I don't think he would have been. He was pretty much on the roster because we were desperate for arms early in the year. Henderson was also out for awhile. If I had to rank our SP coming into the season (assuming everyone was healthy) it likely would have been:
1) Woodruff
2) Priester
3) Miz
4) Henderson
5) Patrick
- Harrison, Drohan, Gasser, Sproat, Crow
The fact that our Top 2 barely pitched this season, #4 was hurt for the first half, and #5 end up primarily in the bullpen, yet we still have the best record in baseball is crazy.
Looking ahead to 2027, it would seem that Miz and Henderson are the only locks for the rotation, with Harrison, Priester, Drohan, Gasser, Sproat, and Crow in the mix for the other 3 spots, and maybe Patrick.
April/May Harrison would be a lock, but June-September Harrison is JAG. I keep reminding myself how young that group is, so if we have a season, expecting some continued improvement/composure is definitely possible