Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

ImissDougMelvin

Verified Member
  • Posts

    137
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by ImissDougMelvin

  1. Cubs, though I hate the thought of them eliminating the Brewers, but i want NO part of the Padres with the way they are playing and that bullpen. Nope, no thanks.
  2. In a perfect world, the Crew somehow wins 2 of three in this series, the Dodgers lose two of three to the Padres, Brewers wrap up everything before the weekend and can do whatever the hell they want against the Cardinals then.
  3. I never said that either. But I'm not good with Gasser I know that. Every freaking pitch he throws I feel like it's ripe to get hit out and at the absolute worst times too. It's not like he's lock down or anything(Though I'd love for him to prove me wrong). That's who I really wish they had for a game #3 starter, a lock down guy.
  4. Yep, I wouldn't trust him either. He really fell off towards the end of the year.
  5. Remember Gasser in last year's playoffs? If he's the game three starter and the Brewers are up 2-0 that series is going at least to a 4th game. Look, I'm not here to defend May by any stretch, but I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with Gasser starting a game either. I'd rather start DL Hall, or Ashby.
  6. So you think Miz and Henderson will only go 4-5 innings? I'd take Huge odds they will go deeper than that. What say you?
  7. My freaking point is, by the time you get to the bullpen with him, you are likely already down 3 or 4 to nothing(after 3) and at that point you are just wasting the bullpen.
  8. I'm not so sure the Dodgers from last year would agree with that, do you?
  9. Sure he hasn't been good, but he can at least miss bats. Gasser, not so much. He literally has to be PERFECT with almost every pitch he throws. You can't live like that, especially the playoffs.
  10. You also don't want your starters getting shelled(and he probably would). You also don't want to be using 3-4 bullpen arms every game either.
  11. That's so gross. He has never given me confidence. He's a soft tosser, that's fine against lefties I suppose, but not against righties. He will cruise and then gives up a bomb at the worst time. He's a one time thru the order pitcher. That's not going to cut it. Imagine a 5 game series, Brewers win the first two, and then Gasser takes the hill to try for the sweep. Yeah I pretty much know how that's going to turn out..great thru 3 innings. In the 4th a Walk, a base hit, a bomb...ballgame, see you in game 4.
  12. Who the hell else should it be? There are no good options.
  13. Nope!! I can keep teaching you things if you want, but I at least hope you'll now understand that challenges do NOT cost ballgames(that doesn't take away from them being dumb challenges). How about this? How about the ump not miss obvious strikes and it's irrelevant anyway.
  14. I'm right here, and it did NOT cost them the game. That would have only been two outs, Kelly still doubles next AB and it scores 1 instead of two. Brewers still trailing ta that point. Any questions?
  15. Think I'd almost rather have Romero or Hall facing PCA here. I don't like the feeling I'm getting with Ashby in this spot.
  16. I just don't get why so many here fawn all over Lara. Defensively? Absolutely. Offensively? Not so much and has absolutely ZERO pop in his bat. He's not really any different then Frelick in that regard.
  17. You notice the Cubs pussed out and didn't start Shota against the Crew in either series.
  18. Patrick is not the guy I would have brought in here. Worried it's pouring gas on the fire
  19. Sure the hitting sucks, but Bobby Gas always seems to give up a bomb every game, no matter how well he's pitching. And then as always after a bomb he kind of loses it. I just don't like him, he makes me nervous every single time he pitches. He doesn't have any great "out" pitches and gets out with voodoo magic
  20. And there it is...a bomb given up by Gasser. Like death and taxes
  21. It doesn't have to be all the time. I never said that, but years when you think you really have a chance are the years they should strike. I'd argue they actually didn't do enough at the deadline this year, nor did they last year, and then we wonder why they can never get over the hump. If they did more, would it be guaranteed? of course not, nothing is, but it's better than not doing anything and thinking the same thing will work "one of these years". Hope is not and never has been a strategy. Unfortunately it's one the brewers have used more often than not. As far as the Micah trade, the point is, yes you gave up two 1st round picks, but so what? How do we now what those players will ever become, and I'd say there's a very good/great chance they will never be anywhere as good as Micah is and will be. It's no different trhan trading "prospects" no one know what they will ever become. Anytime you can trade unproven talent for proven major league talent, you do that 100x out of 100 in years when it makes sense.
  22. Question for those that are criticizing the trades...Would Ragsdale and Frias have helped THIS years team? Of course not. People here fall way to in love with prospects. That's all they are with a slim chance of ever playing in the big leagues. I have always been a "win now" guy, regardless of sport, so if it means trading the future to acquire some win now players, even if it doesn't end up working, it's still the right move. I'd rather they try and fail then not to try at all. I mean Micah Parsons got hurt last year but would anyone rather have the two 1st round picks back? I imagine there are some ppl that hated giving up that much 🤨, but it was a win now move, regardless of how it ever ends up working out, it was the right move 100%.
  23. Actually for me anyway, the biggest mistake he made, and I would have said this even before the season, and told ppl they should have signed Murakami. Look how cheap he signed for with the White Sox, and how good would his bat look in the LU. Now ppl may ask where would he play? You figure it out.
  24. I don't necessarily disagree with this, but right or wrong, he is in the lineup today and I guess my question is, if he wasn't(we'll assume Lara would be instead), is their a GUARANTEE the outcome would have been different?
×
×
  • Create New...