Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

BruisedCrew

Verified Member
  • Posts

    9,096
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by BruisedCrew

  1. If there’s any consolation in losing this series (and I’m not sure there is any) it would be that it has been exposed that this team would be squashed by the Dodgers. Now that the Dodgers have Ohtani, Snell, Glasnow, and Yamamoto as SP, and their HOF and All Star string of hitters healthy and producing, the series would be a mismatch. With 5 games and 6 days the Brewers pitching staff would be dead before the series could come back to Milwaukee. Im still holding out hope (with no expectation) for the Brewers to ride the home crowd to a win on Saturday so I can use the tickets I bought for Game 1 on Monday. But this Brewers team looks defeated.
  2. I detailed in the other thread ( “Game 4 if Necessary”) why I feel strongly that Peralta is the only choice and why I will be upset if it isn’t him.
  3. How do you have a more rested pen on Saturday with a bullpen game today than if you start Peralta today? And who would the bullpen game pitchers even be after several of them pitched multiple innings yesterday.? Putting a pivotal game in the hands of Misioroski and Gasser seems extremely reckless. The Weather Channel forecast calls for a wind of 7 MPH .out of the SSE at 8 PM. A “wind” of 7 MPH is barely noticeable and SSE is more foul pole to foul pole than blowing out. It’s more like the absence of a wind blowing in. I’m going on record as saying that, unless there is some unknown physical reason for Peralta not to pitch tonight, I’m going to be pretty peeved if he doesn’t start.
  4. I think anything else would be definitive proof that Murphy’ is not a “master class” manager. When you have a chance to put a team away with your clear top SP going on normal rest you have to take it. If you win he can come back again on normal rest in Game 2 of the NLCS. If you lose then you go to an all hands on deck bullpen game on Saturday.
  5. Im going to be in Chicago Saturday and Sunday and I’m dreading the fact that I might find myself surrounded by thousands of celebrating Cubs fans.
  6. But if he was real leader he would have hit a 3 run HR with nobody on base…in both of his ABs.
  7. I think you both know that second guessers will focus on the manager’s pitching moves even in very low scoring games if the team ends up losing. But this is all straying from my original point, which was not that Murphy made a BAD move and lucked out, but that it wasn’t a “master class” or genius move just because the Brewers ended up winning the game.
  8. You're essentially adopting the position that if the team wins the manager made the right moves. Applying that logic, Murphy pulled a major blunder last October by bringing in Williams to pitch the ninth inning against the Mets and allowing him to face Alonso with 2 men on base. Managers make many decisions based on percentages, but most of those percentages are unknown. There are always going to be "what if" questions when something goes wrong. IF (and I realize I am using that dirty word) the Brewers had lost that game 3-1, the criticism of the decision to start Ashby would have been scathing. The decisions to start Ashby and to throw Misioroski into a tie game in the third inning led to a win in no small part because of things that had nothing to do with those decisions, most importantly the Brewers scoring 7 runs
  9. I really can't agree with the sentiment that Murphy's decision to go with the bullpen game was a master class move. In my book it was a gamble that ended up working out because the offense and the 6 pitchers who followed Ashby all came through with near flawless performances. From the contemporaneous comments on the game thread I think there are a lot of posters who would agree with me if they are honest with themselves. If Vaughn hadn't come up with the 3 run HR in the first and/or any of the 6 pitchers who followed Ashby had had blowup outings, he would have been roasted for tinkering with pitchers and putting them in something other than their normal roles. If he wanted to give the back end relievers an inning of work that could have been done easily after letting Priester go 4 innings and pulling him earlier if he ran into trouble. If Misioroski had walked several batters, like he has often done recently in his first innings, the Brewers would have found themselves in a 3-3 tie or trailing in the third inning with 3 pitchers, including 2 of the top relievers, already used up. I wonder if Murphy is now planning to use Quintina and Priester as a "stack" in game 3.
  10. Darling is old old enough to know who those old Brewers are but he throws out those names as if they played dozens of playoff games.
  11. After the way Misioroski bounced off the field screaming like a high schooler when he got the third out I wouldn’t trust him to be able to settle down and throw strikes in the next inning. But I do wonder what the plan is now that they’ve already used up two of the pitchers who would usually cover middle innings.
  12. These announcers are as bad as levering gawking at the high speed pitches while ignoring that he’s giving up walks and hits.
  13. I was prepared for it to be caught at the wall.
  14. He didn’t struggle against the Brewers.
  15. Might be seeing Misioroski tonight.
  16. There’s a move that backfired.
  17. This is a classic example of how a 3 run deficit for your favorite team looks much more insurmountable than a 3 run lead for favorite team. if I were a Phillies fan coming into this inning I would have been resigned to defeat but if I were a Dodgers fan I would have been a nervous wreck. Now we have a ballgame.
  18. Freeman was in a horrible slump too and Muncy was injured. As they say it’s not always who you play but when you play them. The July games between the Brewers and Dodgers would have about as much predictive value for a postseason series as the Yankees massacre over the Brewers the first weekend.
  19. No, if the DH goes into the field, the pitcher goes into the spot in the batting order of the fielder who was replaced and the team no longer has a DH spot
  20. It will be interesting to see how Chourio responds tonight. When he was on rehab, he played very tentatively because he was concerned that he would aggravate his injury.If he is tentative on the bases and/or in the field, it significantly impacts his value.
  21. Those relievers were all available yesterday and would be on Monday even if the Cubs had won yesterday. Scrolling through comments made on this thread during the game, I think there was way too much emphasis on the importance of burning up the Cubs bullpen and saving Brewers relievers. Playoff games these days are managed very differently than regular season games where there has to be concern about playing almost every day and burning pitchers out before the end of the season. it would be different if this series was 5 games in 5 days. But with off days after the first, second, and fourth games, the high leverage relievers could go every game if the situation called for it. In the Brewers case you could be concerned about rust because some of the relievers have now only pitched one inning in two weeks. I suspect that at least some of them threw innings in earnest during Wednesday and Thursday workouts to simulate game conditions.
  22. Just out of curiosity, what kinds of things can Counsell throw at the Brewers because he is down 1-0.
  23. Darling is one of the best. I like having the Mets games on MLB TV.
×
×
  • Create New...