Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. Ugh, this isn't getting overturned. Edit: glad to be wrong!
  2. Time to flip Chourio and Frelick.
  3. What an awesome piece of hitting by Chourio. Nods his head after getting the rookie strike zone from the ump and is ready for Varland when he tries to throw it to the same spot again.
  4. Fortunately Ueck sounds as good as ever.
  5. Looks like lovely weather in Wisconsin today
  6. You can probably park for free today and not worry about getting a ticket. IMO they should have scheduled an exhibition game to debut this and work out the kinks. Everyone will have it figured out in a week.
  7. I know I'm supposed to hate on Purdue and I could have won my family pool if Tennessee beat them, but I'm honestly pretty happy for them. That's a huge monkey off the back of Matt Painter.
  8. It could have been a non issue if either one of them was willing to let it go after the first 30 seconds. Now we're going to see what happens when Hoskins takes one in the ribs. Sign me up for some good old fashioned baseball drama.
  9. Not to overreact or anything, but we're gonna win it all this year.
  10. I feel like we're part of a Phillies/Mets dispute right now LOL.
  11. At least the Mets fans got something to cheer for.
  12. Peralta looks pretty good. Quintana has done a nice job of avoiding the middle of the plate. We just need to be patient with him.
  13. And the conservative stop sign costs us a run.
  14. I think Chourio decided he was going to take a strike before swinging and he never got one.
  15. I kind of love it, but I think long term he would be better off in the 2-hole behind Yelich. That's what the Mariners do with Julio Rodriguez and I think it benefits him to stand in the on deck circle and watch a veteran who knows how to work counts and draw walks at the plate (JP Crawford).
  16. "Hustle" and "Jesse Winker" do not go together.
  17. My wife and I are big Top Chef fans and are absolutely loving it. My wife is not from Wisconsin and only visited a few times, but she absolutely loves Wisconsin stereotypes and they are leaning hard into them. It's also a well-deserved spotlight for the highly underrated Milwaukee food scene. Fun fact -- I'll never be the most famous person from my high school class because of Charlie Berens 😂
  18. Yep. Based on that statement, I think it's more likely than not that Tuesday is his last game. He's not the kind of person who is going to draw attention to himself and have a big farewell. That said, my heart still hopes that he'll be his usual self on Tuesday and he'll do plenty of games this year.
  19. Record: 88-74 (1st NL Central) MVP: Contreras Cy Young: Peralta ROY: Chourio Top Newcomer: Chourio All Star(s): Contreras, Adames Breakout Player(s): Chourio, Uribe Disappointment(s): Hoskins (serviceable, but sub-.800 OPS) Bold Prediction(s): 88 wins is pretty bold and a lot needs to go right, but we're in a weak division and we just have to repeat what we did last year. No more serious injuries to key pieces. Chourio follows a Julio Rodriguez trajectory and is the best player on the team by the ASB. The core of Yelich, Adames, and Contreras all perform. We have the bats, we have young guys with upside, and we have a strong record of finding and developing pitching. Lets go.
  20. That statement doesn’t give me a good feeling at all about how Bob is doing.
  21. That's impossible to avoid. Teams with outdoor stadiums will continue to leave that gap day after their home opener whether it is the first or 10th game of the season.
  22. Oh, that makes sense. I think this is only the second year that they have tried to have all 30 teams playing on "opening day"? I still suspect that it would add enough logistical complexity that they wouldn't want to bother with it, but you never know. That got me thinking -- are there even enough stadiums to pull this off? Roof: Milwaukee, Toronto, Seattle, Arizona, Texas, Houston, Tampa, Miami Likely warm/dry-ish: San Diego, LA Dodgers, LA Angels, Atlanta So they still come up 3 short, since 5/8 of the domed stadiums are already in warm climates. Maybe you can add the marginal ones like San Francisco, Kansas City, and St. Louis...maybe Baltimore/DC as well...but it's not unheard of to have bad weather in those locations at this time of year. And then you would have a ton of teams always starting their season on a west/southwest road trip.
×
×
  • Create New...