Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. Maybe it would have helped if, instead of presenting a graph with nothing but percentages you had included some pure numbers, it would have been clear what sample you were using. But anything about Vaughn that throws his Brewers stats in with the rest is skewed. Even with his Brewers ABs thrown in Vaughn has a pretty unexciting OPS+ of 86 in 2025. If you had told me the Brewers were acquiring that I wouldn’t have been excited.
  2. I would say you’re dodging the question by using a small sample produced by a player whose MLB and minor league performance should tell you that what he’s done since being called up from the minors isn’t likely to continue.
  3. No, I don’t count the Vaughn trade as a deadline move because the Brewers didn’t acquire him to improve the major league roster. He was just a body that they picked up in a forced trade. He probably wouldn’t even be on the active roster now if Hoskins hadn’t gotten hurt. The fact that he has had an an unforeseeable and unsustainable hot streak doesn’t excuse not doing something to address the other holes on the roster. I wasn’t expecting a blockbuster move, but something like Hairston in 2011, Moustakas in 2018, and Santana and Canha in 2023 would have helped with depth.
  4. How would you rate the 7 main NL playoff contenders in terms of how much they improved their teams at the deadline. This is just about this season, not whether moves might hurt the team in the future. I would go: 1 Padres 2. Mets 3. Phillies 4. Reds 5. Cubs 6.Dodgers (who seem to be counting on improvement by getting players back from the IL.) 7. Brewers Thoughts?
  5. Unless I am counting wrong, even if Chourio is physically able to play, he couldn’t come back until the second game of the Mets series. And, of course, with hamstring injuries there is no guarantee he’ll be ready to play by then. Hopefully the players will take the lack of deadline moves as a vote of confidence and not as an indication that the front office isn’t willing to help them out. We don’t need a post deadline swoon like the one in 2022 that sent the Brewers from a 4 game lead in the division to a seat on the sidelines for the playoffs
  6. Very exciting to have a bench consisting of the backup catcher and 3 guys that you never want to see at the plate in a key situation.
  7. Well,the Reds could come back from an 8 run deficit, sparked by a 3 run HR from one of their deadline acquisitions, to show that they consider themselves playoff contenders.
  8. So the Brewers have cut down on their SP depth in exchange for a guy who will be no help to the major league team.
  9. Nobody is saying that. But in varying degrees the Cubs, Phils, Mets, Padres, and Reds have all made moves to firm up their rosters. And the Dodgers can improve just by getting guys off the IL to add to their roster that already has 3 future HOF players.
  10. Of course they do. The Brewers are standing pat while the other NL playoff contenders are making moves. At least they can fly a flag for best record in MLB at the 2/3 mark.
  11. And the Phillies did something to the bullpen by picking up Duran and making some other moves to support other positions. So far the Brewers have done nothing but swap out for a backup catcher who won’t play much unless there is a significant reduction in Contreras’ workload. Because the Twins are cleaning house I am still holding out hope that the Brewers can pick up Castro to provide help at several positions. The Cubs have been surprisingly quiet but I still expect them to land an SP like Alcantara.
  12. I agree that it doesn’t make sense to make a move just to make a move But, as someone who doesn’t follow the minor leaguers closely, I often wonder if the Brewers are sitting on their prospects more than necessary. I keep hearing here how bright the Brewers future is because of all the great prospects they have, but we all know that most of those players are not going to be impact major leaguers Are there any of those prospects that have trade value that the Brewers could part with to acquire someone like Wil Castro or Ryan O’Hearn that would add something to the current team.
  13. With the announcers talking about it probably being his last game as an Oriole, O,Hearn belted a 2 run HR.
  14. It’s a big game if you look at it this way. If the Brewers can win they can win the season series over the Cubs by winning 2 in the 5 game series at Wrigley. With no game 163 anymore, having that tiebreaker could be the difference between a first round playoff bye and having to play in the wild card round
  15. Why are the Brewers so determined to give Siegler playing time? Did Durbin get hurt last night when I wasn’t looking?
  16. That stretch of 19 games in 18 days is a few weeks away. They have this Thursday and the next 2 Thursdays off
  17. I have always had a high level of respect for Sandberg, as I have for all,of the stars of the game who handle themselves with class, as Sandberg did. I’m always saddened to see a legend of the game pass, and it’s especially sad when they are younger than I am.
  18. The Brewers answered my call to “Win One”. Now they can move on to “Win the Series”.
  19. I got that too. Because I often watch games on the DVR on a little delay I was wondering if I was behind the live action.
  20. Hopefully Megill doesn’t repeat what he did in the Arizona game in this kind of situation.
  21. My attitude for a series like this starts with “Win One”. The impact of going 1-2 is a lot less than getting swept. It’s trite, but once you win one and take the sweep off the table then you can go for winning the series. A big game tonight because the first game can set the tone for a series The thing you don’t want to see is a repeat of the infamous and heavily hyped “Border Battle” of 2008. After the Sabathia trade the Brewers went on a winning streak that allowed them to charge into a tie with the Cubs. A Sunday loss dropped them a game behind going into the four game series. Excitement was high going into the opening game with Sabathia on the mound. But the Cubs won and then went on to blow the Brewers out the next 3 days. Just like that the Brewers were 5 games back and they were never a factor in the division race after that.
×
×
  • Create New...