Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Will be interesting to see what, if anything, he has left in the tank. Sinker Baller if I recall, correctly? But, really a ground ball pitcher who lacks any ability to strike batters out? It's been awhile. But, on a minor league deal take a look and see if there is anything there. Since the first couple games of Spring, the bullpen hasn't exactly been lighting it up as it were.
  2. That Sheets-ism still rings as awkwardly phrased as when it was first spoken. A true wordsmith. Nice thoughts in here and well written. Thanks for sharing.
  3. My mother arrived today for a 2 month stay on my Farm. It brings back all sorts of nostalgia as Spring Training progresses. What is hot on the nostalgia stove this morning?

    On Monday June 2nd, 1986, as a wee 8 year old lad, my parents took me to County Stadium to witness the Brewers defeat the Kansas City Royals 7-2. We sat about 20 rows up the First Base Line directly above the dugout - catty-corner home plate as it were. Teddy Higuera went the full 9 innings and I was completely engaged; on deck; glove at the ready. BUT, more than anything that fine evening, oddly, what I remember most is my mother steadfastly reading Ken Follett's Eye of the Needle. Teddy went 9. Ganter, Oglive, and Sveum had decent nights at the Plate. BUT, through it all, my mother turned page after page only glancing in brief moments to give me an affirming smile or a nod of recognition.

    Some 13 years later, while working as a college student in a local bookstore, I was well into my lifelong fandom of the Milwaukee Brewers. And, it just so happened I was the individual shelving and buying Mystery and Thriller novels. The world often spins a Web of Meaning: One early spring day, I laid down in the employee break room on a ragged old couch and began my own  reading and interpretation of the very same Eye of the Needle. Apparently, it was time to close the Circle. It was 1999. Phil Gardner was now the manager. The Brewers were yet again inconsequential. AND, frankly, I was questioning my own life's direction (as any 21 yo young man would do) and certainly my fandom of a team seemingly destined to annually define the phrase: "Mediocre at best!". A Brewers season was on the horizon. All hope and aspirations languishing in a sea of 'Meh'.

    As the 2022 season approaches - salvaged miraculously from the throes of a devastating Lock-Out - I ponder a line from Follett's seminal international thriller I encountered that day on that couch:

    "The trouble with being inspired to perform the impossible was the inspiration gave you no clues to the practical means."

    I don't know how the Brewers can win a World Series championship in 2022, but I hope they are inspired to perform the impossible. In the Spirit of Gratitude, I give great GREAT thanks for these past 4 years. I, for One, remember the doldrums. We are living in the next Golden Era of our fanaticism. Let us not forget this.

     

  4. Reyes had quite a nice stint late last season if we recall. Heck, I even recall posters opining they wish they’d find a way to keep him up as the next suprisingly effective utility man. He plays hard and runs the bases with a passion. He’s an easy Vet to like. Glad he’s in the organization. i have to think, at present, they are going to give Brousseau every opportunity to take that job to start the season while sprinkling in some Jace vs some Righties. The ? Remains: were Brousseau’s first 2 seasons the Norm, was last the new Norm, or is it somewhere in between. My guess is the latter.
  5. Watching 'Ted Lasso' for the first time and I love it. The hype is real because the characters are all quite amazingly portrayed and developed. Sad to see there is only 2 seasons to binge. LOL.
  6. It's probably on the bubble, but DRIVE MY CAR is playing at the Oriental and it's excellent. (Janus is distributing it, so it's likely to end up on Criterion ultimately.) LICORICE PIZZA is also still in theaters. As are WEST SIDE STORY and HOUSE OF GUCCI, although I can't imagine for too much longer. BELFAST is available for VOD rental, albeit at $19.99 I'm holding out for a bit. DUNE is my favorite blockbuster of the year. It's widely available for rent although it will probably be back on HBO Max before the Oscars. Same with KING RICHARD. CODA is on Apple+, although I think it's a long shot. Be aware that THE LOST DAUGHTER is not a thriller. And Olivia Colman/Jessie Buckley do things that makes the character unlikable even if you understand why. BEING THE RICARDOS, which I don't think works despite some valiant efforts, is on PRIME. I think AMC still does the Best Picture marathon thing. I absolutely loved DUNE. Denis is one of my favorite Big Picture Directors in recent memory. The way he paces his films and the stunning shots couple with understated scores are all just super tastefully done. I thought he absolutely nailed BLADERUNNER: 2049 as well. Very excited for Dune II in 2023.
  7. Why is it that every NHL season I know my destiny is looking forward to the Minnesota Wild heading toward an inevitable decline in play as the season starts to matter most? It's nearly every season. They appear to be back in another classic stretch of losses. Bummer.
  8. Just here to shill ATOM and Cosmos again. LOL. Osmosis Zone opened 25% Superfluid Staking today. This is literally the only project in all of crypto affording this type of access in DeFi. So, we pair ATOM/OSMO in a 74% APR liquidity pool. AND, then, you can stake 25% of your 50/50 split of Osmo (currently) into a Validator staking pool. In other words, a 99% payout in OSMO. The interface, the offerings, etc. they just continue to blow me away. Osmosis Zone is incredible. Then, if one was so fancied, they could take any aspect of the reward and stake it in Osmo on a standard Validator interface (80% APR currently and maintain governance votes). Both are afforded AirDrop liquidity status. This summer, Quicksilver Zone is launching. I'm all aboard that train. Carry on, gents. Carry on.
  9. I just watched the 'Hot Ones' inaugural episode of Season 8 (You Tube) with Gordon Ramsey. Oh man. This should be considered 'Must Watch'. I nearly died laughing. Amazing stuff.
  10. Hard to say at this point. BUT, going by the extremely conservative but long-held overall Market View: All we have seen to date is Higher Highs and Higher Lows. IF, and I mean IF, we find a Bottom above $28-29k and the Makers don't spend any time settling the CME Futures Gaps at $18kish and $25kish, we are still Trending. And, at this stage, that is about all I can say.
  11. I agree with everything you are saying here. I would add: Retail has been exiting in the past month as well during the 'test' of $40k. I was speaking specifically to that. On chain data shows this - and, indeed: whales have been accumulating and exiting with their newly accumulated stashes. In some form or fashion, the Big Kahunas are accumulating for something much bigger.
  12. Cosmos literally just lept past 10 projects in 24 hours to enter the Top 20 (currently 16th) in Market Cap for the first time in its existence. Incredible. Osmosis Zone just leap-frogged Pancake Swap. What a wild n wooly start to 2022 for my favorite ecosystem in all of Crypto.
  13. Right. Forgot you mentioning that earlier. For now, it would appear nobody really knows where the Bottom is. I mean, I read quite a bit of Market news and it is all just as conflicted as the Sideways Box price action we are currently experiencing. One thing I have read in several places, however, is the majority of Exit velocity right now has been from the Retail Markets while the 'Big Boys' have been increasing their positions with each touch around $40k. Naturally, this means little if they go lower. LOL.
  14. Hopefully you got into some version of Osmosis. Since entering that space, they've now achieve top 3 DEX status and the OSMO coin itself has more than doubled with lotta Upside potential in the Future Pastures. Today, they still are pumping out 110% APR on the ATOMOSMO pairing which is bonkers. Anywho, as always, with all LP work (there are now double Stable Coin 30% Plus LP Pools fwiw - in the broader crypto space) One has to consider their risk parameters; impermanent loss in BOTH directions etc.
  15. Koinly has proven very valuable for tracking every transaction on anY crypto CEX. I have my work cut out for me this year, however, as I have to go On Chain and track my staking and LP yields.
  16. Agreed. I made a nice little pizza oven when I lived in Northern New Mexico. Made the bricks myself. Bought the fire bricks for the interior. Designs are readily available. There is nothing quite like a wood fired clay brick oven pizza. The only 'inconvenience', really, is knowing it has to be under cover for fear of rains. In N. New Mexico this wasn't really a big concern but it has delayed my building one where I currently reside.
  17. Yes on my patio and also serves as a heater during the cold winter nights here in AZ when outside. So jealous. When I first saw those my jaw dropped. They looked so efficient and convenient. So glad to hear it is enjoyable for you.
  18. Where did you eat in Italy? I found Italian food incredibly rich and delicious...with dirt cheap local wines to boot. Daily, I'd venture to the Markets and grab cheese, fresh bread, produce...go grab a couple bottles of wine. LOL. I think I gained 15 pounds? I'm not a big wine guy, there was wine in abundance with all our meals and I drank it like everyone else but it's kind of wasted on me. I was with a church tour group so our guide would bring us to different restaurants most nights. They were family run places and they fed us well. I don't want to hate on them, the food was fine but I guess I had high expectations. I also don't like seafood in any form. We would typically get many courses with a dinner, so sometimes if there was something I really liked it was just a small portion and then the next course would be served. In these situations we really didn't order for ourselves, they'd just seat us and then start bringing us food. When we were left to find our own food for like lunches when out sightseeing we didn't have much luck with places we chose. We tried to find places with authentic food or sometimes it was just quick street food which was comparable to fast food quality. I don't want make it seem like everywhere we went was a letdown because it wasn't, but my general feeling was I expected a different experience. One day I literally went and had Chinese food because I wanted something different lol. Oh man, that's funny - the Chinese food. I think, perhaps an addendum is in order, I have a skewed perspective. When I went, I went to watch my brother-in-law play in the Lega Basket Serie A, so I was pretty much treated to the best restaurant recommendations each and every stay. Outside of the Markets, I just relied on others local and expert opinions. I'll never forget the night we were treated to a dinner by the clearly apparent Mob boss in Avelino (in the South of Italy - distinctively different cuisine than Tuscany or the Po region). It was one plate after the next just rapid succession. Everything came with fresh grated truffles. It was insanity. At the end, we paid a grand total of the equivalent of like $20USD. Never was it more apparent to me that it's all about who you know and that I was living in a very impermanent Bubble while he had a career. Ted Kennedy used to clandestinely fly into Tuscany and eat at Monteriggioni's 'Ill Pozzo'. I used to stay at a BnB just outside the city - a repurposed Convent. I ran into him one night while eating solo. Wild times.
  19. You're welcome. My set up was about as easy as it comes in crypto: Download Keplr wallet as Brave extension. Synch Ledger Nano X to both Keplr and Osmosis. Plug. And. Play. The only aspect of this set-up that is impacted is 'Ledger Live' - there is a wonky ongoing synch issue w/ Ledger Live and Keplr whereby Keplr overrides the Live Block Feed. BUT, it isn't a big deal whatsoever. I've actually preferred using Keplr's interface as I can choose which fee I want to use to 'Claim Rewards' or 'Stake'. On Ledger Live, the bonus is you can bypass a Claim and then a Stake by Compounding within the App. Anyhow, IF you do venture over to Osmosis, I'd recommend looking at the UST/OSMO hedge as a component of your LP. I am currently using UST/OSMO, ATOM/OSMO, and OSMO/SCRT (Still 75 Epochs of SCRT external incentive payouts). I really like the team at 'Secret Network' and feel as tho there will be a very recognizable need for layers of Smart Contract security and identity protection as CosmWasm evolves and the Eth Gravity Bridge takes shape. My $0.02. EDIT to Add: Just as a heads up, the Staking Rewards for OSMO arrive in 24/hr intervals (Mine arrive daily at 9:35-10am PST). It's not like ATOM whereby it is accruing as each Block matures and you see your payout by the minute. The LP pools are a shared reimbursement of all Swap and Bonding Fees on a per Pool basis and a 'Per Amount Invested' basis relative to these criteria. You can Vote on Propositions in the 'Governance' Icon of each entity via your Keplr Wallet OR it will Link direct via the Osmosis Lab Menu. IF that interests you.
  20. Cmon man, thin crust is where it's at! The divide in the 'Deep Dish' or 'Traditional Crust' vs 'Thin Crust' appears to mirror the divide in our Nation. As a thinner crust man myself, I will pray we find the common ground.
  21. I agree with you, the pizza in Italy is too simple and didn't impress me much either. It was ok, I don't want to say it was bad, just not what I was hoping for. As a whole, the food in Italy didn't impress me, pasta included. I fully recognize that it's because I'm used to Americanized Italian food but sadly the fact remains. Where did you eat in Italy? I found Italian food incredibly rich and delicious...with dirt cheap local wines to boot. Daily, I'd venture to the Markets and grab cheese, fresh bread, produce...go grab a couple bottles of wine. LOL. I think I gained 15 pounds?
  22. IF you are into truly authentic Neopolitan style Italian pizza, apparently 'Pizzeria Lola' on 53rd ish and Xerxes is highly highly thought of. I just spoke with a couple peepariños back in the Twin Schmitties and they both swore by it. Again, more that authentic thin crust experience. It was featured, apparently, on 'Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives'. Has a cult following. I also see that Galactic is still there on Grand Ave and is rated in the Top 20 on Trip Advisor. I quite liked it back in the day, but I think the sauce hits or misses with folks. FWIW.
  23. I personally wouldn’t do the majority of DeFi - especially if I don’t individually know the people behind the Projects/Pools. It is extremely risky as you are willingly Bonding your crypto hodlings with no contract. You are saying you have faith in the Actors - not only will they follow through consistently for you and the purported yields but you trust their Security. This being said, I am very familiar with several of the Devs and CEOs in the Cosmos Ecosystem. They realize, now, The Gravity Dex was a mistake in the Cosmos Hub. The Osmosis Lab is awesome. Sunny was a key player at Tendermint for 4-5 years. I have a Trust factor with the community I don’t have elsewhere. It is still risky, yes, but I don’t play with all my Hodlings just a portion. The risk in Bonding to a Liquidity Pool ‘shouldn’t’ be losing your crypto. The risk is the devaluation depending on your fixed bonding period. AND, the risk could be you’ll end up with more of a coin you don’t necessarily want to Hodl if the other in the pair rises in value commensurate to the other. Howver, you can hedge this, by pairing with Stablecoins (to a large extent - it isn’t full proof but it is pretty good). Hopefully that answers your questions.
  24. Yeah, Profit Taking is very tricky in trading. Trades, in general, are very tricky - regardless of what any Trader tells you. I have professionally trained in the ForEx Market and the Crypto Market (via the Van Tharp Institute and Pro Act Traders). The profit-taking portion and, hell, the trade management portion is all extremely challenging. In Crypto, the challenge is always the Stop Loss and evaluation of a meaningful R:R ratio. I created metrics and I automated and I still found it challenging. Ultimately, when I took meaningful profit I set aside a large chunk of money I didn't care if it went upside down. Now, I just stake and LP in DeFi. It makes for an infinitely more enjoyable life for me. Last winter I was staying up through the London session and then rising for the NY Session out here on the West Coast. It was awful for my physical and inevitably mental well-being. Best of luck with that. If you ever want to shoot some of your thinking my way I'd be happy to engage and discuss.
  25. I remember people their absolutely loving Red’s Savoy Inn. It was ok but worth the fanfare no way - it was an utter doughy gut bomb. When I last lived there, I remember kind of liking Galactic Pizza and Pizza Harina (I have no idea if these even exist anymore). Pizza Lucé had a cult following too, but I felt it was just ok. Though, their barbecue chicken pizza had potential IF it was cooked proper. Really, for me, when I lived in the Twin Cities it was about the Blue Door burgers and deep fried pickles; the Walleye sandwich at ‘that restaurant’ on Grand Ave; and the tasty tasty Nepalese meals at Everest on Grand.
×
×
  • Create New...