Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

SeaBass

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,215
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by SeaBass

  1. SeaBass

    Pizza

    I agree with you, the pizza in Italy is too simple and didn't impress me much either. It was ok, I don't want to say it was bad, just not what I was hoping for. As a whole, the food in Italy didn't impress me, pasta included. I fully recognize that it's because I'm used to Americanized Italian food but sadly the fact remains.
  2. DirectTV Stream is the only option and you get the privilege of paying $85 plus tax every month for it. Honestly, choosing between that and cable might be a horse apiece at that price.
  3. I think there's a big difference between Bally's Sports channel being removed and people being denied access to their local ABC affiliate. Big, huge, gargantuan difference. ESPN, while not quite as influential as it once was, is still a pretty big deal as well.
  4. I don't think YouTube TV is looking to get "rid" of those channels. These are normal negotiation tactics that pop up from time to time and I'm sure will be resolved by the deadline or shortly after. Great thing about streaming is the ability to jump from YouTube TV to Hulu or something else. Folks will stick with YouTube TV for a short time but if it gets to be longer they'll just move to a service that has what they want. YouTube TV has to know that a certain percentage of customers, once they move, will never bother to move back once their programming issue is resolved.
  5. I don't think you're any less susceptible to equipment issues or technical difficulties with cable than using streaming services. So again, this falls short of being a relevant point to me.
  6. SeaBass

    Pizza

    I had good success using the conventional oven to reheat pizza. I think I did 400 degrees for like 6 - 8 minutes. That was back when I was single and getting two Domino's mediums for $12 (or whatever the deal was). I can confirm, I just reheated 4 day old Papa John's, 2 slices of pizza and 2 breadsticks in the oven. Around 7 minutes at 375 degrees on a baking sheet with aluminum foil so it doesn't make a mess. Tasted just like the day it was ordered.
  7. All the tech savvy that's required is having an email address, a credit card and rudimentary knowledge of how to use the internet. It's really not an excuse (though obviously personal preference matters). Sure, if you don't have a smart tv you'd need to buy a Roku or other streaming device. That's not hard or expensive either. Plug the power brick in the wall and connect the Roku to your tv with an HDMI cable and you're done (exactly like that cable box you're probably using), rudimentary internet knowledge takes over from there. If you use more than one tv you'd need to buy a streaming device for each one, just like you need a cable box for each tv you use. Difference is buying a Roku is a one time sunk cost whereas the cable company charges you monthly in perpetuity to rent each cable box you have.
  8. Plus an additional $10/mo for unlimited program storage, whereas with YouTube TV you can add unlimited programs to your library. Otherwise DTVS only gives you 20 hours of storage. The only thing you can't do with YouTube TV is download shows to watch while offline (such as on an airplane) and sound is only in 2.1 surround, not 5.1 or 7.1. 100% I'm not claiming it's better than YTTV and the price definitely isn't but it's the only streaming option that gets you all Brewers/Bucks games. I used it for 5 months during the Brewers season, quit in early September as the Brewers could coast to the playoffs (and made things a bit tense doing so as it turned out) then I had a family password sharing option to watch YTTV for free for the playoffs. Other than live sports I have zero use for any live TV streaming service, regular television programming holds no interest for me. So I have no need for extra DVR capabilities. The Bucks 82 game schedule isn't enough to justify paying for the service so I don't bother. They have enough national games where I can still watch a fair amount of games w/o RSN access. The 162 game MLB season makes it easier to justify the expense.
  9. Good plan, except you can't watch Brewers games on mlbtv, in market that is. DirectTV Stream is $20 more than YouTubeTV, it might not have as full a lineup as YouTube's but does include Bally Sports Wisconsin and local channels. It seems to have the major cable networks including MLB Network too. It doesn't have NFL Network but honestly that doesn't feel as important as it might have been really few years ago when you could only watch Thursday night games there.
  10. Very likely it was a third party seller. Wal-Mart's website is similar to Amazon/eBay where other people can sell their stuff, used or new, and set whatever price they want. I think it's just harder to spot on Wal-Mart's site. When Wal-Mart is the seller it will be for the retail (or sale) price.
  11. Right and as recent as last year YouTube TV had Brewers games. This is the first season they don't. I don't think anyone that has chosen to cut the cord and chosen streaming is crashing into other people's conversations of why they still have cable and telling them they're wrong. The cable model still makes sense for people even if they just don't want to deal with learning how to navigate streaming television. My parents were clinging to cable as their bill kept going up and up, finally my dad told my mom, "Hey, we're going to try YouTube TV for a month and if it doesn't work out we can always go back to cable." My mom complained about YTTV for a couple weeks but once she got used to it she ended up liking it. Yes there were still compromises but staying with cable comes with compromises too. YTTVs unlimited DVR is probably a big factor, it just records everything, they don't need to worry about overlapping show times or being restricted to 2 simultaneous show recordings. It's easy now, their shows are just there when they want them, all of them. I swear I would visit them once a week and the gymnastics they needed to do just managing the rinky dink DVR the cable company provided them was so annoying I can only imagine what their day to day routine was like.
  12. That's why I went the Amazon Fire Stick route for YTTV. Much less chance of Amazon being bullied by Google than Roku. I wouldn't bet on that. They've butted heads before, it's only within the last couple years that there have been official YouTube and YouTubeTV apps on Fire TV devices. The upside with Fire TV is that side loading options are available, meaning you can hack your device and download unofficial apps that let you use those services w/o Google really having any say over it.
  13. If that is true, then the people with Roku TVs will not be happy... At least you can still plug something into an HDMI port. I don't think Roku charging for app downloads is something that will happen anytime soon but that's the direction it seems to be heading. It's all about the percentage of money Roku receives from customers that sign up for a subscription directly through the Roku app. That percentage is money Google agrees to pay Roku for those exact transactions, point being that Google is gaining a paying customer directly due to Roku making that app available. Roku can demand a fee for that and it's a huge factor in how they make money. Which is absolutely fair, it's just the comments they're making to the public are attempting to deflect blame from themselves and onto Google when they in fact actually do share the blame and are behaving heavily in their own self-interest. I don't expect this stalemate to last long but what do I know, I didn't think it would get this far either. It's just depressing that the same old cable model tactics are now rearing its head in the streaming world. Guess that shouldn't be a surprise either.
  14. Our commitment is to always put your interests first This is 100% about Roku's self interest, this is the same argument cable companies use when they are in dispute with a particular network or channel, except with the cable model they actually pass the cost along to the consumer. The Roku streaming device model doesn't work that way. This is Roku's hint that at some point in the future they will charge customers a fee to download apps on Roku devices.
  15. Exactly, it might be a bit annoying but I'd rather be watching than not. I actually did try out the Bally's app for a little bit the other day and it felt like the picture quality wasn't quite as good as what I get with AT&T TV. I'm not sure if that was just a momentary thing or what but I went back to AT&T TV the picture looks pretty good there.
  16. To add to this, I'd say Roku users shouldn't worry too much about this, Roku and Google are playing their game of chicken but Roku will cave, they're not going to want to lose market share to other streaming devices and YouTube TV is too big of an app for them to risk not being able to offer their user base. I can't imagine Roku would risk losing app support for longer than a day or two and I really don't expect it will even get to that point. This is also a reason to be somewhat diverse in the use of streaming devices in your home. They're fairly cheap, having an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Chromecast with Google TV as a backup shouldn't hurt your wallet that much. I'm not saying you should have a backup for every tv in your home but at least one extra device will cover you in a pinch if something like this happens from time to time. As far as time delay on AT&T TV there definitely is one and I've noticed it more than once when following along in IGTs. It is still annoying enough where I wouldn't consider that a better alternative to the Bally's app, if the delay bothers you there it will still bother you using AT&T TV.
  17. SeaBass

    Pizza

    For what it's worth I ordered the Pizza Hut Detroit pizza last night. 1) I liked it. I would order it again and I probably will. 2) I didn't feel like it was a whole lot different than their pan pizza from a crust perspective, but the sauce above the cheese instead of under it really works. The toppings were good, the new pepperonis were a success and as I said I liked how the sauce was on top. There was lots of pepperoni on it so if you love pepperoni that's a plus. As far as how it compares to Rocky Rococo it's not very similar other than shape, definitely fits with the Pizza Hut brand. I liked it much more than the Little Caesars deep deep dish pizza, I tried that once and wasn't very impressed with it, their version feels like all very bready crust to me with very little cheese, sauce and toppings.
  18. SeaBass

    Pizza

    The Pizza Hut Detroit style pizza was intriguing to me also. I especially like that there's a new "crispy cupped" pepperoni topping that's coming with it, if the Detroit pizza is limited time I hope the pepperoni sticks around, I really like that style of pepperoni. Reviewbrah is out with his review for those interested.
  19. SeaBass

    Pizza

    I'll give it a try, I have done pepperoni and jalapenos. I usually order chain pizzas and many of the coupons I use are for 1 or 2 toppings but sometimes they have 3 topping coupons available that are in my preferred price range. Getting jalapenos on my pizza is a very recent development but they have quickly moved up on my list of go to toppings of late.
  20. SeaBass

    Pizza

    I've actually been ordering just cheese and jalapeno pizzas lately, it's a nice change up for when I get tired of my typical go to of pepperoni and pineapple.
  21. SeaBass

    Pizza

    I haven't tried Cholula on pizza, I tend to favor Valentina over Cholula but they're both good. I like using it on refried beans when I go for Mexican food, I mix the rice in with the beans and good amount of Valentina. I don't do Franks on pizza as much as I used to, I found out that if I get too carried away with it I'll get heartburn. There was a time, and I think this was even a tagline for Franks, but I would put that stuff on just about everything. Not anymore lol.
  22. SeaBass

    Pizza

    Anybody indulge in the use of hot sauce on pizza? My group of friends got into this a few years back, I don't really have any sauces to recommend, I tended to go for the basic Frank's RedHot which I really like on pizza. My friends seemed to be trying to have a contest for who could handle the hottest sauce, I tend to go for medium heat and good flavor over trying to be overly masculine and going for the hottest sauce.
  23. I agree. Good show. I just watched this one, I really enjoyed it.
  24. I have a free year subscription to it for the same reason. It's a newer service so there's not a ton of original content yet. When scrolling the list of their included content I did see a fair amount of children's shows, I don't have kids so I didn't study them closely but there was one Charlie Brown special on there (The Great Pumpkin). There was also a Fraggle Rock show. Again, I didn't look that close. I've only watched one Apple TV+ original on it so far, Greyhound starring Tom Hanks, it's a WW2 movie where Hanks is a US captain on a destroyer escorting merchant supply ships across the Atlantic to protect them from German U-boats that are trying to sink them. It was a good solid movie I'd say 3.5 stars out of 5. Good action, perhaps a little light on character development outside of Hanks', it's pretty clear his role is where 99% of the focus went (which is understandable, he's Tom friggin Hanks after all) and the side characters remain fairly unexplored and two dimensional. Otherwise it's similar to Amazon Prime. Some content is included for free with the subscription but you can also rent or buy movies. I wouldn't pay for it because it's nowhere near as robust as Netflix or Amazon Prime at this point but since it's free there's no harm. It's easy enough to cancel so that you don't get charged when the year expires. If you don't even want to go that far and just skip the free trial you probably aren't missing much.
  25. If you're asking because you don't want to watch Breaking Bad at all, ever, then no, you don't have to watch Breaking Bad in order to understand Better Call Saul. But if you intend to watch both shows I'd recommend watching Breaking Bad first. Mainly because the characters in Better Call Saul aren't as in the forefront of the story in Breaking Bad so you'll come off watching Better Call Saul only to see the characters you grew to know really well on that show be pushed off to the side in Breaking Bad. Not that they aren't important, they're just not the focus. I just think it would be awkward to watch it that way.
×
×
  • Create New...