Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Game 4 - Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, Oct. 4th @ 12:00 PM


Posted

Welcome to week 4 of the NFL season and game 3 on the road already.  The Packers OL has spent a busy week and a half introducing themselves to each other.  Better late than never I guess. But who is ready to start is the big question. Will Zeitler have enough time (great German pun...) to be able to play this week? 

Tampa hasn't looked great either... but poor looking teams have looked great against the Packers so far this year.  The 91 degree temps in Tampa doesn't do us any favors either. 

 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm guessing Tomlinson plays and Zeitler is inactive.  If Zeitler gets two practices and the team decides he's already better than Jacob Monk, then the organization can get dumped on even more for thinking that Monk was an NFL starting caliber RG entering the season.

Posted

This game is going to go a long way in showing if this is one of the worst teams in the NFL or just a tad below mediocre.

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Posted

Aaron Banks and Jacob Monk didn't practice on Wednesday.  I'm already assuming Tomlinson in at LG although that is not a given.  If Monk is out, then it will be interesting to see if it is Zeitler, Burton or Jennings at RG.  Karl Brooks and Anthony Campbell also did not practice, but Warren Brinson did (but was limited).  DL is one of the deepest positions on the roster, even if all three miss the game, they still have Wyatt, Hargrave, Ford and McClellan in the rotation.

In addition to Baker Mayfield being injured, WR-Chris Godwin did not practice and starting RB-Bucky Irving was limited in practice.

Posted
3 hours ago, JosephC said:

Aaron Banks and Jacob Monk didn't practice on Wednesday.  I'm already assuming Tomlinson in at LG although that is not a given.  If Monk is out, then it will be interesting to see if it is Zeitler, Burton or Jennings at RG.  Karl Brooks and Anthony Campbell also did not practice, but Warren Brinson did (but was limited).  DL is one of the deepest positions on the roster, even if all three miss the game, they still have Wyatt, Hargrave, Ford and McClellan in the rotation.

In addition to Baker Mayfield being injured, WR-Chris Godwin did not practice and starting RB-Bucky Irving was limited in practice.

The articles I've read from two packer site seem to have Tomlinson as a foregone conclusion at LG.  They were also reporting that Zeitler, Jennings, and Glover were working at RG.  Zeitler would start if he is ready (physically and understanding the offensive calls).  Becton sounds like his is further from ready as he was more recently recovered from an injury. 

"Rock, sometime, when the team is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Uecker. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock but I'll know about it; and I'll be happy."

Posted

Aaron Banks and Jacob Monk did not practice at all again on Thursday, and now Jager Burton has shown up on the list as having a limited practice with a groin injury.  Warren Brinson went from a limited practice on Wednesday to not practicing on Thursday, while the opposite was true with Karl Brooks.

Chris Godwin had a full practice on Thursday, which should be a big help to the undrafted rookie QB.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

Bay of Pigs!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted

Packers-

OUT = OG-Aaron Banks, OG-Jacob Monk, DT-Warren Brinson, DT-Anthony Campbell

QUESTIONABLE = OG-Jager Burton, LB-Edgerrin Cooper

Bucs-

OUT = QB-Baker Mayfield, TE-Ko Kieft, LB-Rueben Bain, CB-Benjamin Morrison

QUESTIONABLE = DT-Rakeem Nunez-Roches, LB-SirVocea Dennis, CB-Jacob Parrish

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Posted

Cooper is out of concussion protocol

  • Like 1
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006
Posted

And how do you not hang on to a perfect pass practically uncovered? On the bright side, the O- line looked like competent.

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Posted
1 minute ago, adambr2 said:

Who punts on 4th and 2 from the edge of FG range ?

Matt LeFleur

  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Posted
2 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

That has to be our longest run of the season. 

We might have the worst set of running backs in the NFL.

Posted
5 minutes ago, yourout said:

We might have the worst set of running backs in the NFL.

They're certainly not goal to go backs. We need a bruiser back there. I'd go pass, pass, pass now.

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Posted
Just now, Fear The Chorizo said:

Today's NFL is a brutal watch...barely into October and there are unwatchable games all over the schedule already.

Including Packers / Bucs

I attempted to watch the London game. That was brutal.

You think you can hurt me? I watch Wisconsin sports. You can't hurt me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.

×
×
  • Create New...