Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Pirates just got some help too.
  2. Yup. MLB Trade rumors doesn’t just run with every random Twitter source and post. Sometimes sources get it wrong. Or maybe he ends up being right, who knows. But it wasn’t a troll/pretender account.
  3. This will be a bummer if he goes to Pittsburgh. We need a reliable bullpen arm especially after dealing Yoho.
  4. The guy cited is a reliable journalist for Bleacher Nation (or at least he was, no doubt he takes a credibility hit if this does not go down)
  5. Tinfoil hat theory: GMs and owners are quietly charging us a premium versus other trade partners because they know the strongest argument that the MLBPU would have against a salary cap would be if the Brewers won the World Series.
  6. So far this Trey Smack looks like he’s going to have us begging for Anders Carlson back, and we don’t even know how he’s going to look under NFL game pressure yet. If this were the Brewers we would say “just wait til the pitching lab gets ahold of him.” Safe to say that the Packers coaching staff and special teams staff in general doesn’t exactly inspire the same level of confidence.
  7. I’d happily move Jett Williams but for all we know he isn’t really moving the needle much for GM’s around the league.
  8. The thing about our lineup is that it’s not top heavy, but it’s not bottom heavy either. It’s a lineup that you could argue the leadoff man should bat #9 and the #9 man should bat leadoff on almost any particular day. Would anyone really bat an eye for instance if Pratt hit #2 in the next game? Even the 3B platoon that is our supposed weak point of Hamilton and Ortiz has combined for 2.1 WAR this year. That’s a solid player. So if you do make a move - who are you taking ABs away from? Unless it’s a huge needle moving bat, you are pretty much making moves at the margins. Are we really that confident that Kyle Stowers for example is going to be any better than our existing options?
  9. Yeah, I mean I’d still want consensus prospect value to trade Pena for sure. Otherwise, I’ll trust the process on him even if he isn’t one of my personal favorites. He is after all only 19. I'd be over the moon if we traded Pena for Mason Miller, for example, but I was against sending him out to rent Skubal which I am sure it would have taken.
  10. I’m not saying I would have traded Pena but I’m kind of getting lower on him than the national prospect consensus. He’s been hurt frequently, inconsistent and hasn’t made as strong of a case for the jump to AA this year as I had hoped he would. I dunno. He’s obviously still very young and I could be totally wrong and he could tear up Biloxi next year. He just seems a little overrated right now to me. I just know in my heart right now at this moment in time that if I heard “brewers trade Andrew Fischer”, who isn’t a top 100 anywhere, it would hurt me more than “Brewers trade Luis Pena” who is a consensus top 20.
  11. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2026/08/blue-jays-to-acquire-jose-soriano.html blue jays got Soriano. Seems like a really reasonable price. Nimalla is a nice lower top 50 type prospect. Michelleti is a warm body and Rivero is a lottery ticket.
  12. I never said they couldn’t. I literally said is not guaranteed but that the odds are strongly in our favor. Beyond that I don’t see the purpose of fretting over something that probably isn’t going to happen and I have no control of either way.
  13. We’re not seriously planning on Joel Kuhnel as a “bullpen help at the deadline” guy, right?
  14. The Brewers have been 6.5 games better than the Cubs in the first 111 games. There are no guarantees but odds are they aren’t going to be more than 6 games worse than them in the last 51.
  15. The feeling is mutual
  16. Luis Garcia for Yelich is the most obvious, biggest 1 for 1 upgrade they could have realistically done for a reasonable cost. Unfortunately, you knew they would never consider it,
  17. I agree as far as the playoffs go, but there isn’t a single guy who can walk through the door and change that. Guys like Chourio, Turang, Contreras, Mitchell, etc are capable of heating up and having a great offensive stretch. If they do, we can make a deep run. If not, we probably aren’t going anywhere.
  18. It’s kind of sad when any team with the best record in the league in August (entering today) says “I don’t think anyone realistically believes we have any shot at the WS”. I sure hope that the guys in the clubhouse believe they do or what the hell are we even doing here.
  19. Wasn’t a strike to Lara but that’s what stupid selfish challenges earlier in the game will get you in the 9th.
  20. As a Mitchell truther who thought he was finally breaking out, I’ve been so massively disappointed with him lately.
  21. I guess I just don’t know who the big bat is that people want. Someone like Otto Lopez would be amazing but the cost would be astronomical and he’s probably not realistically available. Any rental available is probably going to be a marginal upgrade that isn’t going to make any difference in being a division winner and top 2 seed or not and so you’re just pretty much paying for a few dozen ABs in October and hoping that they happen to be hotter during that time than whoever else would be the option.
  22. I probably would have just sat Miz down. This game is likely going in the L column anyway and it was a good load management opportunity with the low pitch count.
  23. My favorite Sunday lineup of the year and they lay a complete egg. Get ready for more Yelich leading off and a heavy dose of Lockridge.
  24. My gosh I am so sick of Wild Bill today. Had a chance for 1st and 2nd, 1 out and he hacks at ball 4 for a double play to end the inning.
×
×
  • Create New...