Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Eye Black

Verified Member
  • Posts

    12,448
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Eye Black

  1. Looking at Laureano’s home runs this season his swing seems geared towards AmFam Field. He has hit 16 balls that would’ve been over the wall in Milwaukee, but his season total is at just 10 HR (yes I realize half his games would be away).
  2. Looking at Laureano’s home runs this season his swing seems geared towards AmFam Field. He has hit 16 balls that would’ve been over the wall in Milwaukee, but his season total is at just 10 HR (yes I realize half his games would be away).
  3. Laureano is actually still arbitration eligible for three years after this season. The lost service time from his PED suspension resulted in him being under team control for an additional season.
  4. Laureano is actually still arbitration eligible for three years after this season. The lost service time from his PED suspension resulted in him being under team control for an additional season.
  5. Oops, I missed this post before commenting. Looks like you covered it already, seems likely someone among that pool is on the move.
  6. Oops, I missed this post before commenting. Looks like you covered it already, seems likely someone among that pool is on the move.
  7. Notable players that will be Rule 5 Draft eligible this coming December if they aren’t added to the 40-man roster: Brice Turang Felix Valerio Antonie Kelly Cam Devanney Thomas Dillard Abner Uribe Joe Gray Jr. Tristan Lutz Micah Bello Victor Castaneda Cam Robinson Taylor Floyd Carlos Rodriguez (OF) Justin Jarvis Eduardo Garcia I think it’s likely we see someone from that list traded this week. Also, 40-man roster guys who aren’t on the active roster are possibilities such as Ethan Small, Keston Hiura, and Mario Feliciano,
  8. Notable players that will be Rule 5 Draft eligible this coming December if they aren’t added to the 40-man roster: Brice Turang Felix Valerio Antonie Kelly Cam Devanney Thomas Dillard Abner Uribe Joe Gray Jr. Tristan Lutz Micah Bello Victor Castaneda Cam Robinson Taylor Floyd Carlos Rodriguez (OF) Justin Jarvis Eduardo Garcia I think it’s likely we see someone from that list traded this week. Also, 40-man roster guys who aren’t on the active roster are possibilities such as Ethan Small, Keston Hiura, and Mario Feliciano,
  9. Bummed about the YouTube TV news because I was about to pull the trigger on switching to that option (currently have DirecTV). I really wish I could just pay for a version of MLB.tv that allowed in-market viewing of Brewers games.
  10. The Marlins are reportedly calling up Isan Diaz. Genuinely happy for him, he was among my favorite prospects that have spent time in the Brewers system over the past decade.
  11. Going into tonight’s game Christian Yelich has a home run every 9.035 at bats this season. That would rank 11th all-time in the history of baseball for a single season if he continues the same pace the remainder of the season (B-Ref Link). The current list is a combination of PED users and Babe Ruth... [pre]Rank Player (age that year) AB per HR Year 1. Barry Bonds (36) 6.52 2001 2. Mark McGwire (34) 7.27 1998 3. Mark McGwire (35) 8.02 1999 4. Mark McGwire (32) 8.13 1996 5. Barry Bonds (39) 8.29 2004 6. Babe Ruth (25) 8.48 1920 7. Barry Bonds (38) 8.67 2003 8. Barry Bonds (37) 8.76 2002 9. Babe Ruth (32) 9.00 1927 10. Sammy Sosa (32) 9.02 2001 11. Babe Ruth (26) 9.15 1921[/pre]
  12. I think there are varying degrees of that theory. I would certainly never say MLB team X won’t trade with team Y, and I can’t think of any circumstances which would lead to that type of firm stance. I do think it is plausible that a front office would feel some pressure to “win the trade” if they are going to do repeat business with the team they just shipped away the league MVP to a year earlier, especially if it involves more high profile players. Maybe that thought is indeed a little out there and all of the executives now are able to robotically value players with zero consideration towards past results (not trying to be snide, this very well could be the case), but I also don’t think it shouldn’t be completely dismissed that the human element could seep into the back of their minds while evaluating offers from multiple teams. Ultimately are they most likely going to take what they deem is the best offer regardless of this history? I would assume yes. It is also probably a little premature to make any definitive conclusions regarding any of the players involved in the trade, including Yamamoto after two (very impressive) MLB starts. I genuinely hope Yamamoto continues his success, and would be perfectly fine with it being a trade which works out well for both sides over the long run.
  13. For the Netflix crowd I highly recommend “Shot in the Dark”, it is the documentary TV series and is basically the real-life version of the movie Nightcrawler.
  14. Richard Justice of MLB.com listed his 10 dark horse MVP candidates for 2018 which includes both Christian Yelich and Travis Shaw.
  15. Yes, he did interviews at the fan fest event last weekend. He also did an interview with Barstool Radio that isn’t safe to post here, but you can find if you search for it on Twitter (warning, the host is extremely annoying, vulgar and lewd).
  16. Newest article from Travis Sawchik of Fangraphs: Christian Yelich’s Arrow Is Pointing Up
  17. Lathund’s post above (#348) is really spot on. If you’re someone who occasionally passes over the longer posts, I encourage you to take the time to go back and read it. It sums up nicely a lot of the thoughts I’m sure many of us have had about the recent moves.
  18. To bad Gerrit Cole is no longer in the division, Yelich’s career line versus Cole: 9 hits in 17 ABs, 2 doubles, 3 HRs, 3 BB, 1.776 OPS. He has also excelled against some other notable pitchers including Max Scherzer (7–for-17, 2B, 3B, 2 HRs, 2 BB, 1.415 OPS), Jacob deGrom (14-for-32, 2 2Bs, 2 BB, .971 OPS), and Aaron Nola (6-for-16, 2B, 3B, BB, 1.125 OPS). He’s also 5-for-11 against Kershaw (all singles). All are extremely small sample sizes obviously.
  19. Somewhat interesting... If you go to either Lorenzo Cain or Christian Yelich's Baseball Reference page, they are both listed as each others match as 2nd closest batter all-time in Similarity Score.
  20. Nicely distributed batted ball approach (Career Percentages)... [pre]Pull% Cent% Oppo% 32.2 % 38.2 % 29.6 %[/pre]
  21. I am not sure if this has been posted, but worth the read from Fangraphs: The Brewers Are Here I thought this was a fun fact... ...and there are plenty more, so check out the article.
  22. Gee I hope not. Don't mess with success. Throw him in the lineup with the same swing and approach and naturally let a few more of those balls he hits wind up over the fence. We’ll see, I think there is a decent chance we will see them try it with him. This also reminded me that Barry Bonds was his hitting coach at one point which made me chuckle for really no reason.
  23. Miller Park is a better offensive park than what he's used to. I would imagine that evens out some. Dan Szymborski said Miller Park is typically the 2nd or 3rd friendliest park to left handed hitters in MLB. He believes the Brewers will try to get Yelich to focus on more loft in his swing. Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs has had a couple articles on Yelich where he pointed out that Marlins Park really suppress left handed power. The ZiPs projection added a few home runs to Yelich’s 2018 projected total after the trade.
  24. I’m with you on Lutz. If reports of his pre-draft 110-mph exit velocities are accurate he has a chance to be a difference maker with the bat.
  25. Lewis Brinson (Tweet) seems pretty happy to being going back to where he grew up.
×
×
  • Create New...