Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

39Streak

Verified Member
  • Posts

    60
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by 39Streak

  1. In honor of this (probably true) statement, I want to ask everyone which is their favorite PCA moment: Exhibit 1: https://www.mlb.com/brewers/video/jackson-chourio-homers-off-a-101-4-mph-fastball Exhibit 2: https://www.mlb.com/brewers/video/edward-cabrera-in-play-run-s-to-david-hamilton
  2. Every friend I could talk to about the Packers off-season out East where I live heard the same thing from me: time to move on from LaFluer. He sucks.
  3. Bob Gasser, ladies and gentlemen, your #3 starter for the playoffs.
  4. Up close, wearing this hat. SOOOOOOO sick of people thinking it’s a FMichigan hat. Ohio State guys got after me saying O-H…. PNC Park is incredible.
  5. I am grateful for the ownership group! Made this place a winner!
  6. Hats off to Kyle Harrison! Great 2/3 of a season. We are not staring down 100 wins without him. Really grateful for so many great days with him on the mound.
  7. Terrible confluence of NIL, open transferring, and hiring a guy who thinks UW football should play like Alabama. What once was my sports priority in life is dead to me. And I was at Lambeau last week simply for the novelty of it. So grateful for the Brewers!
  8. Worth its own thread: there is no way in hell you trade Wild Bill going into his contract year. Yes, I understand and embrace how MKE maximizes talent. But this is a contender, with a contending staff next year. Bill needs to be here to manage that staff.
  9. The only reason to play Bunty at this point is occasional days off for Pratt or Ortiz.
  10. Good catch. That pitching staff isn’t going on the road to Philly and winning 2.
  11. That pitching staff isn’t winning a 5 game series with Philly.
  12. Optimism! I am always bullish on the Brewers because I am a homer fan. But this year is different. Last year, pitching was on fumes. Five inning Freddy (who I loved) was the ace. Today he’d be third or fourth. There are two guys at the top who are fantastic in Mis and Henderson. Then, I am not writing Harrison off yet, but really Gasser is pitching like a #3. Murph took a shot across the bow, but other than that low point, he’s been pretty good for months now. May/Harrison as a one two punch in the 4 a lot would be tough! Throw in a deep bullpen of guys who can go 2+ innings in Chad Pat, Drohan, Ashby, etc. back end looking good too. Megill is better than a year ago. So is Uribe. Pitching is much better. Chourio is healthy and on a bender. He’s a big moment guy. Love Ortiz/Pratt now. Turang is as good or better. Bauers is much better - guy really turned a corner last September in Pittsburgh. Mitchell, Lara, and Frelick are better manning RF and CF. Wild Bill is coming on. And finally: Yelich is really showing signs of life. Didn’t even mention Vaughn yet. There are options if Yeli can’t keep this going. Chourio LF Turang 2B Contraras C Bauers RF Yelich DH (or Vaughn) Lara RF Mitchell CF Ortiz 3B Pratt SS Only real adjustment is Vaughn 1B, Bauers RF. Or if Yeli struggles, Vaughn at DH. Options throughout LFG!!!!!
  13. Transactions: Sproat out. Crow in for a spot start. Then Stallings or Gordon. Sproat is going to have to have a big off-season. Miz, Hendo, Harrison, Gasser, Priester. Drohan are all in front of Sproat. And I would not be surprised at a vet like May coming in.
  14. I have to imagine, today is for Brandon Sproat out of the pen.
  15. The convo Smoltz was having about Paul Quantrill, someone should have pointed out that Paul was the last Wisconsin Badger to play in MLB
  16. Bases Loaded, up 7….get the bat off your shoulder and get Bryse Wilson some work, bro!
  17. Tough for Grant. He’s done his job. Hope he’s back soon. Use up Wilson for a bit. Rest Anderson a bit. And retool soon.
  18. Best of luck to Freddy! Nothing but love for that guy.
  19. Here is where I land on this. Milwaukee can win this, but they need players. I think they could use an infusion of offense, but don’t see where it comes from. Those CJ Abrams rumors don’t make a lot of sense to me when they commit to Pratt and Ortiz is playing like he is. Committing to Lara too is interesting. They need pitching to win. I think Skubal would be awesome. But expensive compared to this: go get Joe Ryan and Mason and have more than just this year as an immediate window. For me, all prospects except Made and Adamczewski are in play. And hesitant to trade Fischer. Only one of Quero/Dinges and one of Hardin/Letson. No Henderson. Open for business on Sproat, Crow, and Ashby (yes, Ashby). Even Gasser, but prefer not to trade him. Frelick is open for business too. With a two season window (the Ryan/Contraras window) you have time for recent draft picks and international signings to fill the farm back up. Get Ryan and Mason for some combination of: Pena, Jett, Frias, Letson/Hardin, Sproat, Crow, Ashby, Frelick, Quero/Dinges, and other lower ranked players to fill it out. I love Frelick. Guy can help San Diego and Minnesota rebuild. I love Ashby. But a fresh Hall, and adding Mason makes him a lucrative rotation or pen piece.
  20. Tigers need to google: Doyle Alexander Trade Brewers management isn’t 1980’s Tigers FO dumb.
  21. There is a part of me back when the trade hit that felt bad that when Milwaukee wins the World Series in October, that Freddy won’t be here for it. That part of me loves this trade. It’s the other part of me that knows it will take more than Freddy at the deadline to win the whole damn thing.
×
×
  • Create New...