Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. And, based on what they have done in the past, I expect that the roof will be closed today because they don’t want the shadows that you get in late afternoon, even though some of the worst of that is what comes through the windows on the west side.
  2. Maybe they’ll be able to come up with some analysis of this, but in the one replay where you could really see the ball hitting the roof., it looked to me like the ball was deflected to the right instead of back toward the plate. That would be consistent with the ball either coming down short of the fence or foul and the Stat Cast anaysis.
  3. Pulling out the win is going to make going to tomorrow’s game a lot more enjoyable. i’m not going to go through the whole game thread to see if someone else has already made this point. Unless I’m missing something, in the four playoff games today, all of the runs scored were produced by home runs, except forone of the runs by the White Sox, and the two scored by the Padres.
  4. It was never going to be a home run. The only question might have been whether it hit the roof in foul territory and then a foul ball instead of an out.
  5. I expect Bauers to be in the starting lineup somewhere.
  6. Yes, I’m in the camp that believes there is such a thing as a great season with a disappointing ending. I don’t subscribe to the feeling that a season has 1 winner and 29 losers.
  7. One counter to this is the value of veteran players. For example, Ortiz and Pratt may have better numbers than Machado and Bogaerts for part of this season, but veteran players with lots of playoff experience often come up big in clutch situations. I don’t care what kind of a season he’s had, but I don’t want to see someone like Freddie Freeman up in a key situation in a playoff game. The same might go for Machado. Austin Riley has been pretty blah this season, but he had what might end up being the single biggest hit of the playoffs.
  8. It’s partly past history that makes me feel this way, but I think if the Brewers win this series it’s going to be by winning the 3 home games. That’s how they beat the Angels in the ALCS in 1982, the DBacks in 2011, and the Cubs last year. Put another way, the Brewers have never won a playoff series in which they lost a home game. That might be even more likely this year because of the starting pitching rotation. The Brewers’ best chances are going to be when Misiorowski and Henderson start, which figures to be games 1, 2, and 5.
  9. I was expecting ticket prices on the secondary market to come down a little after the Cubs were eliminated.
  10. And Murphy has 2 years of playoff results, so just one first round exit, not two.
  11. It’s the playoffs. You have to expect that it will always be tough. The Brewers will have to buck the recent playoff track record of teams with 100 wins. By my count since 2019 12 teams have won 100 games and 9 of them have lost in the division series. Only one has won the World Series, 1 lost in the WS, and 1 lost in the LCS.
  12. They showed the Cubs game from the beginning. You just had to go back to the Peacock home page and select the game.
  13. I’m not sure how much you’ve learn about a team when they win 12 out of 13 in September against teams that are counting the days until the end of the season (Nats, Giants, Rockies, Marlins.)
  14. I think the English Premier league plays a full home and home round robin season so there is no question about differing schedules. But it is a fact that the lust for more playoffs and more money generated from the playoffs and more teams having a shot at getting into them, has taken precedence over identifying the “best”, or at least most deserving team. When I was growing up, you had the National League champion and American League champion, determined by their regular season records, and they squared off in the World Series. There was a significantly greater chance that a team with the best regular season record overall would emerge as champion. These days, most teams that win 100 games or more don’t advance past the division round.
  15. I’m not changing my preference. If the Brewers can’t beat the Padres even with a home field advantage then they aren’t the best team in baseball. They’re just the team that had the best regular season record. It seems like some of the posters who crow all season about the best team in baseball, and criticize anyone who makes critical comments about a potential weakness, are suddenly getting cold feet.
  16. I would agree with you about cherry picking. But when I pointed out in mid August that for the third of the season from mid June until mid August the Brewers were something like 10th in the NL in runs scored per game, I was accused of cherry picking and told that only the RPG for the whole season to date was relevant. I guess what it amounts to is that some people like to cherry pick what they consider cherry picking based on whether or not they like the result.
  17. My picture was better when it came back for the second inning. I get Peacock through Spectrum and I’ve had issues with it before. I had no problems with the White Sox game.
  18. The Peacock picture on my TV is a little choppy. It’s fine on my iPad. it’s only like that on the game, not on the ads
  19. Sometimes a veteran player who had a lackluster season will deliver the key blow in a playoff game. Enter Austin Riley.
  20. Isn’t it cherry picking to look at anything other than the full season? Thats what I am told when I start a statement of fact with “since”. Seriously, there have been discussions every year about whether being hot to end the regular season is predictive of how a team will perform in the playoffs and the conclusion seems to be that the results are mixed. I tend to ignore regular season head to head results because those games might have been played with significantly different rosters and pitching matchups than you’ll see in the playoffs.
  21. In 2018 it was hard not to be a little optimistic because of how the team had finished with Yelich leading the way. But I do remember being concerned about the lack of starting pitching. They were able to survive the division series in part because the Rockies, were even more drawn out because of having to play both a game 163 and then the wildcard game against the Cubs. While the Brewers gave it a good shot that lack of pitching did finally become their undoing against the Dodgers. If they had beaten the Dodgers I think they would’ve been in trouble against the Red Sox who had a really strong team that year I think the most optimistic Ive been since 2011 was in 2021 because of the starting combination of Burns, Woodruff and Peralta backed up by a strong bullpen. But that was torpedoed by the offense going silent. That series against the Braves left a mark on me that was just reinforced by last year‘s NLCS. I’m hoping that the offense can put up runs more consistently this year, but I have a feeling that if the Brewers get knocked out early, it’s going to be because of another one of those power outages.
  22. I note that every one of these projections gives the Cubs a higher chance of winning the World Series than the Padres There is obviously a significant difference of opinion between the projections and the posters on the board who feel that the Padres are clearly a more difficult opponent.
  23. You’ve said no Patrick and no Harrison. Who are your picks for 12 or 13 pictures on the playoff roster?
  24. I think they’re basically the same. Both close to 50-50 with the Brewers being a slight favorite.
×
×
  • Create New...