Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Jim French Stepstool

Verified Member
  • Posts

    6,157
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jim French Stepstool

  1. But Vaughn came here & hit much better than he did in Chicago. With Rengifo I think it's simply a change of scenery thing, which you see all the time. Looking at his career numbers, he was never nearly as bad as he showed here. Neither was Seigler.
  2. I'm guessing Murphy knows that. But the guy who was more than good enough less than twelve months ago, how much of THAT guy might be buried somewhere among all the chasing, swinging through FBs & hitting rollover grounders to the right side? Anyone who says "not much if anything", it's hard to argue with the evidence. I speculated awhile back there will be a time that a decision is forced if his struggles continue. Looks like we're just about here, regarding the drop in the lineup anyway. IMO whatever is still there for him won't come out if the chasing doesn't cease. And it's not like he'll get better pitches to hit hitting 7th. I have no issue with dropping him but if he picks up his offense I don't think where he's hitting will be germane to it, unless he's feeling pressure hitting higher.
  3. At the time they needed a SS-3B replacement & I don't think they trusted him much on the defensive end. From what I understand that's been a rap on him for quite awhile. Shewmake was definitely better w/the glove, and they'll always value that, as they should. Now, if he was still here you COULD consider him if they gave Yelich a phantom IL stint. But that would've necessitated him still being in Nashville and I think you're right; at a certain point he & his mouthpiece wanted to move on.
  4. Oh geez.........If he picks up a couple of hits for San Fran, someone will have to be sacrificed😄.
  5. Can't wait for the latest breaking tweet----"Brewers drop Vogelbach from hitting staff; hire Claude."
  6. I think it definitely is bat speed with Yelich, and he realizes it. He's been hitting a lot of balls to the left side while mostly getting jammed on the pull side. So it looks like he's made the adjustment by trying to go oppo more often than not. The problem is like I said---he can get pitched inside effectively, and I think he's so locked into going the other way that it exacerbates the chasing on balls that are outside & off the plate. He also at times chases down & in. Why he's doing that I have no idea because it appears the days of getting the head out on that---even if it IS a strike---are mostly over. If you watch his ABs closely, if the chasing were somehow curtailed he'd probably have a decent enough OBP to at least still be leading off, which is probably the only place in the order where he might be of use.
  7. I don't even know if that's the reason why he's 'riding the pine'. That's an exaggeration anyway. Like I said, he played six games in a row & since then he's been playing like every other day. I also brought up reasons why he might not be out there every day. And whatever those reasons are, they're going to trump "Get him on the field!!!!! Yelich sucks!!!!!" (and BTW yeah, he has). I understand their trying to get Yelich going. At the same time I've probably been one of his biggest critics on here and no, I'm not confident he'll heat up. I'd be shocked & disappointed if Lara doesn't receive the opportunity to get on the field most days.
  8. If you're bunting for a base hit, that's a weapon & one that IMO gets a bad rap. I mean, the people after him NEED to heat up. If they don't you have little chance for sustained success anyway. Also.....what the hell? you didn't have a vehicle with an ample back seat?
  9. He played six games in a row & has played every other day since then. He's gotten opportunities, and I'm looking forward to him getting more which I'm sure he will. Look at Pratt. He came out smokin', seemed to hit a wall (offensively) & is now heating up again. There might be something Lara needs to adjust to, maybe swing path, maybe just video work on pitchers he's never seen before. Or something else. And like I said, it's not like he's been buried.
  10. I was actually talking about Sanchez for Yelich in his previous AB (the 7th?)
  11. RF-1B-DH he has four 'regulars', the three who filled those spots tonite plus Lara. Lara is the key to Yelich sitting more. Lara was getting a lot of run but is 1 for his last 12. I'm sure there's a process to his introduction to the bigs, and I'm certain it doesn't include "He has to play, because Yelich sucks!!!" And Yelich HAS sucked. I just hope Lara can catch fire & establish himself because when he's cookin' he fits really well with this offense. We'll see how it unfolds.
  12. Like I said, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying why it was done that way, and that it's done that way a lot, by many teams. Again, I'd have been fine with Sanchez there. The overall picture might've been clearer had he later sent Sanchez up for Yelich, but that obviously didn't happen.
  13. Who knows how he matures/develops? Me, I don't see him as someone you want to bring in with men on base, or even to start an inning in a close game. Either role, there's definitely some growing up to do. Toward that end, Murphy spoke volumes when he replaced him in the middle of an AB.
  14. I think if he has a future here it's as a starter. But continuing to run him out there every 5-6 games doesn't appear to be necessary anymore, not to mention productive. So I'm hoping to see him starting in Nashville. Stallings might go as well, due to unavailability for a few days.
  15. Pratt for Hamilton was simply a case of simplicity--he replaces Hamilton both as a hitter & defensively (with Ortiz moving to 3B). I think a lot of teams tend to do this now with shorter benches as opposed to years ago. Don't shoot the messenger; Sanchez would've been a good choice there. But I knew before it was even announced that it would be Pratt. I had no issue with Turang laying the ball down, but give yourself a better chance to beat it out of the box for a hit--a little less of a square-around. Or even try to drag it vs a relatively inexperienced 1B.
  16. It would be easy to blame Sproat for the loss, and largely accurate. But an awful lot on Wild Bill too, on both ends of the floor. It's frustrating when you get a clutch AB late (Davis vs Ashby) & their #9 hitter, despite being retired puts up a solid AB & hits one right on the screws. Then Yelich & Contreras basically get themselves out by chasing with a couple men on. And in the 9th, I guess a guy throwing 99-100 means you're supposed to chase breaking balls, even though there wasn't much evidence he was going to throw strikes with it. Most of the competitiveness today w/the bats came from the people a lot of folks wanted replaced--Hamilton & Ortiz. Thought Stallings would be the one to go with the additions. That's still a strong possibility since he went four innings, but we should definitely see him back. Fifty games left. Like I said earlier---Chourio, Mitchell, Yelich, Contreras, Vaughn. It's squarely on them. Yelich, everyone knows the failures there & it's up in the air as to what he can give you. The other four need to be better, and have been.
  17. "Just because everyone else jumps off a building, it doesn't mean that........ Ahhh, screw it.
  18. I heard nothing re complaints about it being hot, if there were then yes, just shut up. The other two are legit. Misiorowski is 6'7" AND gets unusual extension besides. I can certainly understand him having issues with a part of the mound that maybe no other pitchers ever need packed/groomed. I'm sure all of us have dealt with a time change. Combining that with sitting in an airport for five hours yeah, I can see how that might affect you.
  19. Post-season, perhaps not. I think these acquisitions today are mostly about trying to limit innings for an awfully young rotation while also spreading out the BP innings. Making moves at the deadline for that reason isn't very sexy but it can be quite important. That's not to say the price wasn't too high, though.
  20. This. Contreras, Chourio. You need to get something out of Yelich, whatever is left there. In the last 50 games & post-season, Mitchell needs to be something closer to what he was during his recent hot streak. And as he gets further from the hamate issue, Vaughn has to be something closer to what he was in '25. 'Adding a bat' wouldn't have made any difference if the above doesn't occur.
  21. What's the over/under on how many times in the next 8 weeks Sophia mentions that Dustin May took a no-hitter into the 8th inning vs the Brewers? Manfredi sort of gives me DL Hall vibes. I'm fine with giving up him & Martinez for Senzatela.
  22. Yeah, there's a glut regarding these two. But I'd have been much happier if they were able to deal from the 1B-3B glut (Adams, Boeve, Wilkin, Burke, Fischer, Bitonti). It takes two though. Boy, Ragsdales' stock has shot up quickly.
  23. I dunno. I'm going to wait until I hear from a more level-headed, experienced voice. When does Greg Amsinger come on the air?
  24. Rags, Adamczewski & Payne are all on sort of the same track AFA readiness (Payne maybe a bit behind) & I thought one of those three would go, sooner or later. Ragsdale really took quite a step forward this year, sorry to see him go but Adamczewski's ahead of him. Payne, we'll see. I was good with one of the three OFs (Anderson, Encarnacion & Frias) in Wilson going & predicted as much. Frias is the one I'd like to have kept though. This obviously helps the team in 2026, but it smells like they were beaten out of a few other things & felt the need to pull it. Getting both done in one deal helped it along I suppose, but It's a rough price for two rentals.
×
×
  • Create New...