Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

Here is some of the latest Brewers analysis and history from around the internet. The Brewers' 100-win milestone, Andrew Fischer's record-breaking season, their small-market success model, and the legacy of their Double-A team's historic 2026 campaign.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I saw the article about the Reds. 

I would like to see Murph really embrace this style of play this year when interacting with the media.  I don't recall the specific quote from last year, but recall cringing at the time when he was asked about being an "underdog".  I think he needs to sell his team on it, if they are to have a shot at winning the WS.

Posted
20 hours ago, thammondwis said:

I saw the article about the Reds. 

I would like to see Murph really embrace this style of play this year when interacting with the media.  I don't recall the specific quote from last year, but recall cringing at the time when he was asked about being an "underdog".  I think he needs to sell his team on it, if they are to have a shot at winning the WS.

I believe Murphy does that so the players don’t get too full of themselves.  Clawing and fighting to get to the top of the mountain is more motivating than having the press and fans say you arrived.  
Now, he can point out how Fangraphs has the Dodgers at a 30%of winning the World Series.  

Posted
50 minutes ago, Frisbee Slider said:

What is FanGraphs looking at to make its conclusion? Not entirely 2026 regular season performance.

I guess FanGraphs always views Milwaukee as an 83 win team? 🤷‍♂️

Projected standings just need to be ignored completely from every outlet.  Outside of outsider teams like the Dodgers (good) and Rockies and Angels (bad) they basically group every other team in the 80-88 win range.  How often is there only one 90 win team and a couple of 90 loss teams?  Never.  2025 had the NL Central teams projected to win between 78.3 and 83.2 wins.  Technically possible but what are the odds that 5 teams are within 5 games of each other after 162 games?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...