Trax
Verified Member-
Posts
356 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Events
News
2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking
Milwaukee Brewers Videos
2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks
The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project
2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Trax
-
Is it Time for Brewers to Trade The Kraken?
Trax replied to Harold Hutchison's topic in Brewer Fanatic Front Page News
For the right offer anyone is available. I would actively listen to any interest on Sanchez, but the comp would have to be real. We're not gifting him to anyone. -
I'd like either of these arms added, but not involving a controllable present starter. We have prospects that have value I'd be willing to part with, a couple on the 40 that really need to go. Package kind of deal....may or maybe not for arms of this quality. But arms that could help.
- 36 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- logan henderson
- joe ryan
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Anyone is on the table including any active players. That being said in reality they're really not on the table, because of what the comp would be. I mean if someone calls on JackC do you hang up? No, you listen to their offers and then you hang up. I mean for an unbelievable everything I want offer anyone is on the table, but then reality ends that debate. That all being said I do not trade Fischer, Burke, Pena and several other close to ready prospects. Williams maybe for the right deal, and a bunch others (Black, for an example) on deals or as fillers. But not the core guys that may be special players. And I hate rentals, unless it's a no loss steal pass on rentals. The trade we just made with Houston was perfection, little loss with little risk and possible soon and far reward.
- 2 replies
-
- luis pena
- josh adamczewksi
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
With any incoming player it all comes down to comp for me. I don't like giving up top prospects and I am not an all in for a rental guy unless the cost is reasonable.
- 10 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- luke weaver
- antonio senzatela
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
One way or another I think a starting pitcher who right now is presently with another team is with us. One better than at least one of them you have starting. Really depends on the new CBA. I think it likely Contreras is traded in December as it sits, he will bring a lot. The only way he's moved is if we get a true windfall, and I think we do. That is somewhat reliant on what the team thinks about Quero and his readiness to take the top job. I was surprised they were that all in on Pratt, they may think he's as ready. You can always find a suitable veteran backup catcher and we have a couple in the minors who are fighting their way up.
- 8 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- brice turang
- jacob misiorowski
- (and 8 more)
-
He is a grossly overpaid vet. I can see some leeway for underperformance involving vets but not to this extent. We need to get our best players/hitters on the field and placed where they most help the team to win. Play Lara more and ease him up the ladder of batting order. Contreras, Turang, Frelick have had their plate struggles too but I have much more faith for them in the now and future. Same for Vaughn. I'd see much more of Vaughn/Bauers and an outfielder DH'ing based on matchups if it were me. Maybe a good long rest would do Yelich some good.
-
Exactly. I would have had Yelich resting on pine for some time now, platooning him at DH when I did put him in the lineup. I'd also have him batting 5 or 6, not in the top 4. Shouldn't everyone have to earn their spot in the lineup? Not considering money paid he still is mediocre. Become the master of topping the ball. Considering what he's paid he has royally sucked. I know that a hitter can't get out of their funk while on the bench, they need at bats. I don't think it's a funk with Yelich, he's just declined to this point and don't expect it to get better for any stretch of time. Spurts maybe but we've seen the last of a long term heavy hitter with him.
-
Gary Sánchez is an ABS Menace, and He Must Be Stopped
Trax replied to Ray Stuedemann's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Murph needs to implement his size 12 cleat. This is on him, he controls this or should. That being said I think there has been some discussion. Twice yesterday Sanchez could have challenged and he would have been right but he didn't. -
I'm hoping the first couple months for Sal at the plate were not the norm future wise. He is a Gold Glove outfielder who can play all 3 spots. I don't see him moving unless in an emergency situation. I would guess for right now Lara platoons, natural CF'r who may have to play a little corner depending on match ups and needed days off? Still unsettled infield as it sits.
-
Yes, it will be interesting how they get Lara playing time. I expect an infielder to be moved up before too long, but then again moving someone down and/or having to make a 40 man move could be tough without some kind of trade. We have older prospects who at least in a package could be valuable enough to bring a longer term return. Yelich is a move that is long overdo. Past time to platoon him for matchups and I'd only begin to do that after he's had a little rest on the pine. On top of that he'd have to earn back a chance at batting in the top 4, I'd bat him 5 or 6 until he wakes up. Which he may never do. I don't understand Murph on this one, you've got to play your best players and everyone should have to earn their spot.
-
Does Switch-Hitting Still Make Sense for Blake Perkins?
Trax replied to Jack Stern's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
My guess it's Perkins who gets sent down to make room for Lara but they will also have to make a 40 man move for Lara. I would think they're not done making moves in the short run, we need to call up an infielder. Eddys Leonard makes the most sense but again, 40 man move would have to be made. -
Eddys Leonard has hit better at AAA than Jett or Cooper. Maybe he gets a call up at 3rd at some point if needed? Lara if he continues to rake should be the next guy called up if needed for any reason outfield wise...
- 14 replies
-
- luis rengifo
- cooper pratt
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Is Joey Ortiz... Ok Now?!
Trax replied to Matthew Trueblood's topic in Brewer Fanatic Front Page News
With Pratt likely to get the majority of starts at SS do we platoon Ortiz and Hamilton at 3rd? Rengifo I would guess will not return to the starting lineup and if that's the case an eventual DFA... -
Christian Yelich's Back and the Breaking Ball
Trax replied to Matthew Trueblood's topic in Brewer Fanatic Front Page News
I doubt Tommy Boy or anyone else can "fix" Yeli. At this point, he is what he is. I think they may want to rest him a bit more, in many circumstances I'd rather have both Bauers and Vaughn at the plate with Mitchell in the mix. If Lara continues to kill it and is called up, Mitch to RF and Frelick sits. Have been a huge Frelick fan but he's not on it so far this year and we need our best hitters out there consistently. -
Upcoming contracts are a great motivator, but with all players mentioned here the compensation would have to be real. It seems in baseball players like Bauers are rarely extended during the season but that would be ideal. Otherwise he is likely gone after this year with no comp. But again, the return value would have to be real.
- 12 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- garrett mitchell
- trevor megill
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Brewer Fanatic Readers Pitch Trade Ideas for the Brewers
Trax replied to Jason Wang's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
You're likely spot on, I was just trying to avoid reality. No way do I do that all things considered.- 29 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- tarik skubal
- luis rengifo
- (and 4 more)
-
Brewer Fanatic Readers Pitch Trade Ideas for the Brewers
Trax replied to Jason Wang's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Burke and Fischer are killing it and the team will need to make a decision on Adams. Their deep farm clubs give them a bright future in a variety of ways, kudos to our front office. At the same time I really like both Vaughn and Bauers at 1st, you see both being moved before they can walk?- 29 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- tarik skubal
- luis rengifo
- (and 4 more)
-
Brewer Fanatic Readers Pitch Trade Ideas for the Brewers
Trax replied to Jason Wang's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
I figured that, just dreaming. Considering his contract (which he's worth) and the comp it's a no way deal. Made has played SS so far almost exclusively but I think Pratt is the long term commitment there, moving Made to 3rd. Williams to 2nd if we can not sign Turang long term, or if we do one of Williams or Pratt traded. That is a very desirable future infield.- 29 replies
-
- tarik skubal
- luis rengifo
- (and 4 more)
-
Brewer Fanatic Readers Pitch Trade Ideas for the Brewers
Trax replied to Jason Wang's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
Yeah, I know. Maybe Ashby instead of Koenig ? Hate to lose him though. Might have to include Pena or Quero. Made off the table.- 29 replies
-
- tarik skubal
- luis rengifo
- (and 4 more)
-
Brewer Fanatic Readers Pitch Trade Ideas for the Brewers
Trax replied to Jason Wang's topic in Milwaukee Brewers Talk
All guys mentioned will require major comp. The only one that really intrigues me is the least likely, Bobby Witt Jr. I know he's not available but if he were for the right return what would that return be? Jett Williams, Brady Ebel, Luis Lara, Tyson Hardin and Jared Koenig? Too much? Too little?- 29 replies
-
- tarik skubal
- luis rengifo
- (and 4 more)
-
I hope the ceiling is not set for Mitchell, but I have my doubts. Tommy Boy and the rest of the staff either finds the right adjustments physically and mentally for Mitchell to improve at the plate or what we have seen is what you're going to get. Ortiz plays SS because of his All Star defensive ability, Perkins is about equal in CF. Mitchell is a good defensive outfielder, but he is not Perkins.
-
Jesus MadeLuis PenaCooper PrattJett WilliamsLogan HendersonAndrew FischerJeferson QueroJosh AdamczewskiLuis LaraBishop LetsonCraig YohoMarco DingesLuke AdamsBryce MeccageBlake BurkeBraylon PayneBrady EbelColeman CrowBrian FitzpatrickTyson Hardin

