Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

JCREW

Verified Member
  • Posts

    627
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by JCREW

  1. I understand win probability and run expectancy as two different stats. And I think Umpire Scorecard is great... no shade. However, the outcomes of the three listed at bats mean that only the bad strike call to Mitchell impacted the game all that much. I wish there was a way to blend the run expectancy from the given pitch with the eventual result of the at bat. I know it's homerism, but the misses that went against the Brewers felt more egregious than UmpScorecard has them.
  2. Murphy wanted to make sure the vicious Chicago media didn’t ask him any questions about the Brewers swinging for the lake.
  3. Yelich out?? Sanchez in. woof. That’s not how I was hoping for this dilemma to get answered.
  4. McCalvy on Twitter: Cubs say 8:30 first pitch.
  5. I think they gotta option a young outfielder. But I dont like that.
  6. So Williams pitched on Sunday. Could he go on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and be back in MKE next Monday for the start of the ATL series?
  7. If it was May 21, I would say, "of course." Now that we're about a week from the deadline, I'd rather they go after a more impactful arm and save the tinkering for the offseason and next spring.
  8. I want to be cautious with judgement until the trade deadline passes (no move happens in a vacuum). And I don’t want to hug prospects at the expense of the playoffs. However, I don’t understand why they believe this guy is worth a 40-man spot on July 21. Much less on whatever day Hall, Williams, and Ross are off the IL.
  9. Nevermind. Kuhnel had taken Gasser's spot on the 40 and CFRod's spot on the 26 Haase and Keuchel took Ross and Kuhnel's spots on the 40 man Haase and Keuchel took Sanchez and Kuhnel's spots on the 26
  10. And we still need Kuechel to get added to the 40 man??
  11. I have a quick thought; It's short, but not terse. We need a whole thread Devoted to verse. This team's winning ways Deserve more than prose, And poetic rhymes Will ease all our woes. In Treego's honor, Just give yourself time For poetic thought Submit your best rhyme.
  12. I have a quick thought; It's short, but not terse. We need a whole thread Devoted to verse. This team's winning ways Deserve more than prose, And poetic rhymes Will ease all our woes. In Treego's honor, Just give yourself time For poetic thought Submit your best rhyme.
  13. I live down south and was at the game at Gwinnett yesterday (6/16). DL Hall pitched the first two innings. The Gwinnett hitters just looked off balance against Hall. Hall was sitting 91-93 I went out by the bullpen with my kids to watch Ashby warm up. He was definitely working on stuff. He seemed to be checking with the BP catcher and other pitchers on the way his breaking pitches were coming out of the hand and whether they had late movement or not. Once he got into the game, he gave up quite a bit of hard contact. His fastball was sitting 93-95, but the Gwinnett hitters seemed much more at ease facing Ashby than Hall. I'm hoping that he's refining somethings with his breaking pitches, and will eventually be able to live around 94 with good breaking stuff.
  14. I think JD Martinez plays dirty. This is 95% on him, 5% on pitch framing. Last year he hit William's glove twice in a game against the Dodgers. I don't have video, but it seemed to me like once he got in a bad count, he was looking for the catcher's glove and swinging at it.
  15. my gut instinct was that the front office just wanted to offset the two suspensions so that they aren't happening concurrently. uribe can work on some things in aaa. then he can come back up and serve his suspension once we have hall, gasser, junk, or someone else back off the il. and crucially, when bryse wilson can be back in the pen eating innings. it feels a little bit manipulative, but since freddy's suspension was completely unwarranted, i don't mind it one bit.
  16. Yeah, he had really found his swing again.
  17. Jackson Chourio Lots of ink saying he's been fine tuning his approach. Mega second half in Biloxi, cup of coffee in Nashville, 2024 ROY. Jeferson QueroJacob MisiorowskiTyler BlackRobert Gasser Ranked highish because of his proximity to the big leagues... not many chances to wash out anymore. Sal Frelick Probably doesn't deserve to be this low, but its a testament to the ascension of some of the other youngsters. Abner Uribe I think he lights it up in MLB and helps this year's team hold enough leads to win the division. Josh Knoth High hopes for this draft pick.Carlos F Rodriguez If he was closer to the majors, I'd have him a bit higher. Cooper Pratt Sign him, preferably by yesterday. Yophery Rodriguez The next big helium guy. Luis Lara Candidate number 2 for next big heliumBrock WilkenDaniel Guilarte Get back to full health!!Eric Brown JrEric BitontiJustin JarvisMike BoeveFreddy ZamoraRobert Moore K% is down below 17%
  18. I wonder if the specter of a Soto trade is holding up Bell action… especially if the Nats are seeking high minors guys. if the Padres were leading with Campusano for Soto, the Nats might not be bullish on a Bell deal that led with someone like Feliciano or Quero.
  19. I wonder if the specter of a Soto trade is holding up Bell action… especially if the Nats are seeking high minors guys. if the Padres were leading with Campusano for Soto, the Nats might not be bullish on a Bell deal that led with someone like Feliciano or Quero.
  20. The Hall of Fame will always be a lightning rod of sorts. I'm glad for a good, if overdue, decision being made. Beautiful article. Thank you for writing it. Thank you for shining a light on a life well-lived.
  21. There are two huge holes in our offense: CF against LHP (more than .100 ops below average) and 1B against LHP (more than .080 ops below average)( DH against LHP is probably the next on the list) (excessive parentheses are above average). Everything else on the roster grades out average or better. If Hiura had normal splits instead of reverse splits, then it would be a no-brainer to upgrade at CF. I really appreciate the article, and the data (especially against LHP supports it). Rowdy and Keston both grade out poorly on defense. Whether the eye-test agrees, I don’t know. If there was a guy who had great defense, could mash lefties, and cost an organizational 11 or lower prospect, then yes, Get that guy. But I get tied up on the emotional part of it. My kids LOVE Rowdy. Their first game in over a year (because I am rarely in WI) was Tuesday, when Rowdy’s home run was the main bright spot. So while Keston and Rowdy have their flaws, I love sharing moments with my kids. The moment will rarely be the World Series. But as long as the moments of jumping off the couch, screaming “Rowdybomb!!!” exist, I will be happy.
×
×
  • Create New...