Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

  1. Why let Regnifo bat there? Inexcusable . Get his sorry arse out of there
  2. I agree with all of your comments. And I agree that a couple Spot starts are no big deal… but i think my original point was… with Priester, Woody, and now Henderson on the IL, we really only have 2 reliable starters (3 if Patrick stays in the rotation). I have no issue with Gasser getting a handful of spot starts the rest of the way. I do think we have an issue if Sproat/Gasser get 40% of the starts over the remaining 100+ games. Given that we might not get Woody or Priester to pitch meaningful innings this year, and we’d probably like to keep Patrick in his elite bullpen role if we can, it probably means that we are likely to need another consistent starter at some point this year.
  3. He's been healthy enough to pitch in 9 games over the past 2.5 seasons. He'll be 27 on Sunday and has a career 42 innings pitched. Yes, his five game start in 2024 looked exciting, but he was injured almost all of last year, and looks lousy this year (i get he's rehabbing)... This might be his ceiling (as it appears it was for Durbin and Collins) If Priester doesn't pitch at all this year at the MLB level and then comes back in gets shelled a couple times while walking half the batters he faces, I'll feel the same way, but atleast Priester pitched a full solid season and had a top tier pedigree. I want Gasser to do well. I just don't think we can win the #1 seed (which last year proved is vital for us to have a shot at the World Series) if two of our pitchers (Gasser and Sproat) are only giving us short outings, with a 6 ERA, and a WHIP of 1.50. Why not use Gasser out of the bullpen to help him "ease back" and once he demonstrates success at being able to throw strikes and get outs, then we gradually stretch him out the next time we have a rotation opening.
  4. Freddy Peralta (just to watch heads explode) we roll with some combo of Miz, Harrison, Patrick, Henderson in the playoffs…. but Peralta replacing Sproat or Gasser gets us the 1 seed. plug in Jett, Pratt, and Lockridge and I think we clean up the black holes in our lineup.
  5. If we could trade Gasser and Hall for Peralta, not sure how anyone could argue that this wouldn’t make our team better. hell, well even throw in Rengifo and Hamilton for free 🤓 with a healthy QP, Woody, Miz, Harrison, and Henderson (and crow in reserve, we don’t need Peralta), but given Spoat and Gasser’s struggles, having Peralta replace them in the rotation easily makes this team better
  6. 100%. The Burnes and Hader trades were disasters. A one-year 5 WAR player is much harder to find than a 5 year 1 WAR player. the trade of Ruiz for Contreras is an A++++ I think the Gasser hype (for a guy who has never really shown much) or the Gasser apologists are trying to justify what was an awful Hader trade.
  7. I agree that Miz has passed Skenes this year, but so has Sanchez. If Sanchez breaks the scoreless innings record, he’s pretty much a lock for CY imo
  8. Totally agree that we need an upgrade on the left side. Given how bad those 3 have been, an upgrade should not be that difficult or expensive to find. arguing we don’t need an upgrade is one thing, not being willing to pay a top 5 prospect is another. i would think most would agree we should bring up one/multiple of the kids in early June (past Super 2). Give them a shot to see what they can do, but still plan (for at minimum) 1-2 2018 type trades to address the infield and most likely bringing in an outfield. our midseason relief trades have rarely panned out, so I’m comfortable with what we have there. Maybe move Sproat to the bullpen, especially as we get to the late season and don’t need a 5th/6th starter
  9. I don’t think that qualifies. Did we get a couple bargain pieces… yes, but I can’t think of a single example (Since Sabathia) where we went for it and got a top tier deadline player. that said, the reality is, that top tier players seem to be rarely available at the deadline these days. I’m not sure if that is because players are traded earlier in the offseason with a full year of control, or more teams are holding out for comp picks instead of mid-tier prospects… but regardless, as much as we want to go for a top tier acquisition, it just doesn’t happen that often anymore
  10. I love Aaron Ashby. What a crazy game.keep it going gents! the best is yet to come when we promote some young guys to take the place of our beleaguered bottom half of the lineup!
  11. Amen to that. Though not much to write home about. We’re getting no-hit by a scrub.
  12. For sure. Patrick and Drohan are getting results. Gasser and Sproat, not so much with the injuries, though we might need them all.
  13. Especially with what we are paying him. Why pay a guy that kind of money to be the soft side of a platoon
  14. I loved what Frelick brought to the table last year, but I’m worried that was a flash in the pan. He is looking more and more unplayable. that said, if we can avoid black holes at 3B, SS, and the other OF spot, it’s easier to buy some time for Frelick to improve
  15. I think the point is… during the regular season, it’s much easier to outpefork because we collectively are facing less talented competition…. when we get to the playoffs, you are now facing only elite folks and it’s much harder to outperform, which is why (despite all our regular season success) we only have 2 playoff series wins in the past decade. if we want to win in the playoffs, I think it’s pretty clear we need more elite talent. Since prospects are so important to use to stay consistently good, that potentially makes rentals more attractive because they cost less. being relevant year after year since 2018 has been amazing, largely because it has never happened before for brewers fans (I’ve been following the team closely since the late 80s). that said, aside from incredible luck, not sure how we overcome a team like the dodgers without atleast some infusion of talent. An infusion of talent reduces our chances for sustained success and is no guarantee of getting over the hump.., but I understand why some folks would rather trade some 90 win (no playoff series wins) seasons for a chance at a 100 win (World Series appearance) season while also understanding that there may be a losing season here or there that comes with it.
  16. What would a Brewers offer for Skubal look like?
  17. Great person and I agree that I hope he’s ok, but playing on a mlb roster is not a participation trophy. i’ve known some great talent that goes on and make $300 million, and some that never get more than a cup of coffee in their career. fact is, at this point, he’s not a mlb worthy player
  18. Let’s go Brewers!! Untuck em! Take the extra base. Put on the hit and run up 12. we may have struggled against the Dodgers, but we can certainly beat up our little brother on the basepaths. i was just thinking about Ben Sheets 18k performance today. Would love to see Miz break out 19 today in the shadows.
  19. You’d have Freddy behind Henderson? I generally got sick of “big game Freddy” as well, but he was clutch for us last year and would be the only starter on our roster with sustained success at this point. if we’re throwing AAAA players like Sproat and Gasser, we’d definitely have room for Freddy. i get your point though. If Jett can take over and free us from the Hamilton/Rengifo experiment… that would help.
  20. Who says no? Sure looks like Caleb isn’t going to be a fit in Boston. Hard to see Gasser part of our plan here. change of scenery swap for both teams? Maybe Durbin comes back, figures it out at AAA, and then gets comfortable here again like he did last year? I know we have Jett and Pratt on the way, but with Jett’s versatility, he might be needed to jump start in the outfield. Young players with a bat that can play will find time here. Durbin might have been a flash in the pan last year (thanks for getting us Harrison), but given his success here, I’d be for going him another shot.
  21. You are probably right. And that might be our fate… so that leaves us with 2 choices. be content with making the playoffs but never really making noise (Packers) or be willing to have a down season here/there to load up and “go for it” every so often. guessing our cheap owner will stick with #1 so he/ownership can pocket $50 million whenever we host 5 playoff games. this is a fun summer team, but it’s going to take a Sabathia/Greinke type move on top of a strong core to probably make the WS. Even then, there is no guarantee (see the Padres the past few years)
  22. I think we still have a chance, but this shows you just how important the number one seed is. Last year was pretty optimal with LA getting the third seed… unfortunately Philadelphia just crapped the bed. I could see a scenario this year where we are the number one seat. The Braves are number two and the Dodgers are number three.. maybe Atlanta gets lucky and knocked off the Dodgers in the divisional round. I’m sure the Braves would be tough, but they are not the Dodgers.
×
×
  • Create New...