Just cannot get that big RISP hit. I can’t even tell you how much better 3 would feel than 2.
  22. In any event, you definitely do not want to leave it up to an umpire review. The ball was leaving the yard if Mitchell doesn’t get in front of it. If a fan catches it, it’s fair game if they’re not reaching over the wall.
  23. Dear God almighty. The fans even tried to get to it.
×
×
  • Create New...