Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

adambr2

Verified Member
  • Posts

    38,661
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    103

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by adambr2

  1. Yelich 2018: wins MVP “great work, Yeli” Yelich 2026: strikes out swinging, but it took 10 pitches “great work, Yeli” My how the mighty have fallen.
  2. Pitch wasn’t even a strike but can’t really blame him for forcing the issue given the two guys after him batting 3rd and 4th have little to no shot at doing anything.
  3. We’d get a “no, I’m not waiving my no trade clause.”
  4. I didn’t realize when I typed this that giving the Tigers their 6th 9th and 14th best prospects is STILL giving them two top 100 prospects. That’s freaking disgusting. The Dodgers are basically us except with unlimited resources. There’s a reason we can never really expect to close the gap with them, just have to get lucky one year.
  5. Yelich hitting cleanup tonight. He’s obviously not a power hitter but hey, we got 3 spots closer!
  6. Is there anyone else currently on the 26 who can play 1B in a pinch? Sanchez I think? Just not sure Black will be the way to go if they prefer a little more versatile and defensive option. They’re surely not sticking Tyler Black in the outfield for a start.
  7. I actually don’t think it is that bad but it’s mostly because I think Jett is probably overrated and not going to be much. But any top 100 for 2 months of a struggling Peralta seems crazy to me. How many rentals even bring a top 100 back?
  8. In the end, he’ll be traded to the Dodgers for like their 6th, 9th, and 14th best prospects because that seems to be how it usually goes.
  9. If you consider Tobias for Sproat to be roughly a wash, help me understand why the Mets basically get a full refund on Peralta/Jett. Jett hasn’t increased his value but he still has the same amount of MLB control and it’s not like he fell off the map. He’s still a top 100 prospect. The market is valuing a year of control of a 2.70 ERA AS pitcher the same as a pitcher who has struggled to a 5 ERA this year and we get only for 2 months and can’t offer a QO to get anything back? Why are we always having to assume the position in big market trade speculation when the reality is almost always much different?
  10. It’s a lazy and overused comparison that really is no deeper in research and thought than “Corbin Burnes once had a terrible season, hence any pitcher who has a terrible season for us might also one day be Corbin Burnes.”
  11. Yeah, there’s no way we’re paying that to rent a struggling Peralta for 2 months. I can probably talk myself into Coleman Crow plus Brock Wilken and picking up the whole tab on Freddy. I don’t think that’s going to get it done.
  12. We would not be able to if we traded for him, no. The Mets can if they don’t trade him though, which is why I was saying any offer from us would at least have to beat that price.
  13. From a logic standpoint, it makes total sense. The Brewers could use rotation depth and Peralta has had a lot of success here. The Mets are contending and have no use for him. Optically, I think there is just too much to figure out. Stearns looks silly if he gives up two decent prospects for Peralta only to sell him months later for pennies on the dollar. And assuming Peralta is still QO worthy, he needs to get back compensation that at least exceeds a comp pick.
  14. He’s also a really bad defender. A straight platoon is fine at 1st, both Bauers and Vaughn have done decently enough against same handed pitching this year, but neither is so good at it that it offsets their defensive shortcomings. There is no need for Bauers to play outfield in any situation that isn’t a blowout or emergency situation. I guess I would be okay with it occasionally on Miz’s days when you expect a minimal number of balls in play with the assumption that he’ll be removed late. Other than that, if you want to work them both into the lineup, talk to the 96 wRC+ player who is hogging all the DH starts over Bauers’ 135 and Vaughn’s 143.
  15. Also, I know people don’t like rentals, for obvious reasons but the positive tradeoff is that they’re cheaper. Everyone loves control but if you don’t even know where a guy fits in next year or if there will even be a baseball season next year, sometimes it’s the way to go to fill short term holes with your excess Tyler Blacks and Brock Wilkins who aren’t a part of your future anyway. Historically the Brewers have had no problem going after rentals that they like.
  16. No, and to be clear I wouldn’t give up Made, nor do I think the Padres should have given up Devries. Pena is a little more interesting though, despite his ranking I think he’s pretty significantly behind Made and it may be tough to find where he fits.
  17. I mean, Devries wasn’t the consensus #1 but I think he was 2 or 3, he’s 2 now if I’m not mistaken. And those top few are essentially just pick your subjective favorite - you could make just as strong of a case right now for Devries as you can for Made.
  18. Great point and I actually just wrote a too long tangent about this in my previous post.
  19. Something I think that tends to get overlooked from the camp that just wants to keep all of our guys: When you trade prospects for a player or player(s), that value isn’t just gone forever. If the player is truly valuable, you’ll be able to recoup value later on him, and until then, you’ll get the production from that player to help you win now. It’s essentially what the Padres may in fact be doing with Miller. They did overpay for him, but if the Padres want to get some strong value back for Miller now, they’re going to get it. Yes, you may have to take a haircut on the original value because of less control, but in some cases the production still makes the player an elite trade asset. Look at all the guys we have given up value for that maybe we didn’t like at the time — Josh Hader and Caleb Durbin, for example, only to recoup value for the players in later trades.
  20. Curious to see what the consensus on this one is: if you could trade Luis Pena for Mason Miller straight up, would you do it? It’s not Devries, but they’re not going to get a Devries. Anyway I am in the camp that doubts that we will make a big “splash” move, but I would be surprised not to see some thorn before the deadline. Usually bullpen help.
  21. Probably it’s nuts yes. There’s a very limited amount of expanded spots so it’s not like the old days where you could just load up the bench and bullpen with extras for your run in September. I’d say no way for Made, he’s still very young and even for how good of a prospect he is, he’s still a work in progress even at Biloxi. He just would not have any role on this team. Fischer I could kind of sort of wrap my head around if I tried, maybe they want a guy in September that they could bring off the bench anytime in the late innings and have a chance to pop one, or maybe they want to give him a few starts at 3rd once things are winding down to give him a look. But even he is very very doubtful, the Brewers value flexibility and I don’t think they will want to go ahead and commit already to his 40 man roster spot,
  22. There is a way out for both sides in those situations but typically it involves behind closed doors discussions where there’s a “retirement” but the player still gets paid, i.e it’s not really a voluntary retirement but rather the player being forced out for a lack of production and still getting paid and getting to save face and look like they’re doing it on their terms in exchange for their cooperation. True “retirements” where a player voluntarily leaves money on the table to retire before their contract is up is pretty rare. Solomon Torres comes to mind.
×
×
  • Create New...