Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Trax

Verified Member
  • Posts

    356
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Trax

  1. There are a lot of variables at play for the Brewers at this point and their guess is also likely banking on the fact that at some point not being able to be competitive with payroll is going to hit is some year(s) more so than others. Counting on Yelich to be healthy, counting on Woody to be healthy, counting on a closer WILL take the place of DW counting on Hoskins not stinking etc etc.
  2. I had read it. Opinion like we all have. The small market teams would have to be willing to play hard ball, and I mean real hard ball. Including dumping a season (s). The NFL got it done, MLB could get it done. Many players would actually benefit. The couple of handfuls of big market teams have run the show for far too long. In the very least a major overhaul is desperately needed and you start that overhaul by using the art of the deal. That would be demanding a salary cap floor and ceiling. Something along the lines of 150-200 with revenue sharing. In the end you may end up with far more revenue sharing we have now for small markets AND penalties for over spending such as eliminating international money, forfeiting draft picks, etc. It definitely CAN be done and needs to be done. It takes will, brains, and balls. Not sure how deep you'll find all 3 among those that need to get it done. That would be the only issue.
  3. A complete overhaul is needed in the least. What MLB really needs is a hard cap with a floor and ceiling.
  4. All named exciting prospects but I'm most jacked about the arms, Mis and Yoho. Love Contreras but if Quero is ready to go at some point the small market Brewers must be willing to move him for the right package. A HUGE return...
  5. There are roughly 10 teams that have a player payroll of over 200 million, and a few of them way over. MLB is slowly eroding, when teams like the Dodgers can do what they have done in the last 2 years and can continue to do it the playing field is set. Which is a highly unlevel playing field. MLB desperately needs a floor and ceiling cap, similar to what the NFL has. Until then, it will always be more of the same.
  6. I hope he has a future at 3rd. Both the defense there and the desired power are in question, long term. We're not going to be able to pull off a reasonable trade to fill the 3rd base question this year and I hope we don't overpay some aging vet. Let a combination of Durbin, Dunn, and Black earn the spot or in platoon if it must be. Earn with a capital E.
  7. You can always use another legit bullpen arm but the glaring need short term is a power bat. Left side power bat more so if Hoskins sticks. Long term we continue to search for that natural fix at 3rd. Not sure (really doubt) Durbin is long term there.
  8. Does Durbin have more defensive potential at 3rd than Black has? If so, it's slight. Don't they have similar arm strength? I'd rather see this platoon than to go after a reclamation project or an old guy rental. It's either this platoon for me OR a trade involving a young 3rd base prospect who is presently blocked on the team that owns him. With Williams already gone, less likely. I hate to move a platinum glove guy, but one other scenario is Durbin to 2nd and Turang to SS.
  9. We need to enter the new season with a legitimate and solid every day starter at third base. One way or another, make it happen Brewers. Just don't give up our future starters to do it. Won't be too far down the road and we'll be talking about replacing most of Turang, Ortiz, Frelick, Mitchell, etc.....
  10. I would not trade any of our top prospects for him. Maybe a 3 way trade involving Devon Williams and a couple lesser but valuable prospects. No Bitonti, no Pratt, no Quero, no Mis.
  11. Are the Royals really a team who would bite on a rental? Maybe I guess, but I think they'll get outbid by the real money power in the league.....
  12. Good article. In a perfect world for this small market team trading Williams at this point makes real sense IF they can get real plus return. Which I think they can. There are a couple 3rd baseman owned by other teams that are ready with real upside talent but are blocked with their current big team. Making that swap would really be perfect world kind of stuff...even if we had to throw in another prospect to make it happen.
  13. It would nice to be able to move Hoskins but with that contract not likely. Black's lack of power doesn't fit great with 1B but if the bat is humming it would get him in the lineup. I think we're at the point with Yeli he may find much more time as DH and if not him I don't think Black has earned the designation at least for now. I think Black is still at the point where he needs to earn and prove his status bat wise. He's not a 3rd baseman. He is a prime candidate to be moved in a trade, part of a package likely.
  14. I would say start him at Appleton and then quickly move him to AA when he's ripping it at High A. He's so young I'd make him earn his advancements while getting good instruction. By the end of the year he could be Triple A.
  15. I think it likely Williams is traded before the start of the season. That trade will bring a coupe or a few prospects, and one will be a top prospect who is likely ready or very near ready of MLB. That just may be a guy who will take 3rd. Just more speculation.
  16. If both Black and Boeve can not pull defensive weight at 3rd it complicates things. Milwaukee can't spend big on a FA, that's clear. Could Black play 2nd? If not, it may be easier to find a 2nd baseman than a 3rd with Turang moving to SS. Boeve's bat looks ready, may have to start with him if we can't find that other outside option. Does Hoskins have trade value after he claims his option? Not necessarily to bring someone who helps at an IF position of need but just to move the money? That could loosen up IF options....
  17. Absolutely not. Payroll if anything is going down. I wish we had gotten enough for Adames to trade him before this year and we certainly can NOT sign him now. No small market team can. The system is rigged completely in favor of the big market teams. If we can get enough in return Williams with his one more year of control needs to go too. Small market teams must always be looking to improve their team every way they can because they CAN'T do what the big market teams can do.
  18. I hate to see payroll suffer further but it's a business first, a game second. Charge a few bucks more a ticket and the owner should swallow hard and try to keep payroll from dipping even if it means accepting a tighter margin. But he likely won't. A small market team has to make prudent and timely moves and for the most part our front office starting with Stearns has done a great job and we continue to. Williams with one more year of control is indeed a prime trade candidate if we can get the right return.
  19. I like him or the Brewers if we can get him for decent numbers but in reality I think this team is better off spending some extra money by tying up present players (like Contreras) where possible long term and/or spend FA money on an arm or two. Turang could easily slide to SS but he is so gold glove at 2nd we must leave him there, and easy to do with Ortiz available to move to his natural position. 3B is a need. Black could likely fill the void for a while, and I'm not so sure Boeve couldn't at some point take over there.
  20. Agreed. They had in the past already talked to him about a contract. It is time for him to move on after we make the qualifying offer. Anyone know what round pick we get for him?
  21. He gone. MLB's tainted alignment favoring big city teams heavily is the end all. Completely unfair for a large percentile of teams. Imagine if the league had a real cap and set up like the NFL has. My understanding is if the team makes a qualifying offer we'll get a draft pick. Where exactly that pick will land I don't know...end of the 1st or end of the 2nd?
  22. I think you pretty much nailed it in detail. His limitations at bat are real. His limitations in the field loom even larger. I don't know what Hoskins can do to get his average up but he in the least should work on improving his on base percentage. What I really can't understand is when you put both Hoskins and Bauers in the lineup Murph is often playing Hoskins at 1st base and DH'ing Bauers. Makes absolutely zero sense. I'd switch that every single time and pinch hit Bauers for Hoskins a whole lot more when Bauers isn't in the starting lineup. Why play the weaker of the two defensively ?
  23. Great article. We ended up directly and indirectly once the dust settled with William Contreras, Gasser, and Payamps for Hader. The timing was terrible but the end result was absolutely super.
×
×
  • Create New...