Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Posted
17 minutes ago, BruisedCrew said:

Sometimes a veteran player who had a lackluster season will deliver the key blow in a playoff game. 

Enter Austin Riley. 

Or Christian Yelich?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Posted
34 minutes ago, tmwiese55 said:

I actually liked the strategy and it made a lot of sense. Have your best guy in for their top of the order.  And yet it still didn't work out.   5 straight outs.  then an infield hit, a barely hbp, boom HR

Yeah I agree. Thought it was smart strategy considering the state of the Phillies bullpen. Just didn't work out. Mattingly is getting roasted online but I'm sure the same people roasting him would have also roasted him if he went to Bowlan or Mayza in the 7th and they gave up runs. Such is the life of a manager with a bad bullpen.

  • Like 3
Posted
17 minutes ago, owbc said:

Cubs/Padres is only on NBCSN and Peacock???

What a joke. 

Yes.  Fortunately the Spectrum tv package we have up here in GB includes Peacock at no extra charge.  But down in FL we have have to pay extra for it cuz we have Xfinity down there.  Needless to say we don't bother with it there.

Posted
1 hour ago, owbc said:

Cubs/Padres is only on NBCSN and Peacock???

What a joke. 

Peacock is 9 bucks a month.   Just get it foe a month and cancel it?

 

Idk.

I get everything on the vsee box.

Posted

It’s weird……as we get near the end of the season…….knowing it will end in joy or sorrow…..I find myself already looking forward to next season……..also knowing that next season is in no way a certainty.

I don’t like endings…….like I said…..it’s weird. 🤷‍♂️

Posted

oh my, if/ a Brewer looks at strike 3 with two on and two out in the bottom of the 8th, I might lose my mind.

  • Like 1

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Verified Member
Posted
2 hours ago, owbc said:

Cubs/Padres is only on NBCSN and Peacock???

What a joke. 

Well, at least the Brewers will be on Fox this year, The fact they were on TBS / HBO for the Dodgers series last season really stunk.

  • Like 1
Posted

I really don't understand what Houston is doing with these pitching decisions. Why are they using their 8th and 9th inning relievers when losing by 4 and 3 runs when barring a miraculous comeback they will need to win the next two nights.

  • Like 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, wiguy94 said:

I really don't understand what Houston is doing with these pitching decisions. Why are they using their 8th and 9th inning relievers when losing by 4 and 3 runs when barring a miraculous comeback they will need to win the next two nights.

Decisions like those help explain why game 1 winners are 15-1 in WC series.

  • Like 2
Posted
10 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

oh my, if/ a Brewer looks at strike 3 with two on and two out in the bottom of the 8th, I might lose my mind.

And if they walked somebody in the 9th up by 3......

Posted

Taylor hadn't pitched more than 40 pitches in an appearance. He goes 54 over 2.1 in game one of the playoffs. Nice work!

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted

Venable with the sneaky vet move there to go out and complain about something to the ump getting Taylor who was clearly gassing out a bit of a breather.

Posted

On to game three! Go Sox! Hoping that Durbin, Monasterio, and even Jahmai Jones succeed on the team. If they do well, maybe Boston does another trade with the Brewers.

"Go ahead. Try to disagree with me. I dare you." Jeffrey Leonard.

Posted
1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said:

Schlittler's got a heckuva a curve.  Sir Charles, not just Uncle Charlie.

He's really dealing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...