Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    19,002
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. I think money looks the same at any elevation.
  2. 65 WAR, an MVP, multiple other high MVP finishes, long career that was productive till the end pretty much...he should get in without much concern. He was always considered on of the best hitters in his generation during his prime. He has six Top 10 MVP finishes...pretty darn impressive. I always found him a little overrated...but he was a complete player. His ability to get on base was admittedly incredible and in today's game essentially not done.
  3. It was a stupid idea and embarrassing one of our best hitters was playing around in the 8th inning like that. Sure, now he can't throw an inside pitch, but now you can't reach the outside of the plate. All he did is make himself completely uncomfortable at the plate and have absolutely no awareness of where the plate was. He should have done what he has done his entire career, try to fight off inside pitches until one misses.
  4. Sure, I almost mentioned the one exception…but is that really even possible? They managed, what, 7 wins last years with an absolute hack job at QB? Plus they added quite a bit to the team outside of Rodgers. I don’t know much about the Jets team, but you would need a total Aaron Rodgers meltdown along with the rest of the team…which defensively I think was pretty great last year. At that point though Rodgers isn’t benched because of the draft pick. He is benched because he just flat out sucks and a waste of space.
  5. Imagine some dude the Jets want shockingly falls and they trade up to have #13 back. lol
  6. Sigh, another double post today.
  7. Okay, but the 11% rebate will get you running in the door. I hate menards, in just about every aspect.
  8. You guys are overthinking the distance between Monterrey and Mexico City. Planes go fast, from Chicago the difference is 30 minutes. The difference from JFK is 0 minutes. Going coast to coast like NYC to Cali etc. is longer. Mexico City would actually be better logistically, from what I know. Monterrey's airport is pretty darn small and features very little for flights from the US. Mexico City has direct flights from a much wider area of the US. For the teams and their private planes it won't matter...but fans and other personnel will likely be better off trying to get to Mexico City. I actually think Mexico City (or Monterrey) is in a decent spot. If it was a long flight PLUS they were on West/East Coast timezone I would see some travel concern. The flight is shorter than flying across the country, which happens constantly. Sure, it isn't a 1.5 skip across a river for anyone...but it isn't really that insanely long.
  9. The perfect complement would seem like a guy who is a force in the redzone and a threat for a jump ball...so more like Johnston. I don't hate JSN, I think he would certainly be a big help to Love in the short game, but for a guy to primarily play the slot. #13 is hefty high for that.
  10. I am not sure there was a huge risk of anyone hopping infront of us. anyway. Baltimore and the Chargers were probably the most likely. However, neither has the draft capital depth that makes it likely for them to make a huge jump in the draft. The Ravens really don't have much to offer. The biggest concern is probably the team directly infront of them, Houston. Them taking a WR to pair with a franchise QB wouldn't be shocking...especially when they may come from the same college. I am not a huge fan of getting him though.
  11. In theory you would have a lot of tourists interested in catching their team in Mexico. Mexico is pretty famous for tourists being targeted for crime. That is where a lot of the issue lies. Fans/Players/etc. would be in an area they are incredibly unfamiliar with. You know what to watch out for and avoid in a country/area you know. A lot different when you can't even read a simple road sign. I remember there being a lot of concern when the NFL decided to play in Mexico over safety. Half of Mexico the US pretty much advises you to no travel to period. When the Texans went there they pretty much advised no one to leave the hotel. How are guys supposed to be there for 81 games? It is very possible a lot of the crime concerns aren't as bad as they worry...but who is going to be the Guinea pig to test that theory out?
  12. That clause is just injury protection. If Rodgers goes out there and breaks a collarbone, misses the season, and then retires the entire Jets trade package is a complete and utter waste. Not only that, but the first rounder's value would sky rocket if Rodgers isn't the QB for at least half the season. Think of it like NBA trades where the team protects their first rounder if it is high enough...that is what the Jets are in essence doing. Any thought of the Jets intentionally benching a healthy Rodgers to save their pick is complete utter nonsense, imo.
  13. I am one to basically just take the company match and I also have a pension. Which, I really hate the pension because I could do better just investing that money myself...in my opinion. It is also horrible if I leave anytime soon because the amount wouldn't be worth staying vested and if I take the money out I basically could have been investing it for all those years (since if you opt out when you leave the job you just get the amount you paid in). Though, I always assumed I would never stay in the career to retirement, but as the years have gone by I think it is more possible than I once thought. That being said, I am sure I will retire with a pretty healthy egg. I started straight out of college doing so at the age of 22 with a solid salary, so such a modest savings strategy will pay off more than one might think. Props to people that try to max contributions and put every raise into retirement, I could never do it. To me a raise is a reward and should help add enjoyment now. I see so many people that are frankly addicted to retirement saving. I see too many people die before retirement or even soon after. I wonder if those people regret saving all that money for nothing in the end.
  14. I would imagine, eventually, MLB expansion is going to get a bit complicated. You aren't just adding an MLB team, you have to add 4 relevant MiLB teams too (not including rookie ball fodder). Probably wouldn't be hard to get A/A+ facilities...but the A/AA levels isn't quite as simple as those facilities take huge investments. Once you then find legit options to place them that can support them, at this point, you are probably looking at areas with nearby MLB teams. Then you have to worry about encroaching on an MLB teams market or even another MiLB teams market. Small Markets probably don't want a MiLB team they own near them, let alone a team they don't have any ownership interest in. I am a bit skeptical of international expansion. Latin America is probably incredibly intriguing to MLB (especially after the WBC excitement/interest), but lets be honest, a lot of those countries are incredibly sketchy. Mexico isn't exactly a place that is considered safe or a place one should go to outside of a resort's walls. Random international series, cool...81 home games, a lot of risk of really really bad PR.
  15. I wouldn't like it...but odds are we aren't going to have much choice. We will get left with whatever scraps are left. It would be interesting what would happen if the expansion team ended up next to a AAA team like Nashville would. Classic musical chairs in MiLB.
  16. Likely so, they would probably want the AAA team as their own if it stays. All jokes aside, if/when expansion comes, Oakland would be a relevant option for a AAA team. Nashville MLB team gets Nashville AAA team, SanFran creates the new AAA team in Oakland, and then Brewers get Sacramento (current Giants AAA team). I mean who knows what happens when that time comes. MiLB baseball is a weird landscape these days. Also, whether a city has a current team/stadium isn't going to matter a ton. The Mallards stadium is likely so far below AAA standards any renovation might as well be a brand new stadium cost wise. While it seems to have the space to house enough fans, the seating options may not be up to par and the facilities are probably way below standards. The Saint Paul Saints jumped into affiliated ball as a AAA team, but make no mistake, they had a near $100mil ballpark that was just built.
  17. I am sticking to Bally Sports and YoutubeTV combined, it is basically the same cost combined. Then I can keep my interface for TV consistently the same. I would rather unsubscribe from Bally+ in October and then resubscribe come April, that is it...no other fumbling around all year. Of course, I am not a channel flipper...so Samari's love of the back button to the most recent channel is meaningless to someone like me.
  18. #1 I don't smoke. #2 My comment had literally nothing to do with the Mallards attendance or their ability to attract enough fans. The Brewers don't own the Mallards, my reference was to the Brewers attendance. The Brewers don't benefit from the Mallards turning into the AAA team. If they owned the AAA, maybe they wouldn't care as much, but they don't have any financial interest in the Sounds. Also, the Mallards schedule consists of 58 games and only 28 home games. All of those games take place in the summer when school is out and the weather is warm. Double the amount of games you have to convince people to come out to and play during April/mid August+...that will plummet overall attendance averages. Also, while Mallards are fairly expensive for summer ball (I think), it is much much cheaper than AAA baseball is. Average Nashville Sounds game is about $45. You can get all you can eat food and beer for that price at a Mallards game. Minimum price for a Mallards game is $6, Nashville appears to be about $15. There are probably better locations to shift the AAA team to. I am sure the Mallards could still easily average 3k+, which is what a lot of teams pull in. At face value it could work on the Sounds side, but I just don't see the Brewers going for it themselves. On another note, to those pondering AA Biloxi flipping to AAA...I doubt it. They consistently flirt with the worst attendance in AA. If we were going to flip the AAA team to a current affiliate, it would be Wisconsin. They drew 50% more than Biloxi last year and actually cracked 3k average. With a AAA team in Indiana/Iowa/Minnesota it wouldn't be farfetched geographically. I don't think it would happen, but if you were picking a current affiliate, it is the only logical one in my opinion.
  19. Considering the Brewers talk about the importance of attendance to the bottom line...I am guessing the odds they want their AAA team in Madison is somewhere close to 0%. I would be willing to bet the Nashville Sounds would stay right where they are. I am guessing a large part of the AAA team staying in Las Vegas is the fact they have a nearly brand new stadium they just built. I suppose the Sounds stadium might be considered old enough by the time a team would move there in the 2030's...but I am not so sure.
  20. Yes...still a public slave though. 🤣
  21. Oakland was always consider a pile of crap anyway, so no, nothing probably changes in their case.
  22. I’d argue Ryan Braun was still a more feared hitter to face. Why? Because his entire elite prime, you couldn’t avoid him. Not only were you facing an MVP caliber player, but in the on deck circle was a huge power hitting MVP caliber player himself. You could avoid Fielder, but you had no choice and had to face Braun. Braun had 9 IBB in his career prior to 2012…15 in 2012 after Fielder was gone.
  23. They don't care, someone literally said they don't need pro sports to have an identity. Should be interesting to see how that goes for them. Why does anyone go to Oakland other than a sporting event?
  24. My guy, at least post in the correct thread.
  25. Crowds don't matter. A third of MLB flirts with 20k a game...the A's failed to even crack 10k last year. No city without an MLB team right now is some obvious attendance monster. Any city is going to be questionable to actually show up to the stadium for a relocated team. The Las Vegas Aviators have been one of the best teams in attendance for years. So people will go watch baseball there.
×
×
  • Create New...