Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

SeaBass

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,215
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by SeaBass

  1. I know how some people around here feel about conspiracy theories but the Packers can just say, "How do we not know that you and Rodgers cooked up the 90% retired comment when you met with him before he went on the Pat McAfee show?" I don't think that's altogether implausible even if it's more on the unlikely side of the odds. What I've seen is that the 1st in 2024 was originally agreed to be unconditional, now they want qualifiers, i.e. 2nd round pick that if it meets conditions could be a 1st depending on Rodgers health and/or Jets record at the end of 2023. I've also seen that the Jets are now off including the 1st altogether because they don't want a Denver/Russell Wilson situation. I almost wonder if they're trying to back off a 2nd in 2024 as well. I haven't heard anything on that, just speculating. Saw another report that the Packers are not against discussing sending a pick back to the Jets in 2025 if Rodgers retires/doesn't play in 2024. So based on all those things it seems to me that the Packers aren't being super unreasonable. They'd like the Jets to honor the original agreement. Seems reasonable. They're not demanding a 1st this season, they're not against returning compensation if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024. I'm biased of course but I think the Jets look worse in this situation. Assuming all of that is true, can't know for sure.
  2. Has anyone asked ChatGPT for its version of a mock draft yet? I'd wonder if it's any better than an auto draft setting for a default fantasy league.
  3. It would be very Rodgers of him to demand that the trade not be officially announced until just before the draft so that there's no external pressure from fans/media about him reporting to the off-season workouts, etc. that begin for the Jets on April 18.
  4. The Brewers have scored 39 runs in their first 6 games (thru April 5). It took them 12 games last season to meet/exceed that on April 19.
  5. The Brewers going off at nearly 9 runs per game the last 4 games is a thing I could get used to.
  6. It was good, binged it all in one day on Sunday.
  7. Turang and Varland, so cool for those guys. For whatever reason Varland's reaction hit me even harder than Turang's. All the stuff a Rule 5 guy must have on his shoulders, not quite good enough to be protected by his original team (even knowing it's a team with deep talent), picked up by another team that feels he's worth a look then the pressure to go out and prove it in what has to feel like an all or nothing chance at his dreams and then getting that confirmation that, yeah, you belong here. You made it. What a feeling it must be.
  8. The Gute just wants his picks, they really tie the team together.
  9. Apparently I need to say things like this more often... Not directly a Packers move but it could be.
  10. It's feeling an awful lot like nothing is going to happen for weeks, best we just settle in and wait for it to happen. And it will eventually. It feels much more likely to happen before the draft than after. I'm kind of done reacting (easy to say) to every rumor or opinion piece on the internet or media. I'll pay more serious attention if there's an information leak that feels legit, until then people out there are just selling ad space.
  11. As far as a fair trade package, this is the only one I really noticed but it's not awful. I actually liked it the more I thought about it. This scenario results in no 2023 draft pick for GB, I still would like to see a pick swap of 13 and 15 in addition to the rest of it though, I'm not letting that go lol. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-trade-package-heres-the-deal-the-jets-and-packers-should-agree-on-for-star-qb/ Jets get: Aaron Rodgers. Packers get: 2024 conditional second-round pick, 2025 conditional fourth-round pick. On the surface, Packers fans might hate this deal, but the conditions will definitely make it better for Green Bay. So what are the conditions here? 2024 conditional second-round pick. If the Jets make the playoffs in 2023 and Rodgers plays at least 50% of the offensive snaps during the season, then the 2024 conditional second-round pick becomes a first-round pick. The Jets have the NFL's longest active drought without a playoff berth -- they haven't been to the postseason since 2010 -- and if Rodgers ends that, then New York should be more than happy to surrender a first-rounder. The other upside for the Jets here is that if they make the playoffs, that means in the worst-case scenario, they'll only be giving up the 19th overall pick. 2025 conditional fourth-round pick. As for the 2025 conditional pick, this one is a little more complicated. If Rodgers decides to retire and doesn't play in 2024, then this stays a fourth-round pick. If Rodgers plays in 2024 and the Jets make the divisional round, this becomes a third-round pick. If they make the conference title game, it becomes a second-round pick and if they make the Super Bowl, it becomes a first-round pick.
  12. Bring him back and make him play on special teams coverage units. WHOA SOLVD Not blue because I'm serious. If they're paying him and he's dumb enough to make them pay him, make him play.
  13. That has been in my mind for a while now actually, he is exactly the type to be offended if he is only traded for a low draft pick lol.
  14. For the record it wasn't my intention to say that Rodgers was trying to blame the Packers, I recall that he specifically said he doesn't blame them and doesn't feel animosity towards them. Only that people out there are choosing to push the narrative that the Packers specifically are the holdup. I didn't feel like going back to look up Rodgers' exact statement about it.
  15. Just got an email that YouTube TV is increasing their price from $64.99 to $72.99, effective April 18. Meet the new cable, same as the old cable. 😂
  16. Criticism is fair. Especially after the playoff loss vs. the 49ers many fans had just about had it with playoff failure. That wasn't all Rodgers fault but in the aftermath even I was frustrated enough to think, "Why do we even have this guy?" In the end I don't think their jobs should be threatened because of that one thing. It's a piece in the overall evaluation. What bewilders me is I just don't think the Packers, or Rodgers, give fans enough credit to be intelligent enough to understand the complexities of the situation. Like, sure, if you look at twitter there are many fools out there that play into that but there are also many trolls out there just looking to have a good time by kicking the anthill. The Packers seem to have been crippled by this idea that they can't be the ones to suggest the time has come to move on from Rodgers publicly. Things got messy during the Favre divorce and, this is pure speculation, maybe they have numbers that tell them that all that mess hurt their bottom line. If that happened it's fair for them to be wary. But also the many fans that were around for all that with Favre have applied their experience to this divorce. Like ok, this isn't great but we've been through this before and it was ok in the end. It can be ok this time too. I just think fandom has evolved since what went on during Farve's departure. Trading for value, selling before it's too late, is much more in the mindset of a fan than it used to be. That's what I think about when it comes to criticism. It's not so much that I think the Packers have bungled their way through another QB departure, it's that they don't seem to trust their fans enough and they're standing on a chair in fear because of the harmless little mouse they saw in the cupboard under the sink.
  17. Right, it's just that there are a portion of people out there trying to put all the blame on the Packers. I'm not sure how Rodgers actually worded this part.
  18. The Packers AND the Jets are the ones holding it up. Negotiation is between two parties, not one.
  19. LOL he's still talking about 2020. C'mon man. (still no decision)
  20. I feel like more pressure is on the Jets here. The Packers are still motivated to get a deal done but they can try to turn the screws a bit. Honestly even if things don't get worked out until after June 1st it's still not a tragedy. They're going to want picks in this year's draft though so it's likely things get worked out before then. I do not think the Packers are getting two 1st round picks though. No chance. The Jets could just go make an offer to Lamar Jackson if they were willing to do that AND they could wait until after the draft to get it done so that the picks come in the next two years. A 1st this year would be nice, a 2nd is still good and hope for a 15th for 13th pick swap as a cherry on top. Conditional pick for next year and/or maybe a player. These work for me.
  21. But with a better defense, or at least one that actually played to their talent potential. Having a game manager QB with experience and instincts on a team with some talented pieces isn't bad if the defense is there to back it up. And Rodgers still very much has the potential to be much more than a game manager. There's talk about whether we should feel sad to see Rodgers leave but as with Favre (with the Jets anyway) for me there is interest and curiosity to see what that team can do with him. Doesn't mean I'm rooting for him or becoming a Jets fan but I will be interested to watch how it plays out. If he wins a Super Bowl with the Jets I think that would be pretty cool. Yeah it sucks the Packers haven't been able to get back there with him over the last decade or so, there have been close calls and agonizing defeats, and people want to blame Rodgers for all of that but man, just some fluky stuff has happened to this franchise. I figure they "should" (obviously not because it didn't happen) have been in at least 2 other Super Bowls (Seattle, Bucs), but things happen. You win some and you lose some and the Packers have done some losing instead of winning. They were still right there in the mix though. That means something. We didn't squander anything, it just didn't work out. That's sports.
  22. Bankruptcy date potentially set for this Friday, possibly as early as Thursday. https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2023/03/13/Insiders/sports-media.aspx Diamondbacks, Guardians, Padres and Reds are initial teams in danger of dropping off of Bally Sports telecasts. Reportedly MLB will pick up streaming coverage if this happens. Brewers look to be ok for now, guess that lower price they negotiated is saving their bacon as the other teams have higher payouts and thus make it harder for Diamond Sports to pay the bills. NBA/Bucks coverage looks like it will be set through the end of the season and through the first round of the playoffs.
  23. I understand that guys, I'm not the one complaining about the Brewers spending lol. The sky is blue the grass is green and the NBA, NFL & MLB are all different. I'm just saying that's the closest thing because of the market they exist in and the Bucks are still overspending in the Milwaukee market regardless of how much the owners are worth, even if it's only because they are paying the tax which is like setting money on fire. If it applies to Attanasio it applies to them. At some point they will need to have a reset year just like all teams do that continually dip into the tax.
  24. I see where you're coming from but any and all concern about Rodgers' salary is fully contained to the salary cap. As much as I dislike the "just spend more" narrative around Attanasio they're just not comparable. I honestly think the franchise that makes the Brewers look worst is right here in the same city, the Bucks. They are spending over the cap and paying millions in luxury tax (by all accounts they're not loving it but they're still doing it). Something I doubt we'll ever see from the Brewers franchise despite it being in the same small market.
×
×
  • Create New...