Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. Another scoring opportunity. Someone has to deliver here.
  2. The biggest challenge is going to be navigating the long stretches without off days, including the current one of 13 days and the one of 18 games in 17 days coming up before the All Star break. With only 2 reliable starters there will have to be some creative use of openers, piggybacking, and the Nashville shuttle to keep from overtaxing the staff. Some more offense than they’ve gotten the last few weeks (last night notwithstanding) would help.
  3. Not sure if the jinx was you or Levering talking about the scoreless inning streak.
  4. Where was he getting negative reactions? I was at the game and every time he was announced and came to bat there was applause.
  5. Interesting 10 days to complete a string of 13 games in 13 days before the next off day. All 3 series are against teams with losing records that are below league average in both runs scored and runs allowed per game. On paper it’s an opportunity to stack up some wins. I’ll be watching closely for any signs of the team breaking out of its current hitting slump. Could really use some games with enough runs to get some wins without too much stress on the pitching staff. It will also be interesting to see how they handle the pitching rotation with only 2 reliable starters. It has looked like they don’t want the starters going more than once every 6 days.
  6. An interesting month with more series than May against teams with losing records. Will be interesting to see the Brewers pitching plan with fewer off days and looking ahead to 13 games in the first 12 days of July,. I’ll go 14-13. Need the offense to improve on its May performance to do better than that.
  7. That’s only going to get worse with no off days. I’m not sure if the Brewers are planning on going to a straight five man rotation or if they’ll try to slip a bullpen day in to give the starters some extra rest.
  8. Is levering really so dense that he doesn’t understand why that pitcher’s name is in a different style than the other players? His last name is VanWey with a capital letter, but no space, in the middle. So, the other letters in his name are in a lowercase to highlight the capital W in the middle. I suspect that that is what the player requested.
  9. At least I won’t be able to watch tomorrow’s game because of a family event. I’ll be spared hearing Levering give the pitch speed on virtually every pitch Misiorowski throws. If I really want to know the pitch speed, they put it on the score box. But I don’t need to reminded after so many pitches that I wonder how many 100+ MPH pitches a human arm can throw in a lifetime, much less a season.
  10. On cue: “Another hard hit ball by Joey Ortiz but an Astro right there to put it away”.
  11. One of my many pet peeves about Levering is how he always makes it sound like the Brewers are hitting bullets all over the park but have been unlucky.
  12. If Sproat is going to be the third starter it’s hard to see how the Brewers are going to get through stretches of playing every day for two weeks.
  13. Sproat is hard to watch. After sitting through his outing on Sunday as he labored to get the ball over the plate, this is looking like more of the same.
  14. Well, I missed the end of the game. Just as the Astros were batting in the ninth inning, I heard a big crash outside and there was an SUV upside down right in front of our driveway. This is on a residential street. Apparently the driver smashed into the side of our next-door, neighbors car that was parked in front of their house and flipped over. There were about 10 firetrucks, police cars, and ambulances that showed up, several of them just trying to get the driver out of the car. Apparently she was “OK“.
  15. Uribe should’ve just served his suspension tonight.
  16. I’d probably be calling for some minor leaguers to come up to help out this offense if it weren’t for the fact that 90% of them end up showing why they’re in the minor leagues.
  17. It’s going to be interesting to see how the Brewers pitching holds up now that they’ll be playing 13 straight days without an off day. Next week will be the first time this season. They haven’t had an off day. It’s kind of ridiculous that the Brewers have played three or four fewer games than almost every other team with only one rain out. The offense has been pretty mediocre for the month, and they might have to pick it up as the team has to dip deeper into the pitching pool.
  18. It seems like any righty who can throw a sweeper can make Brewers hitters look bad.
  19. The Astros have been ravaged with injuries to their SP,. That’s the main reason for their sub .500 record. But they have been scoring a lot of runs; Alvarez has been especially hot this week.
  20. I winced before the last pitch when Dillard mentioned climbing the ladder or burying. a slider. I was already concerned about a game tying wild pitch before I heard “burying a slider”. Fortunately he went with the high heat. For amusement later I might pull up the replay of the Cardinals telecast on MLB TV and watch the 8th inning.
  21. I’m not convinced that Torres misplayed that ball. It was hit hard and with a different angle the ball might have been past him. On a bright sunny day it might also have been hard to pick it up right away. But the botched defense on the bunt and Winn’s boot were gifts. Just 2 runs in the series for the Redbirds. After today May might want to go back to coaching basketball.
  22. That definitely did feel like stealing a win.
  23. This is looking like the easiest no hitter in baseball history. No hard hit balls and no exceptional defensive plays.
  24. So far all they’ve been doing is walking off to the dugout after striking out.
×
×
  • Create New...