Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

Joseph Zarr

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
  • Posts

    18,796
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    232

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Joseph Zarr

  1. Another smoked liner to right CF. Getting absolutely peppered here in the 7th. Man on 2nd. Two down. Meanwhile, Zamora hits a liner sac fly chased down in the left CF gap. 4-0. Both runners advance. Two down. Man on 3B.
  2. Down 3-0. Full count. Hernandez sees a low heater absolutely rocked off the top of the video board. 4-0 Salem. Ouch. 111 mph off the bat. 449 feet. Yup. That left the yard.
  3. Rosario rips a double down the RF line past the diving 1B. He scores Dalbec. Men on 2nd and 3rd. One down. 3-0 Sounds. Noice!
  4. EMJ struck out but Alfaro singles hard to RF. 2-0 Sounds. One down. Men on 1st and 2nd. Meanwhile, a hard hit grounder eats up Bitonti when he tries to corral it and throw home. He rushed the gather there, clearly. It was right to him. Di Turi grabs the deflection and gets the 2nd out. But, it's now 3-0 Salem.
  5. Another hard hit ball up the middle. Di Turi can't snag it and it deflects to CF. Payne over ran it due to the deflection. Run scores. 2-0 deficit. Runner is thrown out trying to take 2B. Man on 3rd. One down.
  6. Dalbec follows ripping a hard hit single into deep right CF. Men on the corners. Nobody out. Meanwhile, Hernandez has given up consecutive singles in the top of the 7th. Men on 1st and 2nd. Nobody out. This is a 7-inning game, remember. Muddies trail 1-0.
  7. Dunn does just that ripping a hard hit liner for a single into RF. 1-0 Sounds. Nobody out. Dunn at 1B.
  8. Seigler lead off triple high off the deep right CF wall. Missed a HR by what seemed 3 feet. Dunn will try to knock him home.
  9. We have devolved. I could say quite a bit here - but, glad you feel comfortable playing the part of armchair financial strategist. Incredible. If you only knew (which you don't). I'm going to simply take the high road and declare confidently: we disagree entirely on how we view this entire conversation. I'm fine with it. The Brewers winning with poor strategy and rationale doesn't mean they didn't win via poor strategy and rationale. The two are not mutually exclusive. You feel they are. That's fine. Enjoy that POV. I don't begrudge it.
  10. Hernandez just gave up a 119 mph single past the diving Made. Don't know how he didn't catch that warm-burner.
  11. Anderson grounds into an inning ending 6-4-3 DP. 0-0 and we head to the 5th in a 7-inning game one of two.
  12. Peña just missed an oppo taco inside the RF foul pole by about 6'. Dang. That was close. 0-0 game here in the bottom of the fourth. Instead, he flies out high up the LF wall. MAN, he was all over that AB. Sheesh.
  13. <cue Lebowski Nihlists gif> Is this some sage wisdom? It's the players who win games? Sure. The manager also puts the players in positions to succeed. Clearly you have never watched Glenn 'Doc' Rivers 'manage' an NBA basketball game. I traded crypto and Forex for years (I still do, casually, but with a much smaller play purse). It would be just an asinine approach for any trader to say: "Meh, let me just enter the game. I don't win these trades the Buy and Sell Order do." No. You play probabilities and percentages. You know certain patterns, especially when combined, give a probability of outcomes. None of this is rocket science. I promise you. You play the odds. Because, that is what history tells us has the best chance for success. Anywho, I'm not trying to get into fights over Murf's management style (if we can call it that). It's very fair to say I don't appreciate his approach. 😂
  14. Well, I think it's going to come down to many man factors beyond our comprehension. The most important thing, via my unimportant perspective, is he hasn't had any real physical setbacks. Velo down? Yeah, that's not ideal BUT we don't really know why it's down. Like I said above: his off-speed was fantastic today. Maybe they were working more on that? We aren't privy to the conversations and the plans of attack. Do we want to see him sitting 94-95 mph? Ab-so-lutely. He also pitched 7 innings of 0 ER ball. Was it the Chiefs? Shoot. Yes. Can we pretend it was Quad Cities? Would that even matter?😂 We'll just use Mears, regardless. There I go again! Double darn!
  15. I hear Murphy pitched a rule revision to Manfred over the last month. It's called 'Manfred's Man 2.0'. In this scenario, manager Pat Murphy has received carte blanche to use RHP Nick Mears in any scenario at any time in any game in any season. This mean if he pitched two innings in regulation? He can come back out for two more innings in extras. Actually, he can also fill the role of 'Manfred's Man' by pinch running for the opposing team (?!?!) while he is pitching for the Brewers. He truly is trying to reshape baseball before our eyes. I'm all for it.
  16. It's painful, my friend. Murphy is the cause of the rising ulcer epidemic in Wisconsin I hear.
  17. I sadly agree with you. It truly pains me. I'm mostly neutral when it comes to Brewers stuff. Truly. My bread and butter is obviously the Minor Leagues. It is where I spend the vast majority of my time. But, I watch the Brewers games as well. Watching Murphy repeatedly fumble over the most basic of errors in innings and situation management with his bullpen arms is maddening. It's difficult to stomach as a baseball purist. Maybe his decisions and usages would be defensible in a Minor League arena. At the MLB level? Nope. I mean he literally just said yesterday they were going to lay off the multiple inning scenarios with Mears. He literally said it on camera yesterday. It just makes zero sense. It just isn't defensible logic. Ugh. Hard to rationalize any of it.
  18. You are a MAD MAN. Nobody should get in the way of our great MOTY award winner. He is in a League of his own. Man, I really want to like Murphy. I sincerely do. He's a likable human. BUT, I'm sorry. He is not a good MLB manager. A significant part of helping your MLB team win ball games is reading the tea leaves and orchestrating the pitching staff. To this end, he is a drunken blind man. It's maddening. Truly maddening. These are not hard decisions. They are stubborn and truly poor 'feel' decisions demonstrating he doesn't actually understand what the numbers are telling all of us. OR, he flat doesn't care and thinks he is smarter than the game. You can't 'hope' for outcomes. You play probabilities and percentages. These types of probability and statistically backed decisions are truly the only bullpen logic we have in baseball. Man. It's just painful.
×
×
  • Create New...