Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by TwinsBrewersWorldSeries

  1. Sorry, yes! I miss Willy too, but I meant Freddy.. I agree with the post above that having two elite starters could be a real advantage this year compared to previous… but we definitely need to get a number three. could be Patrick or Henderson, but it’s definitely not Sproat or Gasser. We don’t know what we have yet with Crow, and it seems wise to be dependent on Woodruff or Priester right now
  2. And a starting pitcher who can consistently get us five innings with an earned run average under four.
  3. Sorry. My bad. I was stuck at an event with my in-laws… and couldn’t watch the ladder part of today’s game. I probably did not miss anything worth watching.
  4. When Murphy said that sproat is really impressing his manager the other day, I wanted to throw things. Yes he can throw 100 mph, but he can’t get anybody out. Well, I am not convinced that this guy is a major league pitcher, let’s move them to the bullpen and instruct him to throw strikes and get guys out by throwing gas. If he can add value in that role, awesome. That makes it easier to use Patrick in the rotation. But they’re simply is no reason to give sprout any more starts at the expense of Patrick starting ( I fully realize we’ll likely be starting Sproat now every 5th day until some of our injured guys are back)
  5. Make it so. Murphy will give Rengifo another 300 abs if we let him. I love the culture Murph brings to our team, but he can only play the players that we give him. Right now we have almost 10 players that don’t really bring any value to this roster.
  6. I remember Burnes being a highly regarded prospect though. Has Sproat ever been? Seemed like a “‘ second piece or “throw in” to me with Jett being the headliner. we have a glaring opportunity for jet to show the trading Peralta was worth it. I know. Willy hasn’t been an all start this far, but a durable starter putting up a 350 ERA would be really valuable for the Brewers right now.
  7. Agreed. We have made some outstanding trades. But also some duds. sproat, rengifo, and Perkins are just not MLB players. If Ortiz is going to be our guy for defense, I’m good with that, but we don’t have room for him and Hamilton. its time to pull the trigger on Lara, Pratt, and Williams, and we should be working the phones hard for a starting pitcher if Priester or Woodruff aren’t going to be available soon
  8. Yeah, time to send him down to AAA. He just has not shown he has what it takes to be a MLB starter. not sure what our record is when he starts, but I feel like it’s pretty close to an automatic loss
  9. Let’s go Sproat!! Prove to me that 5.84 era and 1.50 whip are a mirage :)
  10. I would agree with this. I would be over the moon if Made becomes this type of player with that value. Given our elite pitching right now and Jackson coming into his prime while we still have William and Bryce, I would do this. it would of course depend on what else they wanted. Yeah, he’s not locked in past 2030… but we might not want to pay for his post-prime anyways.
  11. Not me. I was a hard pass. Not many interesting players available at the deadline last year. could potentially be a bunch this year through. Durban > Suarez… yes, I’m still a Durbin fanboy despite his struggles this year, and yes, I still dislike Siegler
  12. I’m thinking of rebalancing a bit away from tech and harvesting some of the gains over the past 12-18 months. Anyone else thinking of doing the same. was tempted to shift some more into fixed income after the last peak, but I know trying to time the market never works
  13. That would really help our offense. Maybe I have rosy colored glasses, but it seemed like Frelick was a solid spark plug for us in the leadoff spot last year. Ben’s got to get it going before we can bat him lead off again though.
  14. Let’s go Sproat. I want to Gloat. From my boat when I get to vote about the most dominant player who wrote the definitive story of our second victory against the Astros. Don’t bloat and bring a coat, pitch a no hitter, use less than 90 pitches, then come float in the pool.
  15. Vaughn is a platoon player at the moment. I can’t see paying him $10M+ to be a part time player. WC is a better player now and it likely to be for the next 1.5 years. Who cares how good Vaughn is 2 years from now (maybe 1 year from now) when he plays for someone else. i loved Vaughn mania last year, but we need a better full time player like WC
  16. Losing the 2027 season would really stink. I hope both sides don’t let it come to that. there has been positive momentum in the game (LA’s WS wins not withstanding) and it felt like it took years (and Ripken’s special moment) to come back from that.
×
×
  • Create New...