Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Samurai Bucky

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,598
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Samurai Bucky

  1. I'll throw the Jesse Winker at bat your way... 😉 My point, a manager still has to establish some type of foundation. Of course the players have to execute. Counsell's clubhouse is much different than Murphy's clubhouse.
  2. Here are the details of the Brewers' and Ashby's contracts: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIL/milwaukee-brewers-salaries-and-contracts.shtml
  3. Here is his shorter video: We joke around on how many times in his videos he uses the following words: Pathetic Awful Freaking LOL
  4. I exited out of the Yankee game and scrolled over to the Cubs/Padres game. That was on the Peacock app, though.
  5. Great article, for sure! It seems like there are two pitches that cause every Brewers hitter to struggle. The first is the changeup. I don't have any data, but the chase rate against a good changeup pitcher is the kryptonite for all of the Brewers hitters. The second is a slider low and away. A sweeper might be in the same realm. Most times this seems to be a pitch outside of the zone. No data, unfortunately. Just an observation.
  6. We were at the Brewers game and some of the fans around us were keeping an eye on the score, too. It was cool when they showed the score and played jump around. TBH, I think only half of the crowd cared... 😄 Going to the game this Saturday. Hopefully there will be a better turnout than the last home game. It is homecoming after all.
  7. Not weird... not embarrassing. Perhaps other sports should take off the C and A off of their sweaters? As was mentioned on some postgame reports -- Bob Uecker was the "captain" of the club. Many people, from the principal owner to the bullpen catcher, would have conversations with him. Uecker would provide silly banter, or constructive criticism. Why do I bring up Uecker? If you have the opportunity to watch the Ueck Movie, there is a point that many people may not have picked up on. When Uecker knew he had cancer, he told Yelich. He was still mic'ed up, but probably didn't know that the camera was rolling. He said to Yelich something like, "... and you are the only one [here] that knows." That was the passing on of the torch from Uecker to Yelich. Yelich is not going to have the same reputation as Uecker (obviously), but the torch was passed. When Uecker died, Yelich took it seriously. He felt the responsibility of carrying on the legacy of Ueck. That is no more evident than Yelich making sure the greatest Brewer, Robin Yount, gave his blessing. Can we as fans understand that? No. Do we really think the Brewers give two hoots about if the fans care about this? I would say not. Is it not traditional? Absolutely. If that is where the discussion goes, then I agree. There is something different with this team. We hear about camaraderie and brotherhood. I trust that they know what it is like in the clubhouse better than me or (most likely) every other person on this board. Enjoy the ride.
  8. I believe Murphy does that so the players don’t get too full of themselves. Clawing and fighting to get to the top of the mountain is more motivating than having the press and fans say you arrived. Now, he can point out how Fangraphs has the Dodgers at a 30%of winning the World Series.
  9. When I saw Gasser pitching last night, it reminded me of Bob McClure during the 1982 postseason. I’m not sure too many people outside of Milwaukee knew about McClure and when he came in, his mix of pitches along with his plus curveball made him extremely effective. Hopefully Gasser will have the same success.
  10. The Brewers FO plays 4D chess while most on BF.com play 3D chess.
  11. Not sure who the director is on this broadcast. I think we missed three pitches in the last half inning.
  12. The IGT would complain if there is a flavor At Oscar’s they someone doesn’t like. IMHO, he is not reliable now.
  13. It looked like the breaking balls low in the zone were missing the target. If Harrison could get back to where he was at the beginning of the year, that would be awesome. I don't know if I have enough confidence in that happening, though. We all know that the IGT will blow a few gaskets if he comes in during the playoffs, right?
  14. Murphy's quote on May: Is May shaking off Contreras? Isn't this something that Contreras should be calling? Perhaps May isn't feeling confidence with the pitch mix and that is what is getting him in trouble.
  15. Thank you! I sent it to him. He said last night he has an interview as a support analyst. Don’t remember where.
  16. I agree. However, if I hear someone saying the following words, I know I will be proven wrong: Longing, rusted, seventeen, daybreak, furnace, nine, benign, homecoming, one, freight car. For those who don't know, that is the code words for the Winter Soldier. Does Woody have a new arm, yet? In all seriousness, I don't see how he would be reliable unless he could throw like Doug Jones. He could fall off the cliff quickly like he did in Arizona. As a fan, I appreciate that he is working his tail to get back, but I would rather see him get healthy... whatever that looks like.
  17. Yeah, it will be (is) broken... Watch, they will give the GG at 2B to someone other than Turang, too. Oh well.
  18. Not quite the same thing but he uses the Lasso Regression.
  19. Yet people will still complain like the Brewers are the worst team in the league. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  20. Dustin May walked across the field, put his arm around Rogers, and said, "Yup... the Brewers just do that to some pitchers. Perhaps you will get traded to them, too."
  21. The Big Ten (+8) is big enough that they could have one non-conference opponent, and then play within the conference. I know that teams like Wisconsin need those games to iron some things out, but maybe things can change with the super conferences being so large. I remember Ball State, Toledo, and Akron being regular opponents. I'm getting old.
  22. Thank you to my brother in law, I have been able to go to both home games so far. The thing that frustrated me with Joseph was how he would lock in a a receiver. He decides where he is going to throw it before the ball is snapped. There was a play in the first quarter where he tried to force the ball on the right side which wasn't caught. On the other side of the field around the EMU 15 yard line were two receivers -- one wide open. Fast forward to the second half. You could see him scan the field much more. There was a formation where there was a long option and also a TE coming across under the linebackers. He hit the TE and made a great play. I have come to realize that the Badgers will not have a good running game. I had hope after the first play from scrimmage last week. They simply cannot run between the tackles. Also, their running backs don't seem to have breakaway speed. I am happy they won and am hoping they improve... a lot.
  23. I guess there was supposed to be a meet and greet with the Volleyball team. We ended up not going. The tickets were free for the tailgate. Maybe next game vs. MSU.
×
×
  • Create New...