Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

owbc

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by owbc

  1. I'm a couple episodes into Tiger King and starting to get bored. There better be more plot twists. The entire last episode could have been covered in about 10 minutes. That said, you couldn't write these characters.
  2. I'm a couple episodes into Tiger King and starting to get bored. There better be more plot twists. The entire last episode could have been covered in about 10 minutes. That said, you couldn't write these characters.
  3. There’s no way out of this now. This is on the scale of 9/11. The economic hit is going to be massive and it is going to take years to get out of the hole.
  4. Coronavirus has been going around Seattle for weeks. I’ve talked to several people who probably had it in February but there hasn’t been any testing yet. Expect to see hundreds of confirmed cases in the next week as widespread testing ramps up. Many of the school closures and work from home directives just went out this evening. Say what you want about whether it is dangerous or not but there’s going to be a huge hit to the economy...at least in the short term.
  5. I'm not very invested in this particular SCF but you can bet I'll have my eyes on a game 7.
  6. owbc

    New Music

    I was excited to see that Angels & Airwaves is back and their new single seems like classic Tom DeLonge. A few established indie rock favorites have new albums out--Andrew Bird and Local Natives. Some great tracks on both.
  7. Robinhood makes money by routing orders to high frequency trading firms so the idea is to make it as easy as possible to do trades since that's how they make money. The amount that gets skimmed off of each trade is minuscule, so as long as you aren't trading constantly every day it probably is a small price to pay for having 'free' transactions.
  8. It's kind of crazy how the Capitals were the underdog coming into this series. Nobody (outside of Vegas) wants the Knights to win, especially since they are going up against one of the longest suffering hockey fan bases.
  9. It's sad. Hockey could be #1 in sports headlines right now but instead the headline is for racist fans. I can't imagine how any league would turn down the free publicity of the Olympics, likely worth tens of millions of dollars or more, but here we are.
  10. AirBNB has been great from a vacation perspective...I've had a blast staying in people's vacation homes all over the place. I can't imagine why I would ever want to own a vacation/investment property when you can pay to stay in a different on every time, and they are often way nicer than anything I would ever be able to afford. But if you do own one, you can rent it out when you aren't there and it can potentially pay for itself or return a profit. I know someone making her entire salary via AirBNB.
  11. I'm thinking about buying some crypto for fun if Bitcoin goes below $10K. Agreed that it is best for play money...extremely dangerous for serious investment although a few have obviously gotten lucky. The most ridiculous thing about the crypto fad is how terrible it is for the environment. Governments are going to need to do something to discourage mining.
  12. It doesn't get said much but Wisconsin is a great basketball state. Interest in college basketball is much higher than most places. Lots of quality talent generated from the high school level. Hockey, in contrast, has never really caught on in Wisconsin. Maybe not having an NHL team is a part of that, but there simply are way less kids playing hockey in Wisconsin compared with neighboring states. Only 18,000 kids in youth hockey in WI compared with 50,000 in Michigan and 57,000 in Minnesota. Even Illinois has more. Obviously there are many dedicated hockey fans in the state, but an NHL team would have major work to do in order to increase hockey interest from casual sports fans.
×
×
  • Create New...