Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

SeaBass

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,215
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by SeaBass

  1. If we're doing Benjamin's let's do it right.
  2. It's impressive to watch the mental part of the game work its magic on a player. It's kind of a miracle that Harrison got one guy out on a great defensive play from Mitchell.
  3. Our only hope is the Jets remembering that they're the Jets.
  4. When the first half ended tied at 7 I said to myself, "And that was their good half."
  5. Keeping Matt Lafleur around doesn't make the organization any more attractive to outside potential hires either. Incompetence is a disease that affects the whole entity until it's cleaned out.
  6. Everyone knows but this isn't the NBA where only the top 10 picks in the first round matter. Still wouldn't prevent a ho hum AJ Hawk #5 overall pick if they had one.
  7. FWIW Bradford Doolittle has Henderson 4th on his ROY rankings. There's some interesting commentary about Miz's Cy Young resume in here as well. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/49895021/mlb-2026-awards-watch-september-mvp-cy-young-al-nl-rookie-manager-year
  8. Research be damned, this has to be the answer. 😂
  9. I've done zero research but I think it's a combination of things. As stated, pitchers aren't doing it in the first place so to ask them to start doing it invites bad throws by the pitcher himself when that hasn't been part of their routine in general for a long time now. I don't remember the last time I've seen a pitch out, for all I know it could be a decade? Longer? Pitchers don't even do that type of throw for intentional walks anymore. With the general lack of base stealing (compared to the days when Rickey Henderson was swiping 100 by himself) I just don't think teams want to create more errors. I also don't feel like they're as concerned with teams being successful on attempted steals. A steal in and of itself doesn't typically create an immediate run. You can still pitch yourself out of the inning.
  10. Try searching videos on youtube. There's a video for everything.
  11. That's always the danger, yes. I feel like it's going to be painful anyway if they lose, it will have an extra edge if they lose to the Cubs but winning that matchup would also be pretty sweet. These two teams are electric when they play each other, good baseball is worth the risk. I'm not really saying I want it either but the Cubs have flaws and the Brewers have gotten the better of them more often than not.
  12. The way things have gone, I think the Cubs would be a favorable playoff draw. Still scary though, their offense is more than capable of just getting white hot and carrying them.
  13. I see people complaining about Yelich a lot these days, if the Brewers were loose with their spending habits and not the disciplined team they are you could probably expect 3 or 4 more guys similar to him on this roster taking up space with varying degrees of effectiveness. It's why you probably don't notice me making a lot of posts in favor of signing guys like Contreras or Bauers (or Burnes and Peralta) to lucrative extensions just to keep them around. The club knows what it's doing and even then some shrewd signings don't quite work out long term as was originally hoped for. It's hard for me to criticize the Yelich deal because his injury happened afterwards and his health has been an issue for some time now. He's mostly been able to be a positive contributor. We're just stuck waiting out the next two seasons, complaining about it feels wrong to me. It is what it is and if the Brewers spent like a lot of us wish they could we'd be a lot more used to players in the twilight of their careers being on the roster for a couple seasons.
  14. I suspect you and I agree about 99.9% about Jake, I'm just not going to say he's their best player.
  15. The best offensively perhaps, Bauers has 2.6 fWAR, Miz has 5.4 fWAR and Turang has 4.2 fWAR. Chourio has 2.4 fWAR and he's missed a little time though their plate appearances aren't terribly far off, though Chourio is still behind by several games. A complete player is more than his bat.
  16. I would possibly be ok with a QO if there was going to be a season next year but I'm not so sure about how fast the two sides will be able to come to an agreement if at all. I'm not too fond of the idea of him sitting for the better part of a year and then coming back and matching what he's doing now. I hope he gets paid somewhere he deserves it.
  17. They're going to need to hire a new massage therapist to replace him.
  18. NFL to allow coach's designee to initiate replay challenges https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/49575837/nfl-allow-coach-designee-initiate-replay-challenges
  19. PCA and it's not a hard decision whatsoever. They both have over 1500 major league plate appearances. They have a lot of similar physical abilities, PCA is just better. I like Jackson and am glad we have him but it's PCA. (Deleted what I didn't like about my own post)
  20. Sure, I think there's also an element where a team thinks, "We're getting Tarik freaking Skubal! Heck yes! He wants to pitch in this certain way? Yeah whatever you want, we're just amped you're here!"
  21. One thousand percent this. So many talking heads out there saying the Brewers could easily beat that deal but none of them talk about how the Dodgers could just sweeten their own. I also believed the Dodgers would get him for exactly this reason.
  22. I got a pretty good clue when I threw my back out golfing at age 14 that a life as a professional athlete just might not be in the cards for me 😄
×
×
  • Create New...