Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Keep it up with Yeli, Murph. He sure is making you look good.
  2. It’s been 4 months of this garbage and we still have people who won’t admit that Sproat just sucks.
  3. Unlike last year I actually couldn’t care less about the top seed. I just don’t think it matters much and if the Dodgers and Cubs play in the NLDS in the other series I can’t see myself with the result no matter what. That said, still need to hold off the Braves, a drop below 2 would be a disaster.
  4. Can I ask those who wanted a bat what bat that was acquired at the deadline would have been a needle mover and who you would have given their reps to from our existing lineup?
  5. Sproat has to go to the pen or minors now, right? With May in the rotation and getting Harrison back, I think they go with a 6 man rotation for now and Gasser stays.
  6. I am plenty aware that there is probably 60-70% chance that neither of Frias or Ragsdale ever amount to much at the MLB level. However, we are not the kind of organization that can afford to walk away from the 10% chance that one of them becomes a star for non controlled and non elite rentals. Yes, it’s true that different organizations rank prospects and players differently. But pretty much every prospect list, Fangraphs, baseballtradevalues, etc are in agreement that this was a bad deal.
  7. I keep seeing this and I bet that most Tiger fans wish their organization was informed. You can’t just chalk it up a a sellers market when not everyone is paying the same prices for the same positions.
  8. So putting cost aside, going to try to piece together what this means for the roster the rest of the way. May goes to the rotation with Harrison also joining him. So I would guess Sproat almost inevitably goes to the pen and we go with a 6 man rotation the rest of the regular season of Miz, Harrison, Drohan, Henderson, Gasser, and May. Hopefully the move to the pen is what Sproat needs in the short term. Stallings is going to get optioned again and Bryse Wilson and Joel Kuhnel are dead men walking once Jojo is healthy enough to return, unless they prefer to send Sproat to Nashville and keep him stretched out.
  9. This is kind of insulting to the average poster here, I like to think that’s it’s a little bit smarter base here than Twitterverse and most have a little more prospect than just pulling up the latest top 30 after a trade and seeing how high or low the prospects in the trade are on it.
  10. Just because the market sets the price does not mean that we as a buyer need to pay that price if we don’t find it to be reasonable. As others have suggested, if there’s a true logjam where selling must happen, I’d be much more understanding about going after bigger assets.
  11. Seems pretty underwhelming when you look at his career track record, but he’s been far better in the bullpen which I’m sure he will continue to pitch out of here and being away from Coors should be beneficial. Almost certainly another rental as I don’t see them exercising his 14M option next year,
  12. Can we please, please stop using the justification of “well Chourio and Lara are locked up long-term, so these guys are blocked anyway” to explain away this trade. We are all smarter than this. This is a value based thinking forum. This is a value based thinking organization. No one here is selling their Porsche for half price just because they also have a Lamborghini and a 1 stall garage.
  13. Yes. And the Cubs got Tyrone Taylor, so I considered that part of the deal a wash on both sides.
  14. This reads like quantity doesn’t matter. We also gave up two assets versus one. Even if I like Rojas better than Frias, or Rojas better than Ragsdale, it doesn’t mean I like Rojas better than the combined assets of Frias and Ragsdale.
  15. Murph: “You couldn’t do anything with Yelich out of the lineup so now you get him back in the 3 hole. And I’m benching both Pratt and Lara for good measure.”
  16. This trade seems like something the Padres would do. It just doesn’t fit our M.O. at all. The only way this turns out to be a “good” trade is if May and JoJo help get us to a World Series. I just don’t see them being that big of needle movers.
  17. There are many fans that will be at the game tonight that would rather trade Jesus Made than Christian Yelich because they’ve heard of one and not the other.
  18. Coleman Crow plus Knoth looks amazing right about now. I want to go back to being disappointed about that.
  19. I was against giving up Pena for a rental but I would have far preferred that over this.
  20. Holy cow, that’s terrible for a pair of rentals. I would have rather just stood pat.
  21. Jojo will be on the playoff roster, and useful now. He’s solid, and has been historically reliable. He’s probably the 3rd best reliever in the pen after Megill and Uribe. I don’t know if May will be on the playoff roster or not but he’s going to help preserve our bigger bullets arms the next two months at the very worst and that has value. Not sure what people were expecting, Mason Miller? .
  22. I mean I’d hope we didn’t give up a ton since I believe both are rentals but seems like pretty decent additions to me.
×
×
  • Create New...