Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. I do not assume that the Cubs winning is inevitable. I would just prefer that the Brewers stop opening the door and inviting them to make a move. The Phillies have already taken advantage of that opportunity to cut a 9 game deficit to one and a half games. The Cubs haven’t made as much progress but we can’t assume they won’t.
  2. I was merely correcting the poster who said they would have to go undefeated the rest of the way.
  3. The biggest question for that game is whether the Pirates will score a run to give Skenes and the Pirates bullpen a chance to win.
  4. Thank you for the tutorial, but I know it’s baseball and I know that bad teams win games against good teams, I did not say that I demand, or even expect a sweep, just that I will be disappointed if they don’t get it. I’m sorry if that’s considered unreasonable. I am enjoying the last part of the season. It’s fun having games that you can look forward to every day that have a bearing on reaching goals all teams have. There have been many, many years where that wasn’t the case. But, when the team is in prime, position to get a first round bye it would be pretty upsetting to cough it up, and over to the Cubs no less. BTW, your arithmetic is wrong. If the Brewers finish 6-6 the Cubs only have to go 11-1 to win the division. I’m probably more concerned about the Brewers part of that equation. If they don’t win the Angels series they would have to make that up against better teams.
  5. 5 game lead with 12 games to go. I’m going to be disappointed if the Brewers don’t sweep this series. This will be the first time since the Pirates provided the last 3 wins to secure the George Webb burgers that the Brewers will be playing a team at home that has no playoff possibilities at all. It’s also the most favorable series they have left. If they don’t at least win the series some alarm bells might be going off.
  6. Now 9-2 with one more the final day of the season.
  7. Monasterio doesn’t have enough of a track record to tell you what he would be like as a hitter if he played full time.
  8. No. I’m telling you that the Bauers and Monasterio situations are not the same. Bauers has been hitting well, so against a RHP he’s a logical choice because he provides as much of a chance as Hoskins or Vaughn to have success at the plate AND he’s better than either of them defensively. With Monasterio over Ortiz you are accepting a clear downgrade defensively in exchange for what you hope might be an upgrade offensively.
  9. I would say he’s collecting a lot of money looking forward to the playoffs and planning for free agency. .
  10. Bauers is the best defensive 1B on the team. Monasteries is not the best defensive SS
  11. Hopefully Monasterio won’t display his defensive weakness like he did in the last game we went to, the only loss we’ve seen this season.
  12. Jansen and Monasterio both in the lineup today with Bauers at 1B and Contreras completely off.
  13. To be accurate, though, the “Sunday lineups” don’t show up every Sunday and sometimes appear randomly or on weekday afternoons. At a glance it looks the Cards might be going with a Sunday lineup today to face The Nibbler.
  14. We’re going tomorrow and I do expect a Sunday lineup. Though maybe with the Monday off day it won’t be too bad.
  15. I know it’s Thomson, but on this ad bloated site the words I type or dictate often don’t come up until a minute or so later so I might not notice typos or auto corrects.. Bobby Thomson went to the same high school as my Dad on Staten Island, though Bobby was a few years younger. My Dad had a contract to start spring training in the Yankees minor league camp in 1942, but he got called into service and by the time he got out it was too late to start a professional baseball career. But he got a job in Milwaukee after getting married and played in the old industrial league. His name is on the Old Time Ballpayers Association Sandlot Hall of Fame that is on display at Am Fam Field. Anyway, there are a lot of other and more recent examples of dramatic late turnarounds, like the Tigers overtaking the Twins in the wild card race last year, the Cardinals, winning like 17 in a row in September of 2021 to come from nowhere to get a playoff spot, and many more. I just focused on the old ones because they planted in my head that it isn’t over until it’s over.
  16. Hard to complain about the tie, but feel like they missed a golden opportunity to win it. Now hopefully Uribe isn’t too rusty.
  17. Turang’s failure really hurts with a double play king coming up. Now we could use a sac fly..
  18. Still no big hits. Letting Bauers hit against a lefty instead of Vaughn against a righty is a head scratcher.
  19. The big hits just haven’t been there much lately. Needed the center fielder to throw that sac fly off someone’s head and into the stands like, last night to get more than 1 run.
×
×
  • Create New...