Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

MrTPlush

Verified Member
  • Posts

    19,010
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by MrTPlush

  1. I think you have to pick a position for Molitor and that is what he is for these kinds of rankings. Either A) the one he played the most or B) the one he played at during his prime years. Which either way is Third Base. You can't win both the AL and NL awards and you can't exactly win a gold glove at multiple positions in a single year. Yes, I know, I thought way over the top on that debacle.
  2. Kinda one of those rankings that shouldn’t exist because no one is deserving of the honor. I think Weeks is a bit harshly unloved because A) people love to rip on guys over defense and B) he got an extension that people didn’t feel he lived up to. I think the injury issues unfortunately plagued him in his career. The way fans treated him towards the end was kind of sad, considering his contract was hardly that large. Sometimes I feel like we should be thankful any player wants to be in Milwaukee for over a decade. He was a great homegrown player player. He was an absolutely electric lead off hitter for years. I feel like this comes down to nostalgia. If you grew up watching Ganter you probably pick him, if not, you go Weeks.
  3. Define a few connections. I don’t mind connections..,but 27 hours flights (including layovers is a bit much).
  4. The fact that anything car related, despite having absolutely no mention of electric cars, will have a comment section filled with anti-EV people having a meltdown about EVs. *10 car pileup on I-94" Anti-EV dude: "WoW, WhAt If ThOsE PeOple HaD aN ElEcTrIC Caaaaaaar, iT wOuLd RuN oUt oF BaTTery WaitiNg." Other person: "Uhh...do gas cars never run out of fuel?"
  5. The actual shipping speed is always the same it seems. I am guessing to operate the way Amazon does everything gets shipped the same way. The difference tends to be that to make it take more than two days they just don't fulfill/ship it for 1-2 days. Whereas prime that sucker has a tracking number and on a truck within hours.
  6. His ‘85 wasn’t bad, but he still only put up 1.7 WAR. The last two years he is in the negatives. All said and done he average 0.15 WAR over those four years. I am certainly not giving him brownie points for longevity when that is what he did. I guess if I was going to give a guy some credit for longevity I think of a Ryan Braun. Who, despite falling off, still managed an OPS+ over 100 every year of he career and never ended up being worthless any year he had played. Does not quite seem right to give a guy credit for longevity when, in retrospect, the team would have been way better off had he not been on the team any more. It didn’t really add anything to his legacy.
  7. Someone almost tricked me into picking Cooper because of longevity…but now I look at it and Cecil Cooper was total trash the last four years he was a Brewer. So then it is basically 6 years versus 7 years. I think the answer is comfortably Prince Fielder. He was the better hitter and dWAR would tell me both sucked on defense. I think Fielder gets bonus points for actually being a homegrown guy, watching him come through the minors, and then mash they way he did. You can’t even name a down time or bad part of his career. His minimum games played in a year was 157(!!!!). His entire career is great start to end with us.
  8. Yah, it really comes down to this. They aren't really adding payroll and their 'record payroll' isn't really anything to actually find impressive. It really is just baseball inflation at work. However, they also aren't really cutting payroll or being cheap. I suppose it would be nice to see them do like they did in 2012 and give it a go before they payroll inevitably shrinks a bit due to losing some expensive stars...but is what it is. I don't get people really getting hung up on what is likely a $10mil (maybe less by OD) payroll reduction. MLB players cost money and usually in the form of multi year deals. I don't really want them to find the need to sign some middling player for 3/$30mil just so we can make sure the 2023 payroll matches the 2022 one. People like to complain about baseball's smallest market ranking in the teens for payroll. We should be glad our owner actually cares. There are plenty of other tiny markets (and even some larger ones) that the owners love to penny pinch and still are trotting out sub $100mil payrolls.
  9. I am relieved we can't afford to hand Adames $190mil. I would have to pandemic hoard popcorn to watch that unfold over the years.
  10. I am relieved we can't afford to hand Adames $190mil. I would have to pandemic hoard popcorn to watch that unfold over the years.
  11. For all we know, he has already been extended. If not, it will either get done or it is possible Counsell may be wanting to step down after the season. If he ends up a lame duck, I think it is by Counsell's choice.
  12. The free shipping is slower. Free…but definitely slower. They just wait days extra to fulfill it and ship it out. If you are actually getting something 2-day prime guaranteed and it ends up taking longer you can complain. Either the item is refunded (you get it still) or they extend your membership a month for free.
  13. I mean the first sentence makes absolutely zero sense as you acknowledged anyone trading for Burnes better be expecting to make the postseason...Astros or not. Outside of that, if we trade Burnes to a playoff team in the AL and somehow find ourselves with the huge problem of facing them in the postseason...I think we will be okay with that risk. ?
  14. 22 years old, walk issues, uses one pitch 55% of the time, and has one super nasty pitch. He will be a reliever sooner rather than later.
  15. Important to remember they don’t have to announce extensions for FO guys or even managers. Often times it comes to light months after it actually happened. I seriously doubt the Brewers are going to have Matt Arnold lame duck in his first year. They could give him a three year extension and fire him in December without shedding a tear. He doesn’t make $20mil. If they lacked that much confidence in the guy he would even be running the team to begin with.
  16. Wily Adames would get $20mil a year on an extension. Not sure he could command Swanson’s per year average of $25mil. For all the flak Swanson gets about his offensive track record, Adames is arguably no better in the consistency department. Maybe the Brewers would give him a higher AAV to hopefully shorten the contract and not pay him $20mil+ at 35 years old. If you gave him 7 years right now it would only go through his age 33 season. If he wants to cover his two arby years plus the 7 FA years Swanson got, no way it would be reasonable for him to get $25mil+. Adames has two years to up his value, but that is on him. He can risk it and try to be worth $30mil+…but he also could pull a Baez. Lucky for Baez he had a bounce back year to trick the Tigers into thinking he was actually good again. Still a far cry from what he could have had from the Cubs long ago.
  17. Wily Adames would get $20mil a year on an extension. Not sure he could command Swanson’s per year average of $25mil. For all the flak Swanson gets about his offensive track record, Adames is arguably no better in the consistency department. Maybe the Brewers would give him a higher AAV to hopefully shorten the contract and not pay him $20mil+ at 35 years old. If you gave him 7 years right now it would only go through his age 33 season. If he wants to cover his two arby years plus the 7 FA years Swanson got, no way it would be reasonable for him to get $25mil+. Adames has two years to up his value, but that is on him. He can risk it and try to be worth $30mil+…but he also could pull a Baez. Lucky for Baez he had a bounce back year to trick the Tigers into thinking he was actually good again. Still a far cry from what he could have had from the Cubs long ago.
  18. Swanson is a better comp, and honestly, a pretty darn good one. Comping Wily Adames to Rafael Devers feels like borderline clickbait. Adames is older, farther from FA, and is nowhere near being on the same planet as Devers offensively. Devers has posted a .900+ OPS before and has been an upper .800 OPS bat the last two years. Devers is a proven elite bat, Adames couldn't post a .300 OBP last year and has been very inconsistent over his career. Adames simply does not have the track record nor the elite offensive ceiling that commands these big contracts.
  19. Swanson is a better comp, and honestly, a pretty darn good one. Comping Wily Adames to Rafael Devers feels like borderline clickbait. Adames is older, farther from FA, and is nowhere near being on the same planet as Devers offensively. Devers has posted a .900+ OPS before and has been an upper .800 OPS bat the last two years. Devers is a proven elite bat, Adames couldn't post a .300 OBP last year and has been very inconsistent over his career. Adames simply does not have the track record nor the elite offensive ceiling that commands these big contracts.
  20. I always live for the next installment into the 'hot dog side hustle' story. The boring answer is trade in your truck for a sweet van. haha
  21. I watched a few of the recent movies in theater before starting from Phase I. She told me while watching those movies in theater they wouldn't make any sense until I watched from the beginning of the Marvel Movies. To be honest...I am lucky if I can get through an entire movie and not be confused about the plot. The whole comedy part of the movies is fine to an extent...but seems really overdone. Blooper-like comedy in the middle of a big action scene seems like an interesting choice. But I guess that is a Marvel movie thing and just expected after awhile.
  22. The problem is, shifts aren’t being banned. Putting your 3B/SS 50 yards into RF is being banned. We go back to how shifts were before. 2B shading towards 1B and playing on the back of the dirt…then the SS will virtually just be directly behind 2B. While we won’t see piss missiles getting caught by guys halfway into RF, those guys hitting the ball that much to one area are still at a big disadvantage in the grand scheme The MLB.com article does point that out. 10 extra hits is nothing to sneeze at…but hardly world changing. Not to mention, as people have said, other teams will have guys benefit too. So even if you think we were one of the most unlucky teams against the shift, the gain is hardly anything to get excited about because it probably won’t matter much competitively. Maybe the games are more exciting though.
  23. My significant other is a massive marvel person…like huuuuge fan. So naturally I have accepted watching them and she started me off from the start (never watched one before). I am trying hard…but I don’t like them . The storylines are strange and scattered…the middle of the movies are really boring and I pretty much doze off. Anyone familiar with the phases I just finished the the second avengers movie. The only movie I have really enjoyed are the Iron Man movies and maybe the first avengers. The Thor movies have been really boring to me. Don’t line those at all.
  24. I worked at a pizza place when I was in high school. The reason is simple. People have epic meltdowns and tantrums if it isn’t ready at their pre decided pickup time. If you want it at your lunch time 5-10 minutes late can be a third of your lunch time…huge problem. To avoid it getting lost or slowed down by an unexpected rush we made sure to get those orders done slightly early to avoid it being late and in case a mistake/problem occurred. At a pizza place (at least where I worked) the warmers were really effective and if your food sat on the warmer longer it wasn’t really noticeable at all. With other types of food maybe not. Also, those pre planned orders ahead of time are incredibly annoying and a pain to track time wise. People don’t walk around with alarms that say “start the order to be ready at 12:00” that came in two hours ago.
  25. His rookie campaign was fine. Easy to be spoiled by our current aces and they easily overshadow anyone else. Rookie campaigns aren’t always great…even for really good pitchers. Greinke once dropped a 5.80 ERA in 33 starts to begin his career. Verlander once had a 4.80 ERA early in his career. 4.26 ERA for Kershaw in his first year. Scherzer had an ERA north of 4.00 2/3 of his first years. This isn’t to say Ashby will or could end up like them…just that a starters first crack at it is more about showing flashes of promise than it is actually results at the end of the year. Does he end up like Brandon Woodruff, Wily Peralta, or somewhere in between…time will tell.
×
×
  • Create New...