Jump to content
Brewer Fanatic

DonBarclay

Verified Member
  • Posts

    283
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Forums

Blogs

Events

News

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Top Prospects Ranking

Milwaukee Brewers Videos

2022 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

Milwaukee Brewers Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

2024 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Picks

The Milwaukee Brewers Players Project

2025 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Milwaukee Brewers Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by DonBarclay

  1. You sure do. If you’re expecting a short start and the need for a long man, I’d prefer Anderson to bridge to the A bullpen over Bryse. We’re probably arguing about something that really doesn’t matter. But I think it’s more sensible to have your better pitcher available for a situation you may need him in, and not worry about the guy that you’re going to DFA when Hall is back in a week going back to back days.
  2. I would disagree with that logic. If tomorrow is close, you don’t want to use Bryse. You’d be much more inclined to use Anderson for say the 5th before the A bullpen. Now, that would make it 3 days in a row for him.
  3. One inning here doesn’t preclude him from being the long man the rest of the series. I’m totally fine with going Anderson. But it’s also a very logical spot for Bryse.
  4. If you can’t get Bryse an inning here, then when? McCullers hit a wall.
  5. Vaughn/Bauers have the Aguilar/Thames going on. But better.
  6. I don’t. I buy seeing your career be on the brink of becoming a utility infielder / bench player making something click. If I had to guess, he decided there’s nothing to lose, and put less pressure on himself and stopped pressing.
  7. I would put the odds at -750 he’s retiring. Just had another kid, making it 3 young ones. Likely faces another 1.5+ years of rehab. Nobody going to sign him to the great rehab contract the Brewers did last time around. I’d be very, very surprised if he’s not hanging it up.
  8. Just because he was the PTBNL, doesn’t make him a throw in. Was the 2nd biggest piece of the trade, and they were simply going back and forth between Brantley and Green (who were 7/8 in brewers system -https://www.brewcrewball.com/2008/6/26/559111/breaking-down-the-prospect) to be included. Ironically; making the playoffs is what made it Brantley rather than Green. That gave Cleveland the decision, and if MKE missed playoffs, it would’ve been their decision and they’d have shipped off Green.
  9. Turns 22 in August. Batting 9th, with no defensive home. UDFA. In other words, the definition of a non-prospect.
  10. I don’t know how Fielder was going to continue to get ABs in the org after they start signing the draft picks. Basically gave up nothing. Will be interesting to see how much $ Houston kicks in.
  11. I’m curious to see if they put Vaughn at 3rd and slide Joey to 2nd. Might be giving Turang a full day off.
  12. How quick we are to forget the Brad Nelson 0-21 to start 2009, never to be heard from again.
  13. Greg Jones at 2B is something else. Glad this is hopefully the only time we see it.
  14. I found out I needed glasses after missing an entire bucket in BP at my first Babe Ruth practice when I was 13. Coach told me to read the words on the bucket. When I couldn’t, he said don’t come back until I had been to the eye Dr 😂
  15. Just goofing around. A couple of my teammates and I back in legion ball had to play down on Junior legion for a game because of some event that had several players missing. We all hit opposite and with wood. It was a hell of a time.
  16. So, 600 Brewers fans? I’m still shocked at how empty that stadium is most nights.
  17. Anybody but Megill, Uribe, or Ashby. Those 3 guys are absolutely needed down the stretch. Not worth pushing them today
  18. I wonder what the most team hits in a game with only 4 batters recording a hit is? I don’t think the brewers are anywhere close, but it’s interesting have 10 hits by only 4 guys.
  19. The good ol’ youth baseball tournament 5 games in 2 days strategy. Only start him once they change the Win rule to not have to go 5 innings as the starter.
  20. I’d consider rolling out Ashby for the 9th. Walker, then two lefties due up.
  21. Miz having a “bad day” is 7 innings, 3 ER, and 11 K’s. Sanchez’s bad day yesterday was 3.1 innings, 9 ER, and 1 K. He’s simply on a different level.
  22. Miz going 7 is big. Should have a ton of options in game 2, and still have some left for tomorrow if they can shut the door and end this in 9.
×
×
  • Create New...