Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

JCREW

Verified Member
  • Posts

    627
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by JCREW

  1. If Turang is gonna be sketchy at 2B all of a sudden, we may as well give him a week or two at short to at least see what happens. (Collins, Durbin, or a Trade at 2B/3B)
  2. It seems like just yesterday, the Reds had way too many controllable, projectable infielders. What happened?
  3. Just the math I did on the brewers… it could be wrong. revenue of $335M payroll of $125M operating income of $24M if the payroll had been $167.5M (Half of revenue), then it would be $42.5M higher than it actually was. if their operating income was only $24M, then spending $42.5M more on players would put them at a loss for the year. I'm not an accountant or an economist, so I may be understanding some of those terms wrong. I’d be happy to be corrected and be smarter tomorrow than I am today.
  4. This is so interesting. It suggests that if half of revenue went to players, basically all franchises would operate at a loss. Am I reading that right? I suppose that operating a stadium for 81 games a year is a higher cost than the other sports. This sounds childish, but I wonder what owners ACTUALLY, REASONABLY hope to achieve with a salary cap. If they want to guarantee that they keep a bigger piece of the pie, the players are going to fight that tooth and nail. If they want to increase competition, a salary cap won't keep CHW, ATH, and PIT from tanking. Huge small market bias here, but both sides want things to change, so what to do? Here's another plausible list. - more money goes to minor league, pre-arb, and arbitration players - the owners get more taxation on extreme salaries or extreme payrolls (enough that it acts like a soft cap) - some of that taxation goes toward player benefits - some of that taxation goes toward revenue sharing - penalties (payments into a player fund of some sort) for tanking or tiny payrolls
  5. Yeli in left? Frelick in center? Collins in right? Let JackJack rest the hammy. or start Perk, DH Yeli, and let Contreras have a full day off.
  6. It’s not hate or disgust for me. Just pure schadenfreude. The picking up the bullpen phone before the ball landed video was glorious.
  7. Conspiracy Theory: they talked to him before the game about switching back to SS and it got in his head.
  8. Definitely foul. Ooops. I'm so sad that they got the call wrong, especially after the last week work of anti-MKE calls.
  9. I should have clarified... 2 years pre-arb 4 years of arb control
  10. I actually wouldn't mind a longer look at McGee. He only has 16.2 Major League innings over four injury-riddled years. Particularly, he had a snake-bitten start where he pitched 6.2 innings of one-hit, one-walk ball. He apparently wrecked his elbow in that start, and had TJ surgery right after that. Notably, congratulating him from 3B after that start was one Eugenio Suarez... 🤔
  11. I'm only saing this with prayers for a reverse jinx. Keston Hiura
  12. Yeah, I noticed the regression. Still was puzzling. My current best outcome for Shane Smith is to - win the Cy Young 3 years in a row - have the Cubs mortgage the farm system to trade for him - sign a $1Billion extension with the Cubs - start being a bad pitcher - walk off into the sunset with all the Cubs' money, hopes, and dreams.
  13. Vaughn and Chourio are two of the top three in WPA since July 1
  14. So it wasn't the shoulder he injured last year? phew!!
  15. Do the bad hits/runs move the WPA by negative 20 points or more?
  16. I would rather put a little bit of downward pressure on the Sotos, Ohtanis, and Scherzers of the world if it meant we didn't lose a season of prime Chourio to a lockout/strike.
  17. I think if you had a rental in a position of extreme need, then you could get to Pratt or Henderson for a rental. (Frankie Lindor or Bobby Witt Jr. was available as a rental right now, I would do Pratt or Henderson in a flash.)
  18. This. I couldn't think of the right wording for what you said, and didn't want to "call out" other posters. But if it had taken the whole pool + 5% to sign the guys that we did get, we would all be singing high praise for Tod and the gang.
  19. If it weren't for Shane Smith (vomits, then weeps), I would say that CHW's player development team needs to be voted off the island by the owners and the players' union. They seem to be bad for most baseball players.
  20. Has anything been published on that? Last I heard, he got hit in the shoulder in a player collision and "felt something."
×
×
  • Create New...