Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. I had season tickets in the student section in '06-07 and '07-08. Those were some good times. Didn't really get into it until after they won the natty. I loved seeing the Kohl Center packed against Michigan like it was back then. Wisconsin is a hockey and volleyball school now!
  2. I just hope to find out that we offered him a 2-yr contract and he turned it down.
  3. I’m happy for Toro, he’ll probably be in the starting lineup in Oakland.
  4. If the government is going to get in the business of stadium ownership then they need to be in the business of stadium maintenance. Or they need to be charging the Brewers enough rent to pay for the maintenance, which is well into the tens of millions of dollars annually. And that's just maintenance, not upgrades like a new scoreboard every 5 years. There probably should have been an additional pool of money to pay for these maintenance issues that were bound to pop up around the 25 year mark. These things are just money pits, period. Doubly so when you have a retractable roof. If the Brewers owned the stadium, their franchise value would go down. And we can't have that.
  5. I don't know anything about Weeks' personality so I have nothing to say there. Just speculation, but it feels like Weeks could be a good mentor for Chourio given Rickie hit the majors at age 20 and had to overcome some early struggles to become a productive major leaguer. I also like that we don't throw a first time manager straight into the fire. We'll know in a few years if Rickie is manager material or not.
  6. As long as the sucking doesn’t scare away recruits I don’t really care. Seems like they need to use the Deion Sanders approach on some of the leftover personnel from the previous era. Blow it all up, college football moves too quickly for a 3 year rebuild.
  7. Very heavy into cooking and baking unfortunately!
  8. Yeah those are for Seattle. The snow is definitely a big problem that I don't have to deal with although if the panels are sloped the snow should slide off. Honestly, even more than the solar panels I wish I could get rid of my natural gas service entirely (both for earthquake safety and climate reasons) -- but as with many green upgrades it's much easier to do it with new construction than retrofit an existing home. All I have is a gas furnace, a stove, and a fireplace, but I can't put in an induction stove without running another line to my kitchen and a heat pump has to wait until my furnace dies.
  9. From what I've seen you get about 25% as much generation in the winter as the summer -- although even that's pretty good given how dark it can get here. The panels are more efficient at colder temperatures which helps. There are 3-4 other houses on my block with solar panels, it's pretty common around here. Electricity is cheaper in the winter due to our abundant hydropower and lower usage, so you don't need to generate as much in the winter anyway. And in the summer when you're running A/C and electricity is more expensive, you're offsetting that with solar and likely generating excess that you sell back to the grid to offset future bills. And we have really sunny summers here. Ultimately I'm still balking at the up front price which is close to $20K even with no sales tax and the federal credits. If it was below $15K then I'd probably jump on it tomorrow.
  10. From the perspective of someone who doesn't live in the Midwest and follows a bunch of general baseball content on the web, Brewers/Cubs/Twins fans can kinda all be grouped together. Wisconsinites are the most feisty of the bunch for sure which I view as a good thing. And Milwaukee's inferiority complex is second to none, especially when compared with anything Chicago. But they all have more in common than they do differences, especially when compared with the coastal or southern MLB fans. The Brewers/Cubs rivalry at AmFam field is probably the most entertaining since it's mostly Wisconsin-based Cubs fans fighting Wisconsin-based Brewers fans. The Cubs fans that go to games in Chicago are like an entirely different fanbase.
  11. I would let Counsell have Murphy. The new manager should at least get to pick a new right hand guy.
  12. It feels like a sharp transition from what now is the abrupt end of the Stearns/Counsell era. And I think we can put it in the books as "good but not great". It remains to be seen if the competitive advantage from the pitching lab will fade as it gets copied or if our pitching dominance will continue. Chourio is the other wild card -- we haven't had a true impact bat since Braun retired and Yelich hurt his back. If we're about to enter the Chourio era our fortunes could change for the better.
  13. Having looked over on our sister site to see their opinion...this certainly came as much of a shock to them as it did to us and I their favorite part of it seems to be relishing in our misery. But quite a bit of skepticism about whether it was actually a good idea for the Cubs to do this. They are expecting a massive increase in payroll to go along with this, but I tend to wonder if part of the rationale from their ownership (who are notoriously cheap) is that Counsell can get them to the playoffs with a lower payroll. So Cubs fans might very well be disappointed with the offseason by the time March comes along.
  14. I think he wants his legacy to include more championships. He's tasted it twice and he wants another go as a manager. He knows what the odds are in a small market. It's a risky and arrogant move. It could backfire. It's way riskier than working with Stearns. He could easily clash with the Cubs' upper management and end up getting fired. Then he'll either have to manage again to get his reputation back or start apologizing to Wisconsin with his tail between his legs. And even with that he might still get booed at Sendik's.
  15. We got a Volvo XC40-Recharge in September. Got a pretty good deal on a lease. No complaints. Now I need to figure out solar panels, but that may wait to see if we move first. The estimates I got suggested it would pay for itself in 7 years.
  16. He wanted to be rid of the Brewers but close to family. He probably would have gone to New York if the Cubs hadn't swooped in with a 'can't refuse' offer. I'm glad Mark A threw some shade. When you lose someone of the stature of Counsell to a rival, without even getting a chance to counteroffer, you don't say "he'll always be a Brewer in our hearts" or something like that.
  17. I used to work at Culvers in high school...the biggest selling point is the huge menu and the ability to customize. All of the employees and many regular customers had their own custom menu items. You can add anything to a grilled cheese, for instance, and they have a number of types of bread and cheese to choose from and a good selection of high quality sauces. I don't know if it's still the case, but we could do most of the 'limited time' stuff on request even if it wasn't on the menu at the time. I usually ate various forms of a turkey melt, I can't even remember what the deli turkey was actually for haha. The cheese curds were good 20 years ago (has it really been 20 years since I worked there...ugggh), but are pretty mediocre by today's standards. Maybe it was just my pickiness but I also thought there were not many procedures in place to ensure consistency, so it wasn't uncommon for us to serve overcooked burgers. These days when I go back to Milwaukee I go straight from the airport to Kopps on 76th and Layton.
  18. Ahahahahaha that would be incredible.
  19. This is a tough position to be in with many of the good candidates already gone. Why weren't we interviewing them? I would have wanted Vogt.
  20. The Brewers were never going to get in a bidding war, especially for a manager. Once CC decided he wanted to manage in 2024, I was quite confident that he would be back in Milwaukee because of his desire to be close to family. I don't think the Mets were ever a serious possibility. When the offer came to stay close to home and make bank, I can see why he took it.
  21. And if there's one thing that Wisconsin fans value more than any other fanbase, it's loyalty. So yeah...he's going to be getting the full blown Manny Machado treatment.
  22. I do kinda get it...higher budget to work with, more money, and still close to home. But why stab us in the back Craig, whyyyyyy?????
  23. I never liked the guy anyway. (don't look at my avatar)
  24. Seems like a nothing burger to me, everyone already knew the Brewers would make an offer over that threshold. I just hope that if he does go to NY it's for some stupid dollar amount that will make me feel better about the whole thing. If he stays, then my reaction will be IN YOUR FACE NEW YORK TAKE THAT HAHA.
×
×
  • Create New...