Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Jim French Stepstool

Verified Member
  • Posts

    6,157
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jim French Stepstool

  1. I'll stick my neck out & say....................nuttin.
  2. Interesting that he replaces Lockridge rather than Ornelas. I think it's due to Lockridge needing the ABs in Nashville that he's just not getting here. He MIGHT have a limited role going forward if he can tone down the swing-and-miss issues on breaking balls, whereas getting Ornelas ABs isn't as important. That said, you would think Frelick is close & Ornelas would be the one to go at that time, unless Lara goes back until 9-1.
  3. You always like to have at least one or two "Guys the Opponent Loves to Hate" type players. Not due to an abrasive attitude or anything, just always making it tough for them to beat you. I think B Ebel might have some of that.
  4. I don't know if they historically do that or not. But if they do I would assume the 'better look' you get hitting R vs L or L vs R is then mitigated somewhat, and you WANT it to be mitigated because you have to wait what seems like forever for the ball to get to the plate. Also you don't have to concern yourself w/a breaking ball. Other than that, I dunno.
  5. We only scored thirteen vs 'real' pitchers. Rodriguez throwing the ball in the stands after the 2nd out padded our run total.
  6. Might not be able to pitch Sanchez tomorrow after using him in a blowout. Murphy doesn't know what he's doing.
  7. Oh, for sure. Regardless of how it was attained, when you're a young'un & you look at the box & see 3-6 with 4 ribbies it can definitely help. I just don't want him losing the plate discipline through all this because that can be an elite part of his game.
  8. Who had Laras' 1st big league HR being R vs R? What I liked was the performance from Mitchell & Hamilton w/the bats, Yelich going deep to RC after almost all of his hard hit balls lately going oppo, And after Joey Ortiz moved to 3B & turned in magnificent defense, going back to SS and being just as magnificent. Also Harrison continuing to look healthy, maybe not super-sharp but pretty good. As long as he & his catcher(s) can stay one step ahead of the hitters regarding use of the slurve he's very tough.
  9. A court in the state of California has issued a temporary restraining order granting Braeden Carrington & about 70 other players a fifth year of college eligibility. Nothing has been finalized as the NCAA is still fighting this, but it's another step forward for these athletes to receive another season. They'd technically be allowed to enter the transfer portal, but in the case of Carrington his actions this summer indicate that he wants to return to Madison if granted the extra year. Also, it warms my heart to learn that AJ Storr has committed to UNLV for his fifth program in as many years, and from what I've heard it's actually 8 or 9 different schools in as many years going back to his HS days.
  10. He's been on fire, no doubt. I just don't see a corresponding promotion for O'Rae though🤷‍♂️.
  11. I also didn't see this coming, what with his time/reps he's missed this season. It obviously clears the deck for Ebel, and perhaps they feel it's time for Made to receive a new challenge as his last eleven games have been a touch on the meh side.
  12. I've been thinking about this. Frelick played RF last night & made a terrific running catch in the gap; I assume he's throwing OK although I didn't see him have to really wind anything up. You certainly don't want Lara doing much sitting. They may decide he'll get enough ABs to keep him around, especially vs LHP. It would be a nice rotation having OFs share the DH spot except you-know-who is occupying much of the that role (in fairness, Yelich hit 4 or 5 balls hard this weekend). It could come down to whether they believe Lockridge can give them something vs lefties. Right now it looks like he has a better chance of winning Powerball than making contact with anything that isn't a fastball. I would guess Frelick definitely returns so it's not a case of him vs Lara, but Lockridge vs Lara. And I would hope & assume Lara's contract has nothing to do with any of this.
  13. Not something that I think will be a detriment to them yet this post season (would love to be wrong about that), but moving forward it's something that's brought up from time to time. Muncy is 35, Freeman 36. Miguel Rojas is 37. Betts & Teoscar Hernandez are 33. Kike' Hernandez is 34. Will Smith is 31, not old but he's returning from a long layoff.
  14. Non-inclusive nickname. How do you know that none of them are in Cudahy, St Francis or Racine?
  15. It more than likely makes no difference re the Brewers BP depth with Romero in the fold & Hall showing a little better command lately, but Jared Koenig had a pretty nice 9th inning in his first outing in a long time. I think he topped out around 96-97 & the command was much better. Can't have enough shuttle pieces.
  16. I always assumed Ebel was in Wilson to stay for '26. Are you just speculating? If he's promoted, Pena has been almost exclusively a SS this season. Do you think he'd slide somewhere else or just get a heavier dose of DH?
  17. The bold is oh so true, and the run prevention has an awful lot to do with that. For all the lamenting about not hitting in SD, the 3rd game is a win if not for 3 walks & the botched play on a routine bouncer in the 8th. Everyone wants to see the hitting pick up, but the other stuff being a constant is the backbone.
  18. Since the deadline, lots of moves by teams to try to improve their roster around the fringes. Just by Ornelas being a guy that can play a legitimate SS in addition to 2B & 3B, mission accomplished.
  19. Maybe things will at least ramp up a little. He's hit like 4 balls hard this weekend.🤷‍♂️.
  20. I would prefer..............neither lol. Right now Bae is here because Turang has to sit, Pratt is out, Shewmake declared instead of going to Nashville, Rengifo apparently refused to hit unless he played LF on the west coast, Vaughn has been at 3B & you need SOMEONE who can play a couple of different spots on the INF. I guess I'd give the nod there to Bae, but I totally understand your point. Hopefully Turang is playing today or tomorrow. It's tough because with only 4 position backups, a lot of teams will rotate the DH spot between different guys, or the primary DH will occasionally put on a glove. It's like the Brewers are in the mid 70s, where you have a DH who can't do much of anything else. Puts a strain on the flexability they crave.
  21. Basically, the glove & defensive range. As is he. When someone has decent minor league #s but doesn't get his first chance until a few months before age 26 that's often the reason when you can only have a 4-man bench. And he apparently was shakiest at 3B, which is where he would've had his best chance for PT here.
  22. It's actually an interesting scenario. When he is deemed ready to return, I suppose the popular choice to go down would be Lockridge. That leaves you pretty overloaded on the LHH side in the OF which is where they were before, except the switch hitter (Lara) is an improvement over Perkins. I imagine you would then see a heavy dose of Bauers in RF vs LHP with Vaughn at 1B & Sanchez DHing. I know there was some speculation about Lara going back to AAA but IMO that would be a mistake.
  23. Pitchers like Misiorowski historically have given up HRs from time to time. The key is giving them up w/no one on base, which he's built to do since his walks have been few & far between recently. The LAST thing he needs to do is feel like he needs to go out & pitch a shutout or think he needs to be perfect because the offense is struggling. I'm also hoping against hope for better decisions from, of all people, the director of these telecasts. I'm old-school, and before the ball is delivered I like to see if the pitcher is varying his pace, aware (or over-aware) of a baserunner, or shaking off the catcher. I also like to see where the catcher is setting up. Instead I get a shot of the pitcher just as he's releasing the pitch (or even slightly after) because I was forced to watch a HR replay from two days ago. Or last night, it was Clayton Kershaw sitting in the stands w/one of his kids. I'm not even sure if this is an old man rant because I felt the same way years ago.
  24. Caught that. Maybe he says nothing if he thought people in Wisconsin were still awake lol. Apparently he was convinced Muncy was swinging regardless of where the pitch was, and thinking through it he might be right.
×
×
  • Create New...